connection problem with Facebook 1.7 on 287 hybrid
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: connection problem with Facebook 1.7 on 287 hybrid

  1. #1
    WiLLy2900 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    PIN
    310AD602
    Device
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    OS
    5.0.0.601
    Posts
    46
    Liked
    0 times

    connection problem with Facebook 1.7 on 287 hybrid

    Hello evereyone I'm at work using my blackberry for the internet to write this. Anyways this morning I woke up and my Facebook is giving me and error stating "could not connect because a data service is not available. If this contunes, please contact your service provider. ". I did a battery pull and still saying it. I also ininstalled Facebook then rebooted the phone and call *228 for a PRL. Then redownloaded the application and it is still giving me the error. Any help would be fantastic! pin:307FA2D4




  2. #2
    WiLLy2900 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    PIN
    310AD602
    Device
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    OS
    5.0.0.601
    Posts
    46
    Liked
    0 times
    Hmm thanks for anyone trying to help but seems to be working now!

  3. #3
    WiLLy2900 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    PIN
    310AD602
    Device
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    OS
    5.0.0.601
    Posts
    46
    Liked
    0 times
    So I was logged into FacebOok and when I opened up the app it told me my session has expired and now its giving me that error again. please help.

  4. #4
    sunkast Guest
    Have you tried a battery pull? Does your browser, and other apps that require the internet work okay?

  5. #5
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    I am on this hybrid and have not experienced this issue. I don't remember you saying you had registered with the network (options > advanced > host routing > bb key > register now). May also want to resend your service books although it shouldn't be necessary.

  6. #6
    WiLLy2900 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    PIN
    310AD602
    Device
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    OS
    5.0.0.601
    Posts
    46
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Have you tried a battery pull? Does your browser, and other apps that require the internet work okay?

    yes i have tried a battery pull first. and still gave the error. seems that it may be something with the verizon network, but yet idk cause my firends on verizon arent getting the problem

    EDIT

    and yes its very weird when i get the error everything that uses the web still works. when i posted this i was at work. using my blackberry to post it
    Last edited by WiLLy2900; 10-19-2009 at 11:03 PM.

  7. #7
    WiLLy2900 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    PIN
    310AD602
    Device
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    OS
    5.0.0.601
    Posts
    46
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    I am on this hybrid and have not experienced this issue. I don't remember you saying you had registered with the network (options > advanced > host routing > bb key > register now). May also want to resend your service books although it shouldn't be necessary.

    how do i resend service books?

  8. #8
    TemperamentalMan's Avatar
    TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    937
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WiLLy2900 View Post
    yes i have tried a battery pull first. and still gave the error. seems that it may be something with the verizon network, but yet idk cause my firends on verizon arent getting the problem

    EDIT

    and yes its very weird when i get the error everything that uses the web still works. when i posted this i was at work. using my blackberry to post it
    Another stupid question, have you checked the app's permissions?

  9. #9
    WiLLy2900 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    PIN
    310AD602
    Device
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    OS
    5.0.0.601
    Posts
    46
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    Another stupid question, have you checked the app's permissions?

    yes i did but ill tell you what there at.... Connections is cutsom
    Interactions is custom
    and user data is allow

  10. #10
    TemperamentalMan's Avatar
    TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    937
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WiLLy2900 View Post
    yes i did but ill tell you what there at.... Connections is cutsom
    Interactions is custom
    and user data is allow
    Change all to "Allow" and see if that makes a difference.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •