9530 5.0.0.328 Fixes and Findings - Page 15
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 490

Thread: 9530 5.0.0.328 Fixes and Findings

  1. #281
    heloguy's Avatar
    heloguy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    5.0.0.732
    Posts
    175
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by soloking12 View Post
    this what you do go to options then go to applications prss third party then go down to core then select blackberry 5.0.0 system softwrae and prss the berrys hit edit default permissions set everthing to allow and the same for core applications and your quick pull quick lunch will work.I am on my six reset
    i cant change all to allow. when i open options->applications->click third party and change to core, etc. i get "interactions" is set to custom, and will not change to allow. I change it to allow, but it instantlyreverts back to custom. when i expand it "security timer reset" is set to deny, and will not change. anyone know how to fix this? i would really love to use quickpull.
    thanks in advance!

    edit: I just read the instructions from the developers website, and it seems that it is a BES issue. you cant use a BES server for it to work. i do.
    Last edited by heloguy; 10-27-2009 at 10:36 AM.




  2. #282
    cawty's Avatar
    cawty is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    atl,ga
    Device
    storm
    OS
    hybrid v.3.5
    Posts
    82
    Liked
    0 times
    man i am disappointed in this official update. no 3g and no pop up keys when typing. im stuck with this s1 i at least would like to have these 2 amenities in an official build. i cant wait for crackman to do his magic.....

    the BB movement.... yes sir.

  3. #283
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cawty View Post
    man i am disappointed in this official update. no 3g and no pop up keys when typing. im stuck with this s1 i at least would like to have these 2 amenities in an official build. i cant wait for crackman to do his magic.....
    the 3g symbol is useless. the 1XEV and 1X are much more descriptive. When I had the 3G symbol even if I was in a 1X area it would still say 3G. the ghost keys were cool but if you type fast got to be a PITA

  4. #284
    manofice's Avatar
    manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Posts
    701
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    the 3g symbol is useless. the 1XEV and 1X are much more descriptive. When I had the 3G symbol even if I was in a 1X area it would still say 3G. the ghost keys were cool but if you type fast got to be a PITA
    As much as I liked the 3G icon I agree with you.
    Running BB 9930 7.0.0.353
    BlackBerry Certified Support Specialist (v5.0)

  5. #285
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by manofice View Post
    As much as I liked the 3G icon I agree with you.
    Mine would change to 1X but then when I got back to full service area it would say 1XEV randomly instead of 3G. Doesn't matter to me although the 3G was cooler.

  6. #286
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    Mine would change to 1X but then when I got back to full service area it would say 1XEV randomly instead of 3G. Doesn't matter to me although the 3G was cooler.
    LOL of course Morg has .02... just kidding Morg thanks.. Yea it wasnt very accurate at all for me I live in a 1X area and it always said 3G never anything else. Was annoying seems that build caused me to lose my data connection until I tried to use it from the phone.

  7. #287
    BRKDR08's Avatar
    BRKDR08 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    SUNNY FL
    PIN
    ASK ME!
    Device
    9530/9550
    OS
    5.0.0.328/5.0.0.428
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    0 times
    Im ramdomly getting incoming calls and battery life is worse w .328

  8. #288
    sezaro21's Avatar
    sezaro21 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Palm Coast, Florida
    PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Posts
    209
    Liked
    1 times
    I found where the leak in my OS was coming from. Weatherbug was draining my memory to the single digits. Since I've deleted that app, my memory has been ata stable 33 MB. To bad, I always liked Weatherbug.:no:

  9. #289
    T-Rob's Avatar
    T-Rob is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    PIN
    LOL...yeah, right!
    Device
    BB Storm 9550 - Verizon
    OS
    v5.0.0.607
    Posts
    246
    Liked
    0 times
    What "ghost keys" are you guys referring to? I've was outta the net for the last couple of months and leaks.

    Thx,
    T

  10. #290
    manofice's Avatar
    manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Posts
    701
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sezaro21 View Post
    I found where the leak in my OS was coming from. Weatherbug was draining my memory to the single digits. Since I've deleted that app, my memory has been ata stable 33 MB. To bad, I always liked Weatherbug.:no:
    Good find, try weather eye, i've been running it all day all night and it's not affecting my memory at all
    Running BB 9930 7.0.0.353
    BlackBerry Certified Support Specialist (v5.0)

  11. #291
    RandomElectron is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    storm
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times

    Bluetooth performance greatly diminished

    Just installed the official version from Verizon. Noticed a great decrease in fidelity. Changed the sound controls. No real difference noted. Anyone know if there is a fix?

  12. #292
    liljp41's Avatar
    liljp41 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow liljp41 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    PIN
    an assortment of numbers and letters
    Device
    9530 Storm Verizon
    OS
    Newest
    Posts
    145
    Liked
    0 times
    so i got the minitube youtube app to work, you just have to install it from backup or using bbsak.. you cant download it from the site or nethin over ota since it doesnt look @ the OS as a supported phone.
    Check out my themes Knext Level adVanced NuexThe Produxshun
    Relax from the NOSE!! ~New OS Excitement lol~

  13. #293
    RandomElectron is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    storm
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times

    Voice dialing changes

    Just loaded this new version. Note a great many changes to voice dialing. 1. Recognition rate has dramatically decreased to 1 correct out of 6; 2. Voice prompt voice has changed; 3. Volume of voice prompts and status vary greatly; 4. Offers to repeat if recognition fails.

    All in all, this is a great disappointment. It's also dangerous! It hinders hands free operation.

  14. #294
    xkwwwx's Avatar
    xkwwwx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    chicago burbs
    PIN
    dammoni-uhhhhm
    Device
    Verizon 9530/Droid
    OS
    Lyricidal .238/296 Hybrid/android 2.0
    Posts
    141
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by randomelectron View Post
    just loaded this new version. Note a great many changes to voice dialing. 1. Recognition rate has dramatically decreased to 1 correct out of 6; 2. Voice prompt voice has changed; 3. Volume of voice prompts and status vary greatly; 4. Offers to repeat if recognition fails.

    All in all, this is a great disappointment. It's also dangerous! It hinders hands free operation.
    this is a problem directly related to nuance's new version of vad. Upgraded in 323 and again on 328, it is still far from stable. What is going on here? No stable bluetooth on a blackberry. There was nothing wrong with version 2088 47.2 0241. This is just another reason for staying on 230 hybrids and a good reason for not buying the 9550!
    Last edited by xkwwwx; 10-27-2009 at 01:07 PM.
    FREE 95xx ALIENWARE OMEGA SLIDER BY ZLEE67 http://tinyurl.com/alienware-omega
    VAPE INTELLICIGS AT WWW.INTELLICIG.COM
    BBOS ROCKS

  15. #295
    tech4hire's Avatar
    tech4hire is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow tech4hire On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lewis Center, OH
    PIN
    304CF3F6
    Device
    Storm (9530)
    OS
    5.0.0.607 Hybrid
    Posts
    92
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xkwwwx View Post
    this is a problem directly related to nuance's new version of vad. Upgraded in 323 and again on 328, it is still far from stable. What is going on here? No stable bluetooth on a blackberry. There was nothing wrong with version 2088 47.2 0241. This is just another reason for staying on 230 hybrids and a good reason for not buying the 9550!
    Hmmm...haven't experienced any issue with the VAD with 328. Works perfectly with my bluetooth headset. Overall, I am pleased with this build, especially since I got Quickpull working.
    - The Best Site for all your Blackberry Needs
    "You caught me...you caught the Tater" - Ron White
    Current OS:5.0.0.607 Hybrid Follow me on Twitter @tech4hire
    Help Center l MEMBER SUPPORT

  16. #296
    HarlyFan's Avatar
    HarlyFan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Powell, Ohio
    PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Posts
    469
    Liked
    0 times
    I am trying to delete the Sample Pics. I was told to use BBSAK but I can not find the cod files that I am suppose to be deleting can someone be alittle more specific? Thanks
    Live Each Day Like You Are Dying!

  17. #297
    sunkast Guest

  18. #298
    2thlaser's Avatar
    2thlaser is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MT
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0.328
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomElectron View Post
    Just installed the official version from Verizon. Noticed a great decrease in fidelity. Changed the sound controls. No real difference noted. Anyone know if there is a fix?
    Same problem....anyone know anything to do?

  19. #299
    heloguy's Avatar
    heloguy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    5.0.0.732
    Posts
    175
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    i tried it and still no go. AM I DOOMED TO HAVE THESE STUPID PICS USING VALUABLE MEMORY?:irked:

  20. #300
    Miata492's Avatar
    Miata492 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Miata492 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    CT, USA
    PIN
    OT NOIR
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607 A_E_hybrid
    Posts
    99
    Liked
    0 times
    I found that any themes with hidden today cause my Storm to freeze when you highlight the calendar icon (so it brings up your calendar on the homescreen). You then have to do a battery pull and it takes about 20 minutes for it to boot up. I tested this with 3 different themes. This also happened on .323. I know it is a Plazmic issue, but it is weird.

    BT is working perfect with my Jabra BT500v, Meterberry and Berry Weather are also working perfect on the homescreen.

    I also discovered that when I loaded .323 last week, it did not like doing the 3rd party program restore - everything was wonky. So I wiped it again immediately and restored all my 3rd party stuff from scratch. I also did this with .328 for the hec of it.
    VZW Storm2 9550 5.0.0.607 A_E_hybrid

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •