Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 448 of 499

  1. #441
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PHX , AZ
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0.0.323
    Posts
    288
    On another note... i did notice that once again since the new 5.0 default ZEN themes were built they shrunk it in size once again. .191 was 3.10MB, .230 was 2.96MB(i think), the .252 sim OS was at 2.65MB, and now .323's theme is down to 2.55MB.

    Makes ya wonder what changes they are making to bring it down in size?!?!



  2. #442
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Drukan View Post
    On another note... i did notice that once again since the new 5.0 default ZEN themes were built they shrunk it in size once again. .191 was 3.10MB, .230 was 2.96MB(i think), the .252 sim OS was at 2.65MB, and now .323's theme is down to 2.55MB.

    Makes ya wonder what changes they are making to bring it down in size?!?!

    id assume the better the core OS is the more efficient the code is thus needing less. that's my theory.

  3. #443
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    175
    The 3G icon is gone?!
    Really lame, I was partial to it.
    Someone needs to make a video on this new o.s. and post it up on here!



  4. #444
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PHX , AZ
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0.0.323
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by smoke1991 View Post
    id assume the better the core OS is the more efficient the code is thus needing less. that's my theory.
    unfortunatly not the case. the theme is made up of hundreds of pictures files and code describing the the OS how to arrange and display those pictures. So to in order to shrink the theme, in any noticable way, the picture files themselves must be smaller.... or less of them.

  5. #445
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Drukan View Post
    unfortunatly not the case. the theme is made up of hundreds of pictures files and code describing the the OS how to arrange and display those pictures. So to in order to shrink the theme, in any noticable way, the picture files themselves must be smaller.... or less of them.

    thats why its a theory :cool2:

    well you will figure it out im sure. different / more efficient compression of all the images? load up one of the older os's and check the quality of those pictures...




  6. #446
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PHX , AZ
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0.0.323
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by smoke1991 View Post
    thats why its a theory :cool2:

    well you will figure it out im sure. different / more efficient compression of all the images? load up one of the older os's and check the quality of those pictures...

    already on it... im loading 323 right now with BOTH default themes. the .191 (with blue bubble icons) and the .323 which has new "files", "media", "sms", and back to yellow notification icons.

    gonna see if there are any major differences!

  7. #447
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Since this build has issues with custom themes, I wonder if the issue would be fixed by swapping plazmic_mediaengine .cods from .230??? Anyone try this yet?
    what kind of issues?

  8. #448
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    3059a863
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Some hybrid
    Posts
    190
    Since these finding threads have turned mostly into spam these days, i figured id be the one to post a few initial findings. (sorry, forum was a little to broad)

    +
    Smoother and more fluid transitions
    Faster boot up time
    Faster browser
    Media icon is back
    Camera works better than ever
    more memory on initial bootup than with .230
    QL Reset device works
    new graphic for file transfer screen
    SMS Scroll down to the message bug fixed (YAY)


    -
    3g icon is gone
    charging icon broken again


    This one is up in the air as of now until further notice -
    No screen glitches like with .230 when in SMS or other areas. It wasnt to bothersome, but i really hope its gone. (this could have been because I was using a theme before, and using zen now.)



    thats all for now folks
    Last edited by trunk; 10-21-2009 at 10:11 PM.

Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •