Input errors with full .230
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Input errors with full .230

  1. #1
    soupmeister's Avatar
    soupmeister is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlantic Canada
    PIN
    Caution
    Device
    9530 on BELL Canada
    OS
    leaked .591 & Lyricidal's .758 V2 Hybrid
    Posts
    323
    Liked
    0 times

    Question Input errors with full .230

    Anyone expeience trouble with the keyboard whne entering phone numbers in contacts? For instance when editing or entering a phone number when I push 8 it enters an e and an X for #2.:duh:


    "Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really understand the situation!" - Ed Morrow


  2. #2
    TheBroken's Avatar
    TheBroken is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow TheBroken On Twitter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Home of the Bears and Cubs
    Device
    9550
    Posts
    110
    Liked
    0 times
    in landscape goto options>Language and Text Input. change input style from auto correction to Word Completion. Thing is I HATE the word completion text bar that comes up during an sms so I would rather deal with the number/letter issue vs that "helpful" word completion banner

  3. #3
    soupmeister's Avatar
    soupmeister is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlantic Canada
    PIN
    Caution
    Device
    9530 on BELL Canada
    OS
    leaked .591 & Lyricidal's .758 V2 Hybrid
    Posts
    323
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBroken View Post
    in landscape goto options>Language and Text Input. change input style from auto correction to Word Completion. Thing is I HATE the word completion text bar that comes up during an sms so I would rather deal with the number/letter issue vs that "helpful" word completion banner
    Thanks for the tip. That worked but I'm with you as far as the "Word completion". It sucks.:irked:
    "Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really understand the situation!" - Ed Morrow

  4. #4
    petewell's Avatar
    petewell is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Quebec
    PIN
    24BF40D5
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.85
    Posts
    85
    Liked
    1 times
    I had the same problem, yes changing to word complition solved the problem but I hate even more the word completion issue. So I came back to the number problem in landscape mode. When I want to modifie or add numbers in a contact, I just flip my Storm to portrait mode to enter my numbers. Thanks anyway for the info. I hope this issue will be solved in the next leak or hybrid

  5. #5
    soupmeister's Avatar
    soupmeister is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlantic Canada
    PIN
    Caution
    Device
    9530 on BELL Canada
    OS
    leaked .591 & Lyricidal's .758 V2 Hybrid
    Posts
    323
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by petewell View Post
    I had the same problem, yes changing to word complition solved the problem but I hate even more the word completion issue. So I came back to the number problem in landscape mode. When I want to modifie or add numbers in a contact, I just flip my Storm to portrait mode to enter my numbers. Thanks anyway for the info. I hope this issue will be solved in the next leak or hybrid
    I have the problem in landscape or portrait mode. Maybe BBC's V10 will fix the probelm:bigeyes:
    Last edited by soupmeister; 10-12-2009 at 12:33 PM.
    "Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really understand the situation!" - Ed Morrow

  6. #6
    maddog241's Avatar
    maddog241 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Device
    VZW BB Bold 9650
    OS
    Official 6.0.0.431
    Posts
    145
    Liked
    2 times
    I discovered this same issue today. The problem exists in both portrait and landscape for me.

    The workaround I found : If I need to enter a new contact, I enter the phone number first from the phone screen dialpad and then select "add to contacts" from the menu that comes up with the BB key. I can then add the name or whatever else from there. THis avoids having to use the crappy word completion...
    Let's Go Pens !!!!!!
    No matter how hard you push the envelope...It will always be stationery

  7. #7
    rsmiff's Avatar
    rsmiff is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow rsmiff On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Wash DC
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.140
    Posts
    79
    Liked
    0 times
    you can also change the keyboard to minimal keyboard, enter the number, then change it back

  8. #8
    TheBroken's Avatar
    TheBroken is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow TheBroken On Twitter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Home of the Bears and Cubs
    Device
    9550
    Posts
    110
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maddog241 View Post
    I discovered this same issue today. The problem exists in both portrait and landscape for me.

    The workaround I found : If I need to enter a new contact, I enter the phone number first from the phone screen dialpad and then select "add to contacts" from the menu that comes up with the BB key. I can then add the name or whatever else from there. THis avoids having to use the crappy word completion...
    works fine unless you wanna add a number to an existing contact

  9. #9
    TheBroken's Avatar
    TheBroken is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow TheBroken On Twitter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Home of the Bears and Cubs
    Device
    9550
    Posts
    110
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by soupmeister View Post
    I have the problem in landscape or portrait mode. Maybe BBC's V10 will fix the probelm:bigeyes:

    hmm that had been my workaround. it only happens to me in landscape. whenever i need to add a number I switch to portrait enter the number then back to landscape then I'm done

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •