Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 41

  1. #1
    Ben-jammin is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    ASK
    Device
    BB Storm
    OS
    .148 BBC V7 update 3
    Posts
    25

    Need Help...Trying to update OS..

    So im new to this site..hello all..well i have my stock storm with .75 on it and im ready to update but im not sure what all OS to go to next to go up from there...ive been reading that ppl like .122 and ppl think that the .114 v3 is still the best...so where do i start from here? i think i understand the downloading and all the moving and copyin and pasting just not sure where to start...Thanx Guys



  2. #2
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-jammin View Post
    So im new to this site..hello all..well i have my stock storm with .75 on it and im ready to update but im not sure what all OS to go to next to go up from there...ive been reading that ppl like .122 and ppl think that the .114 v3 is still the best...so where do i start from here? i think i understand the downloading and all the moving and copyin and pasting just not sure where to start...Thanx Guys
    Welcome to BlackBerryOS Ben-jammin!!!

    My recommendation to you would be go with the .109. It is a very stable OS and runs very well. You can down load the OS HERE.

    Make sure you back up


    Once downloaded double click the installer and intall to your pc

    Once done installing it will ask if you want to launch the DM (NO)

    now go to C:/ Program Files/ Common Files/ Research In Motion/ Apploader and delete the vendor.xml file

    In the same folder is an icon, Loader.exe (looks like a phone) double click and follow the installation instructions ( make sure you back up)

  3. #3
    jpking's Avatar
    jpking is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jpking On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Coast, CA
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    200
    I had .114v3, & just switched last night when .122 came out. I personally prefer .122 ...so far. Sometimes these os's take a day or so to settle in & sort themselves out. But just so you know, there are several different ways of going about .122. Hybrid .114 v3 is pretty self explanatory in it's instructions, whereas .122 is kinda vague, because there's several base os's you could possibly use, as well as different CDMA files (or sfi files) you can use.

    I recommend downloading .113 as your base os, as this is probably the most stable, then paste the .122 Java files into that, and lastly use either the .122 CDMA file, or use the .113 CDMA. You may have to try both to see which works better for you. Some people prefer the .122 CDMA, & some prefer the .113.

    But pretty much you want .113 as your base os, with .122 Java files, and the CDMA file is up to you. You can either leave the .113 CDMA(which is what is used in .114 v3 Hybrid) or use the .122 CDMA. Then again you can actually go with .90 or .109 etc... Hope that helps



  4. #4
    jpking's Avatar
    jpking is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jpking On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Coast, CA
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Welcome to BlackBerryOS Ben-jammin!!!

    My recommendation to you would be go with the .109. It is a very stable OS and runs very well. You can down load the OS HERE.

    Make sure you back up


    Once downloaded double click the installer and intall to your pc

    Once done installing it will ask if you want to launch the DM (NO)

    now go to C:/ Program Files/ Common Files/ Research In Motion/ Apploader and delete the vendor.xml file

    In the same folder is an icon, Loader.exe (looks like a phone) double click and follow the installation instructions ( make sure you back up)
    Hey crackman, while I have you here, what do you recommend as a base os for the .122 Java & which radio file, in your opinion, is the best & less leaky? I'm running .113 as a base os, with both .122 Java AND .122 CDMA. Things seem to be doing well so far. Just wanted your opinion as v3 was/is awesome!

  5. #5
    Ben-jammin is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    ASK
    Device
    BB Storm
    OS
    .148 BBC V7 update 3
    Posts
    25
    i thot everyone on here is saying .122 is really good or go to .114....so do i download .109 then go up from there? i thot i read on here that going to one of the hybrids from .75 isnt a good idea also



  6. #6
    jpking's Avatar
    jpking is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jpking On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Coast, CA
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-jammin View Post
    i thot everyone on here is saying .122 is really good or go to .114....so do i download .109 then go up from there? i thot i read on here that going to one of the hybrids from .75 isnt a good idea also
    ANYTHING is better than .75! I think bbcrackman was telling you that to keep it simple, the .114 Hybrid and .122 are somewhat complicated if you've never done one before. Tell you what... you choose which you want to do, & I'll stay on here & walk you through it, how's that sound?

  7. #7
    Ben-jammin is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    ASK
    Device
    BB Storm
    OS
    .148 BBC V7 update 3
    Posts
    25
    thanks man... i appreciate it...shitty part is i got ppl stoping by...how long u gonna be on?

  8. #8
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    I'm here for a while if you need help

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •