4.7.0.122 Findings Thread - Page 10
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 272

Thread: 4.7.0.122 Findings Thread

  1. #181
    Johnny-5's Avatar
    Johnny-5 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Constantly Changing so lost track!?!
    Posts
    400
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gatewayad View Post
    OK Findngs for Platform 4.0.0.153, App Version 4.7.0.122 (172)
    these are based on changes from 3.5 (IMO) but remember you most likly need to give it time to settle in
    Now i've only had it on for 15 minutes and did 1 battery pull after upload just to jump start it.
    Accelerometer slower and clock coming up more often on app opening
    typing just as fast and smooth
    full querty in portrait
    cut and paste works great
    Camera actually a little quicker
    video works fine
    On both the above it is fixed if you rename and same (no flickering)
    apps open and load just as fast as 3.5
    Phone working fine, keyboards all good.
    Memory still starting about the same on mine 41.5, Isee no difference.

    Ask me some questions, but in my opinion I wouldnt spend the time to upgrade if you are not having any issues with 3.5, .122 nothing bad just dont see anything thats better
    What do you mean flickering? Also does is there memory drop? See if it drops from what you state after an hour or so.




  2. #182
    gatewayad's Avatar
    gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Posts
    567
    Liked
    0 times
    a couple more things,
    Color banding not fixed,
    Crackutil shows 4.7.0.122
    This is .113v3.5.1

    This is .122

    The about page
    Last edited by Shane; 04-16-2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: fixed pics

  3. #183
    gatewayad's Avatar
    gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Posts
    567
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny-5 View Post
    What do you mean flickering? Also does is there memory drop? See if it drops from what you state after an hour or so.
    On 3.5, i and others were having an issue if you made a video then hit the rename folder next to the delete key to rename the video would start flickering in the background and rolling, didnt affect it at all, just very annoying, fix was to save video as is and rename it from the media folder, really no big deal, but not right.

    Ok have had 122 on 78 minutes after battery pull, memory was 41.5 right after battery pull, no remember i use alot of apps and did restrt and close most of them to get them back up and running.
    Memory now at 18.5 so a pretty quick drop.
    I am waiting to see if it goes back up and what to
    actually this is a bigger quicker drop that i had with 3.5
    Last edited by gatewayad; 04-16-2009 at 02:07 PM.

  4. #184
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    I downloaded and installed this about 10:30 this morning. Did 3...60 sec batt pulls. Started at @50MB...dropped about 7MB in an hour. Did Quickpull, went back to @50MB...and again dropped @7MB in an hour...BUT...then it seems to stabilize...an hour after that I actually went up 1.4MB. I'm now at 44.5 MB and holding steady.

    I'm not real sure what color-banding is...but I've looked all over and color looks good, and nothing jumps out as far as picture goes.

    Camera issue...emailing pic, and having keyboard stay on, (was discussed earlier in these threads when 3.5 initially was made public), isn't an issue on MY BB anymore...it was though.

    Not any noticable performance differences between this and 3.5, that I can tell.

  5. #185
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gatewayad View Post

    On 3.5, i and others were having an issue if you made a video then hit the rename folder next to the delete key to rename the video would start flickering in the background and rolling, didnt affect it at all, just very annoying, fix was to save video as is and rename it from the media folder, really no big deal, but not right.

    Ok have had 122 on 78 minutes after battery pull, memory was 41.5 right after battery pull, no remember i use alot of apps and did restrt and close most of them to get them back up and running.
    Memory now at 18.5 so a pretty quick drop.
    I am waiting to see if it goes back up and what to
    actually this is a bigger quicker drop that i had with 3.5
    Make sure you do a couple of battery pulls leaving the battery out for at least 60 seconds between pulls.

  6. #186
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oriofan8 View Post
    I downloaded and installed this about 10:30 this morning. Did 3...60 sec batt pulls. Started at @50MB...dropped about 7MB in an hour. Did Quickpull, went back to @50MB...and again dropped @7MB in an hour...BUT...then it seems to stabilize...an hour after that I actually went up 1.4MB. I'm now at 44.5 MB and holding steady.

    I'm not real sure what color-banding is...but I've looked all over and color looks good, and nothing jumps out as far as picture goes.

    Camera issue...emailing pic, and having keyboard stay on, (was discussed earlier in these threads when 3.5 initially was made public), isn't an issue on MY BB anymore...it was though.

    Not any noticable performance differences between this and 3.5, that I can tell.
    Thanks for sharing.

  7. #187
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    you are very welcome

  8. #188
    gatewayad's Avatar
    gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Posts
    567
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oriofan8 View Post
    I downloaded and installed this about 10:30 this morning. Did 3...60 sec batt pulls. Started at @50MB...dropped about 7MB in an hour. Did Quickpull, went back to @50MB...and again dropped @7MB in an hour...BUT...then it seems to stabilize...an hour after that I actually went up 1.4MB. I'm now at 44.5 MB and holding steady.

    I'm not real sure what color-banding is...but I've looked all over and color looks good, and nothing jumps out as far as picture goes.

    Camera issue...emailing pic, and having keyboard stay on, (was discussed earlier in these threads when 3.5 initially was made public), isn't an issue on MY BB anymore...it was though.

    Not any noticable performance differences between this and 3.5, that I can tell.
    for color banding look at the above pics i attached, see how you can see the rings on the second picture in the black, thats banding, the color graduation should flow smothly like in the first pic and not be choppy. It was never an issue on .76 but has been since.

  9. #189
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Now I understand...Thanks

  10. #190
    gatewayad's Avatar
    gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Posts
    567
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Make sure you do a couple of battery pulls leaving the battery out for at least 60 seconds between pulls.
    Will do thanks for the advice, i will see if that helps

    PS: Battery pull took 2 minutes exactly to reboot, i think thats a little quicker.

  11. #191
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    187 times
    Merged Johnny-5's with Shaneparks original thread for all findings in one place.

    Thank you.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  12. #192
    Johnny-5's Avatar
    Johnny-5 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Constantly Changing so lost track!?!
    Posts
    400
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    Merged Johnny-5's with Shaneparks original thread for all findings in one place.

    Thank you.
    Thanks!!

  13. #193
    gatewayad's Avatar
    gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Posts
    567
    Liked
    0 times
    3 battery pulls to help with memory and speed, worked pretty well, after 1 hour memory started at 43 now at 38 and holding for the last 1/2 hour there. Clock all but gone on opening and switching between most applications.
    Looks like keyboard in landscape is still smaller keys (pics attached
    Keyboard v3.5.1


    Keyboard 122

    Very pleased with it so far.

    Funny thing is I called Verizon this afternoon because I downloaded 4.7 DM 2 days ago but havent opened it or done a backup, noticed there were 6 options on the home page (on DM 4.6 this meant you installed wrong and had it set for BES), they said no six is right on 4.7 giving you an extra option for you're e-mail) anyway asked him what he thought about Bell having .122 upgrade.... First off he thought Verizon had an exclusive on the Storm, I actually almost started laughing and started listing the other carriers that had the Storm, but said he heard VZW was going to release .113 shortly, also said "they dont tell me anything I actually read about it in PC mag online"
    Now that i believe
    Last edited by Shane; 04-16-2009 at 03:53 PM. Reason: fixed pics

  14. #194
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    ...and an hour later, memory has dropped to 33 MB ! Hmmmm not so stable now...me thinks.:Eyecrazy: I had some memory issues with 3.5, deleted BerryWeather, replaced with BBweather, and 3.5 was very stable. The .122 file adds to .113 were very stable also. I'm surprised that this is giving me different results. Well...guess we'll see how long this memory dump lasts...

    Quote Originally Posted by oriofan8 View Post
    I downloaded and installed this about 10:30 this morning. Did 3...60 sec batt pulls. Started at @50MB...dropped about 7MB in an hour. Did Quickpull, went back to @50MB...and again dropped @7MB in an hour...BUT...then it seems to stabilize...an hour after that I actually went up 1.4MB. I'm now at 44.5 MB and holding steady.

    I'm not real sure what color-banding is...but I've looked all over and color looks good, and nothing jumps out as far as picture goes.

    Camera issue...emailing pic, and having keyboard stay on, (was discussed earlier in these threads when 3.5 initially was made public), isn't an issue on MY BB anymore...it was though.

    Not any noticable performance differences between this and 3.5, that I can tell.

  15. #195
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oriofan8 View Post
    ...and an hour later, memory has dropped to 33 MB ! Hmmmm not so stable now...me thinks.:Eyecrazy: I had some memory issues with 3.5, deleted BerryWeather, replaced with BBweather, and 3.5 was very stable. The .122 file adds to .113 were very stable also. I'm surprised that this is giving me different results. Well...guess we'll see how long this memory dump lasts...
    Give it 24-48 hours. These OS's require some time to stabilize. So don't dump it yet

  16. #196
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Oh...okay, I wasn't aware of that. My experiance has always been that the OS starts out really good, and then a day or two later, the memory dump starts !!

  17. #197
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oriofan8 View Post
    Oh...okay, I wasn't aware of that. My experiance has always been that the OS starts out really good, and then a day or two later, the memory dump starts !!
    No, typically the memory dumps begin pretty quick than stabilize over time. See what you think tomorrow of it. Let us know

  18. #198
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    No, typically the memory dumps begin pretty quick than stabilize over time. See what you think tomorrow of it. Let us know
    OK...I will. Thanks

  19. #199
    battscrew is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    storm
    OS
    hybrid .114
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the copy paste in CDMA/JAVA from the Bell mini leak earlier installed- can I just update with this new exe version? Or do I need to downgrade to something then upgrade from there?

  20. #200
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by battscrew View Post
    I had the copy paste in CDMA/JAVA from the Bell mini leak earlier installed- can I just update with this new exe version? Or do I need to downgrade to something then upgrade from there?
    Yes but first uninstall that from your PC. then download the full version remove the vendor file and install.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •