9530 to get OS 5.0.0.328 via Official Release by Verizon - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 196

Thread: 9530 to get OS 5.0.0.328 via Official Release by Verizon

  1. #41
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rookietrader View Post
    so visual voicemail doesnt work on .323? is this why people have been calling me this week but i'm not seeing new visual voicemails....

    I think it works, i mean my has been working fine.




  2. #42
    Prince Jah's Avatar
    Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beantown MA
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Posts
    579
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    And according to DonNguyen at CB it will be released at 7pm PT on Oct. 25th. This would be very exciting indeed.
    ..


    Not good with Time Zones..But is that like 3 hrs ahead or behind EST

  3. #43
    rookietrader's Avatar
    rookietrader is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow rookietrader On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    PIN
    on pluto...available upon request
    Device
    9550/9700
    OS
    5.0.0.983, OS 6.0.0.344
    Posts
    176
    Liked
    1 times
    it needs to be .328 that is released...not .323 because it still has bugs...i'm glad they are doing an official 9530 OS because i can use my storm1 for a few more months until i get the green light that the storm2 is a solid device

  4. #44
    rookietrader's Avatar
    rookietrader is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow rookietrader On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    PIN
    on pluto...available upon request
    Device
    9550/9700
    OS
    5.0.0.983, OS 6.0.0.344
    Posts
    176
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I think it works, i mean my has been working fine.
    i'm not sure whats going on with my voicemail...i dialed 1 to check voicemail and it says this call can not be completed as dialed...i added youmail visual voicemail to try it out and took it off...that may has something to do with it. i'll dial my phone number to check vm.

    edit...i just manually checked my visual voicemail...and its messages....crap it didnt update my vvm automatically...could this be another problem with .323?
    Last edited by rookietrader; 10-23-2009 at 07:29 PM.

  5. #45
    C6StingRay's Avatar
    C6StingRay is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow C6StingRay On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    178
    Liked
    0 times
    What I'm most excited about is getting the new 5.0 in the hands of the software developers so they can update there apps & themes...tired of going without Meterberry and StopTilt....

    still hoping for a upgrade offer for Storm 2 even after this hits....

  6. #46
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by C6StingRay View Post
    What I'm most excited about is getting the new 5.0 in the hands of the software developers so they can update there apps & themes...tired of going without Meterberry and StopTilt....

    still hoping for a upgrade offer for Storm 2 even after this hits....
    I have to know.. what is everyones big thing with meterberry? I loved it when my device needed reset every day but now... there is no reason to need that

  7. #47
    apuntsel's Avatar
    apuntsel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    262
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rookietrader View Post
    i'm not sure whats going on with my voicemail...i dialed 1 to check voicemail and it says this call can not be completed as dialed...i added youmail visual voicemail to try it out and took it off...that may has something to do with it. i'll dial my phone number to check vm.

    edit...i just manually checked my visual voicemail...and its messages....crap it didnt update my vvm automatically...could this be another problem with .323?
    Mine is not updating automatically either :no: Hope .328 will fix that.
    Theme: bDroidX · Apps: Supra eKey, SmrtGuard, MeterBerry, Google Maps, Berry Weather, CaptureIt, BBFileScout, Visual VoiceMail, Mortgage Payment Calculator, BubbleBurst, StormSlots, Hangman

  8. #48
    markdental's Avatar
    markdental is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    285
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rookietrader View Post
    so visual voicemail doesnt work on .323? is this why people have been calling me this week but i'm not seeing new visual voicemails....
    Yup, that is why. It works for some, but not others. That is why .323 is a fail.

  9. #49
    Fletchdude's Avatar
    Fletchdude is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Fletchdude On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Franklin, Indiana
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    .320
    Posts
    158
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    I have to know.. what is everyones big thing with meterberry? I loved it when my device needed reset every day but now... there is no reason to need that
    Because i paid for it back in the 4.7 days. If i pay for it, it should work. IMHO money is money to me, im not as comfortable in the money dept as some people are on here... :no:
    If you don't have a Blackberry than your Last!!!

  10. #50
    xkwwwx's Avatar
    xkwwwx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    chicago burbs
    PIN
    dammoni-uhhhhm
    Device
    Verizon 9530/Droid
    OS
    Lyricidal .238/296 Hybrid/android 2.0
    Posts
    141
    Liked
    0 times
    So where is plazmic 5.0???
    FREE 95xx ALIENWARE OMEGA SLIDER BY ZLEE67 http://tinyurl.com/alienware-omega
    VAPE INTELLICIGS AT WWW.INTELLICIG.COM
    BBOS ROCKS

  11. #51
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xkwwwx View Post
    So where is plazmic 5.0???
    That's what I'm wondering. They have to release it very soon. App world will supposedly offer themes on the 9th. I bet they will have it released before then.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  12. #52
    xkwwwx's Avatar
    xkwwwx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    chicago burbs
    PIN
    dammoni-uhhhhm
    Device
    Verizon 9530/Droid
    OS
    Lyricidal .238/296 Hybrid/android 2.0
    Posts
    141
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by natemz View Post
    that's what i'm wondering. They have to release it very soon. App world will supposedly offer themes on the 9th. I bet they will have it released before then.
    that gives theme developers time? Right now it looks like without it we wont have the convenience of home screens that update icons.
    FREE 95xx ALIENWARE OMEGA SLIDER BY ZLEE67 http://tinyurl.com/alienware-omega
    VAPE INTELLICIGS AT WWW.INTELLICIG.COM
    BBOS ROCKS

  13. #53
    RedBank's Avatar
    RedBank is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jersey
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.323
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times
    ill tell you what...Don is 2 for 2 on MR calls...so I am a Don believer. There are several small bugs on 323 that would leave me to believe that it would not be released though...glad to see he is aying 328 again

  14. #54
    djstarion's Avatar
    djstarion is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markdental View Post
    Yup, that is why. It works for some, but not others. That is why .323 is a fail.
    I don't think this is .323's fault as much as VVM just needs to be updated.

  15. #55
    markdental's Avatar
    markdental is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    285
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    As for plasmic. It took quite a while before it was leaked for 4.7. The official took much longer. I don't see it coming out soon.

  16. #56
    markdental's Avatar
    markdental is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    285
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by djstarion
    Quote Originally Posted by markdental View Post
    Yup, that is why. It works for some, but not others. That is why .323 is a fail.
    I don't think this is .323's fault as much as VVM just needs to be updated.
    I am pretty sure I heard that vvm works on .328. But I could be wrong.

  17. #57
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    9 times
    here is the change log courtesy of Britishturbo via theblackberryzone..

    Symptoms Resolved:

    * Significant improvements in rotation detection and screen painting have been introduced in this software.
    * Device displayed a white bar at the bottom of the screen after a rotation event.
    * When setting a custom SMS tone for a single contact, this tone may playback unexpectedly for SMS' received from other contacts.
    * When swiping down the virtual keyboard in an MMS message the send and save draft icons did not appear as expected.
    * When viewing an SMS there was no simple way to call the current user. Now the user can select the number from the Callback Number field or from the message body and call that number from the pop up menu.
    * The delete prior function has the unwanted side-effect of triggering the compose email screen.
    * The user cannot configure their profile settings to increase the number of alerts when being notified of an event such as incoming SMS or email.
    * Previous software versions did not allow the user to increase the count of notifications (i.e. Beep 5 times when when I get an email and beep 3 times when I get an sms). In this software, this is now allowed with counts from 1-10.
    * When trying to set a home screen background of a certain resolution (more specifically a resolution matching either the width or the height of the native resolution of the LCD) it may have appeared as a black screen.
    * When trying to edit/create a folder, the virtual keyboard did not render to allow the user to enter the names of said folders.
    * Intermittently, when streaming a video while doing a handover to 2G on a 3G network the video would stop playing.
    * If you paused a video recording and then resumed, the icon state may not have reflected the current recording state.
    * After recoding a video of a certain size (7M) the saved video may be corrupted and unplayable.
    * During manual network selection, the radio buttons associated with the networks did not render as expected.
    * When moving out of coverage your device display for no coverage may have been inconsistent.
    * During voice calls, your device may have reset on a rare occasion.
    * After viewing and accepting the End User Licensing Agreement of the App World application the application doesn't startup (fixes introduced in the latest version of App World).
    * On some rare occasions, the device may reset on its own during a voice call or while idle.
    * During an MTP side load of 16GB of music, the device would leak memory and stop the transfer at ~75%.
    * During device full boot-up, the progress bar skips from 0% complete to ~66% complete instead of showing a gradual progression (Note: from 66% to 100% it does show a gradual progression).

    Ahh and it will be .328
    BlackBerry by Choice!

  18. #58
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    here is the change log courtesy of Britishturbo via theblackberryzone..

    Symptoms Resolved:

    * Significant improvements in rotation detection and screen painting have been introduced in this software.
    * Device displayed a white bar at the bottom of the screen after a rotation event.
    * When setting a custom SMS tone for a single contact, this tone may playback unexpectedly for SMS' received from other contacts.
    * When swiping down the virtual keyboard in an MMS message the send and save draft icons did not appear as expected.
    * When viewing an SMS there was no simple way to call the current user. Now the user can select the number from the Callback Number field or from the message body and call that number from the pop up menu.
    * The delete prior function has the unwanted side-effect of triggering the compose email screen.
    * The user cannot configure their profile settings to increase the number of alerts when being notified of an event such as incoming SMS or email.
    * Previous software versions did not allow the user to increase the count of notifications (i.e. Beep 5 times when when I get an email and beep 3 times when I get an sms). In this software, this is now allowed with counts from 1-10.
    * When trying to set a home screen background of a certain resolution (more specifically a resolution matching either the width or the height of the native resolution of the LCD) it may have appeared as a black screen.
    * When trying to edit/create a folder, the virtual keyboard did not render to allow the user to enter the names of said folders.
    * Intermittently, when streaming a video while doing a handover to 2G on a 3G network the video would stop playing.
    * If you paused a video recording and then resumed, the icon state may not have reflected the current recording state.
    * After recoding a video of a certain size (7M) the saved video may be corrupted and unplayable.
    * During manual network selection, the radio buttons associated with the networks did not render as expected.
    * When moving out of coverage your device display for no coverage may have been inconsistent.
    * During voice calls, your device may have reset on a rare occasion.
    * After viewing and accepting the End User Licensing Agreement of the App World application the application doesn't startup (fixes introduced in the latest version of App World).
    * On some rare occasions, the device may reset on its own during a voice call or while idle.
    * During an MTP side load of 16GB of music, the device would leak memory and stop the transfer at ~75%.
    * During device full boot-up, the progress bar skips from 0% complete to ~66% complete instead of showing a gradual progression (Note: from 66% to 100% it does show a gradual progression).

    Ahh and it will be .328

    :fing02:

  19. #59
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    375
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rookietrader View Post
    it needs to be .328 that is released...not .323 because it still has bugs...i'm glad they are doing an official 9530 OS because i can use my storm1 for a few more months until i get the green light that the storm2 is a solid device
    From what i've heard, .328 has many of the same bugs as .323

  20. #60
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Screen painting? WTF?
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •