Page 28 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
Results 217 to 224 of 677

  1. #217
    saucy is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx
    Posts
    39
    I'm still kinda confused about the leaking of the memory. I thought the whole point in doing it with the .114H was to stop the leak. I installed .122 yesterday and had a huge leak (uptime 15hrs memory went from 50mb to mid 20s)...I know different phones behave differently but i know for me, the second way (installing .122 straight without replacing radio from .114) causes decrease in memory. Please shine some light on this.
    Last edited by saucy; 04-08-2009 at 04:44 PM.



  2. #218
    808Storming's Avatar
    808Storming is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hawaii
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyric 5.0.0.419 w/ 4
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by bmerdinian View Post
    Ok guys.

    There's 2 ways to do this
    .

    The First way is to use the Hybrid V3 files with the .122 files. This will show build 122 platform 144
    The Second way is the basic install of the .122 over ANY OS you already have installed. This will show build 122 platform 153


    From what I've notced...They both work fine, but If you do it the first way, you might have a memory leak.

    I will post noth ways, and you can choose which you want to have installed.
    BOTH WAY CAN BE DONE FROM ANY OS.
    Back up your device

    First way....with Hybrid v3

    1. Download the Hybrid V3 file from http://www.brettwyman.com/blackberry/hybrid/hybrid3.zip
    2. Extract files to desktop.
    3. Copy the CDMA FOLDER ONLY and paste it in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\ (the latest OS version on your PC) "yes to replace"
    4. Download the 122 rar file from MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    5. Copy the JAVA FOLDER ONLY and paste it in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\ (the latest OS version on your PC) "yes to replace"
    6. Delete the vendor file from C:/Program files/ Common Files/ Research in Motion/ Apploader " if its not there, even better"
    7. Run AppLoader from C:/Program files/ Common Files/ Research in Motion/ Apploader

    END


    Second way...without Hybrid

    1. Download the 122 rar file from MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    2. Extract files to desktop.
    3. Copy the JAVA AND CDMA FOLDER and paste it in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\ (the latest OS version on your PC) "yes to replace"
    4. Delete the vendor file from C:/Program files/ Common Files/ Research in Motion/ Apploader " if its not there, even better"
    5. Run AppLoader from C:/Program files/ Common Files/ Research in Motion/ Apploader

    END




    Enjoy !!!
    PM me or PIN me for any help
    I hope this is the right thread to respond to.

    Regarding the 2 ways to install .122, it makes sense that the first way could result in a memory leak, based on my experience with the 144 platform and .114 v3, where my app memory dropped steadily throughout the day whether I used the phone or not.

    I installed .122 platform 153 yesterday by pasting the .122 CDMA and JAVA folders into .113. App memory at startup after battery pull was 43.8, dropped to 36.1 after about 9 hours. App memory has been holding pretty steady between 31 - 33 for the last 5-6 hours. This is noticeably better than what I was getting with .114 v3 and platform 144.

  3. #219
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by gatewayad View Post
    you lost me, you took 122 over 76 straight both file folders and did not install the V3 cdma and its working better for you... right!!!
    Yea it is no spinnin clock without v3



  4. #220
    nikkig618's Avatar
    nikkig618 is offline Mrs. God
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PA
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    334
    So... I have v3 on my phone now. I would like to do version 2 way, because I do not want the memory leak. Do I wipe the phone first?

  5. #221
    bmerdinian is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .186 TELUS Official
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by 808Storming View Post
    I hope this is the right thread to respond to.

    Regarding the 2 ways to install .122, it makes sense that the first way could result in a memory leak, based on my experience with the 144 platform and .114 v3, where my app memory dropped steadily throughout the day whether I used the phone or not.

    I installed .122 platform 153 yesterday by pasting the .122 CDMA and JAVA folders into .113. App memory at startup after battery pull was 43.8, dropped to 36.1 after about 9 hours. App memory has been holding pretty steady between 31 - 33 for the last 5-6 hours. This is noticeably better than what I was getting with .114 v3 and platform 144.
    if that worked for u good ! keep everything dont try to change if it worked for you



  6. #222
    bmerdinian is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .186 TELUS Official
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkig618 View Post
    So... I have v3 on my phone now. I would like to do version 2 way, because I do not want the memory leak. Do I wipe the phone first?
    better to do a wipe but not obligatory. Since you have bakced up your 3rd party apps then go ahead and do a wipe BETTER! but if you havent then make sure you back it up

  7. #223
    bmerdinian is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .186 TELUS Official
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by saucy View Post
    I'm still kinda confused about the leaking of the memory. I thought the whole point in doing it with the .114H was to stop the leak. I installed .122 yesterday and had a huge leak (uptime 15hrs memory went from 50mb to mid 20s)...I know different phones behave differently but i know for me, the second way (installing .122 straight without replacing radio from .114) causes decrease in memory. Please shine some light on this.
    turn mem cleaning off

  8. #224
    bmerdinian is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .186 TELUS Official
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Yea it is no spinnin clock without v3
    spinning hourglass comes because of the theme you have and after everytime you change a theme you need a batt pull NOT QUICK pull BATT PULL.

    with the .122 if you are running lots of apps and internet your mem will leak alot. Try it and tell me

Page 28 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •