Switching OS's - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

Thread: Switching OS's

  1. #21
    h3ckler is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times
    all I can think of is my phone having a pass but I don't remember eveer setting one lol. where could I find this?




  2. #22
    h3ckler is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    Keep in mind that I use XP, but you are familiar with both so here:

    Go to C:/ program files / common files / research in motion / apploader <--right click and run as admin

    Then try it. I think the path may be slightly different since its Vista. Someone who knows chime in real quick (sunkast?)
    The only thing is I can't even wipe my phone right now because bbsak isn't working....So I'm stuck basically at square one

  3. #23
    sunkast Guest
    Does Desktop Manager show your PIN when you have your phone plugged in?

  4. #24
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by h3ckler View Post
    The only thing is I can't even wipe my phone right now because bbsak isn't working....So I'm stuck basically at square one
    Do that step anyways while I get you a link for some different instructions so you don't need bbsak. (BBSAK might work after you do that previous step).

  5. #25
    h3ckler is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    Do that step anyways while I get you a link for some different instructions so you don't need bbsak. (BBSAK might work after you do that previous step).
    ok so my phone is backed up through desktop manager...

    still no dice on bbsak, just need to know how to wipe my phone clean so I can install a new OS somehow.

  6. #26
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by h3ckler View Post
    ok so my phone is backed up through desktop manager...

    still no dice on bbsak, just need to know how to wipe my phone clean so I can install a new OS somehow.
    You know, you don't HAVE to wipe. Are you running the OS it came with?

    Here's that link: http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/r...oader-exe.html again- XP. If someone with more Vista knowledge can step in that would be cool, unless its the same here...

  7. #27
    h3ckler is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    You know, you don't HAVE to wipe. Are you running the OS it came with?

    Here's that link: http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/r...oader-exe.html again- XP. If someone with more Vista knowledge can step in that would be cool, unless its the same here...
    thank you I will try this out. hopefully it works. I will pm you or post here if it does.

  8. #28
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by h3ckler View Post
    thank you I will try this out. hopefully it works. I will pm you or post here if it does.
    Please post your result here so others having similar problems in the future can search and find out what actually worked in the end!

    (or learn not to listen to anyone named tommy :laugh2

  9. #29
    h3ckler is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times
    now I followed the step in your thread there and I get this.



    I got this one time lastnight too. I have the OS installed on my comp, my phone is backed up but it doesn't recodnize something I dunno?>

    to clarify,

    my phone is a 9530 to stop any questions coming towards that

    right now I have a 4.7.0.76 OS running on the phone, I had .122 and then I got a swap unit and got bumped to this crap OS

    I download 5.0.0.323 and installed it to my comp so I have just it and the desktop manager in my control panel
    Last edited by h3ckler; 10-23-2009 at 03:45 PM.

  10. #30
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by h3ckler View Post
    now I followed the step in your thread there and I get this.



    I got this one time lastnight too. I have the OS installed on my comp, my phone is backed up but it doesn't recodnize something I dunno?>
    I know I've said this a billion times, but you never said if you tried to run as admin... did you do that yet?

  11. #31
    h3ckler is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    I know I've said this a billion times, but you never said if you tried to run as admin... did you do that yet?
    yea I ran as admin.

    but a side not when I ran as admin, my pin didn't show so I ran normally and my pin did and then I got stuck at that step. I must've done something wrong from the get go....anything I can do to fix this? or start over maybe?
    Last edited by h3ckler; 10-23-2009 at 03:55 PM.

  12. #32
    Krypto is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Krypto On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BC
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.1082
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    0 times
    H3ckler, if you're having issue connecting to BBSAK, try rebooting your computer, or hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Start Task Manager. Under processes, end any process relating to BlackBerry or RIM (there are often 3 in total). You should then be able to open BBSAK and get it to recognize your pin. I used to have this issue and that worked every single time. Note, do this just before you're about to start BBSAK.

    Next, the error message you're seeing in the application loader is because the Vendor.xml file is still loaded somewhere. There is often a secondary copy that kept somewhere else but it isn't called Vendor.xml (it's something like Vendor.xml.old). If you're able to access BBSAK, you can use the option to load the OS via BBSAK and it will automatically delete any Vendor files.

    If you're still having troubles, let me know. I've loaded plenty of OSes using Vista 64-bit and I'm also with Telus (which I take it you are because you mention still being on .122).
    Krypto on CrackBerry Forums, BB Support Community Forums and Future Shop Community Forums

  13. #33
    h3ckler is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypto View Post
    H3ckler, if you're having issue connecting to BBSAK, try rebooting your computer, or hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Start Task Manager. Under processes, end any process relating to BlackBerry or RIM (there are often 3 in total). You should then be able to open BBSAK and get it to recognize your pin. I used to have this issue and that worked every single time. Note, do this just before you're about to start BBSAK.

    Next, the error message you're seeing in the application loader is because the Vendor.xml file is still loaded somewhere. There is often a secondary copy that kept somewhere else but it isn't called Vendor.xml (it's something like Vendor.xml.old). If you're able to access BBSAK, you can use the option to load the OS via BBSAK and it will automatically delete any Vendor files.

    If you're still having troubles, let me know. I've loaded plenty of OSes using Vista 64-bit and I'm also with Telus (which I take it you are because you mention still being on .122).
    alright will try this thanks

  14. #34
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks Krypto!

    Also, you can't run BBSAK and DM at the same time. Close BBSAK and then try and run apploader.

    Here's a thought: close all programs, plug phone back in, go back to apploader and run as admin, try it

    edit: can't connect to both at the same time is what I meant but apparently that's incorrect. I can't get both at the same time ever.
    Last edited by TommyGrubz; 10-23-2009 at 05:27 PM.

  15. #35
    h3ckler is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by h3ckler View Post
    alright will try this thanks
    alright so, The xml file was gone off my system, I even did an advanced search to see if there was another one on there and there wasnt. I also ended all processes relating to my blackberry, (2 RIM ones and there was another one for desktop manager) and so I tried the app loader again because bbsak didn't work. dunno what it could be

    anyone have msn so I could just add them and maybe try that way or have ventrillo installed on their comp and i could give the info for a server that I am part of and we could talk there.

  16. #36
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by h3ckler View Post
    alright so, The xml file was gone off my system, I even did an advanced search to see if there was another one on there and there wasnt. I also ended all processes relating to my blackberry, (2 RIM ones and there was another one for desktop manager) and so I tried the app loader again because bbsak didn't work. dunno what it could be

    anyone have msn so I could just add them and maybe try that way or have ventrillo installed on their comp and i could give the info for a server that I am part of and we could talk there.
    I don't have that, sorry. I can see if someone else can help in here if you wanna stick around.

  17. #37
    h3ckler is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    I don't have that, sorry. I can see if someone else can help in here if you wanna stick around.
    yea that would be great if possible. If not, I'm sure I will figure it out in the next hours

  18. #38
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by h3ckler View Post
    yea that would be great if possible. If not, I'm sure I will figure it out in the next hours
    I would try restarting the computer.

    What happens when you click ADD in apploader?

  19. #39
    h3ckler is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times
    tells me to look for something, and I dunno what I'm looking for....

    I looked around for a app that pops up but nothing. If someone finds a solution pm me please. for now I am giving up.

  20. #40
    glockguy's Avatar
    glockguy is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    5.0.0.415
    Posts
    347
    Liked
    1 times
    Just fyi...

    I cant get bbsak to recognize my phone unless DM is running and has the phone recognized.


    Sometimes I have to unplug/plug my phone back in a half dozen times too.

    This problem seemed to get MUCH better after downloading the new bbsak however....

    PS...I HATE Winblows.....I only run Macs.....but I had to go out and buy a PC JUST to load OS's.....how much do I LOVE my berry?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •