Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 12

  1. #1
    jb305 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    newcastle upon tyne
    PIN
    20d2801d
    Device
    storm9500
    OS
    122
    Posts
    29

    Smile should i change from OS 4.7.151 TO 5.0

    I have been happy on 151 for a long time but i want to know if i change to os 5.0 do themes now work as i know befor face book they did not does face book work and s scope work and which 5 os should i down load
    thanks for your help as always



  2. #2
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by jb305 View Post
    I have been happy on 151 for a long time but i want to know if i change to os 5.0 do themes now work as i know befor face book they did not does face book work and s scope work and which 5 os should i down load
    thanks for your help as always
    I guess the best advice I can give you is to check out the findings and fixes thread for the particular OS you are looking to upgrade to. That has always helped me out the most when deciding whether or not to take the plunge
    Last edited by TommyGrubz; 10-06-2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Didn't realize this was in the 9500 thread

  3. #3
    guanuck's Avatar
    guanuck is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    GUIN
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    385
    you should def upgrade. 5.0 are wicked OSs



  4. #4
    ColinAlbright's Avatar
    ColinAlbright is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    U.K.
    Device
    Storm 9500
    OS
    5.0.0.425
    Posts
    45
    IMHO, there are too many problems with 5.0 at the mo..., 4.7.0.181 is the one for the moment...

    Its fine if you have time to keep checking your phone is still working and hasn't locked up, or even unexpectedly rebooted itself..., but if you are using it as a business tool, and there is an expectancy on it to work 24/7, stick with 4.7.0.181 for the mo..

    Like everyone out there, I really want to get my hands on a stable 5.0 but it's not out there at the mo unless you have time on your hands to be a beta tester for RIM...

    It seems that 5.0.0.230 (or higher) will drop soon, so keep your eyes open...
    Last edited by ColinAlbright; 10-09-2009 at 05:28 AM.

  5. #5
    654321ROD's Avatar
    654321ROD is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    PIN
    4U2C
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.246
    Posts
    171

    Os 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by ColinAlbright View Post
    IMHO, there are too many problems with 5.0 at the mo..., 4.7.0.181 is the one for the moment...

    Its fine if you have time to keep checking your phone is still working and hasn't locked up, or even unexpectedly rebooted itself..., but if you are using it as a business tool, and there is an expectancy on it to work 24/7, stick with 4.7.0.181 for the mo..

    Like everyone out there, I really want to get my hands on a stable 5.0 but it's not out there at the mo unless you have time on your hands to be a beta tester for RIM...

    It seems that 5.0.0.230 (or higher) will drop soon, so keep your eyes open...
    Could`nt agree more. Os 5 and all the associated hybrids are not up to it. Real tool of trade and not a toy.



  6. #6
    RobinM's Avatar
    RobinM is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow RobinM On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9520
    OS
    5.0.0.973
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by 654321ROD View Post
    Could`nt agree more. Os 5 and all the associated hybrids are not up to it. Real tool of trade and not a toy.
    Nonsense, I have been running 5.0.0.238/216 for about 2 weeks at least and it has NEVER crashed, I have never had to reboot, memory stays in the 40's, the signal is the best out of ALL the releases 4.7 & 5.0, my battery last for ages and doesn't overheat.... need I say more.

    I had it playing music the other day through the loudspeaker for 4 hours, took 45 mins of calls and sent some e-mails and SMS. Afterwards the battery haden't even dropped 15%.

    5.0

  7. #7
    ColinAlbright's Avatar
    ColinAlbright is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    U.K.
    Device
    Storm 9500
    OS
    5.0.0.425
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinM View Post
    Nonsense, I have been running 5.0.0.238/216 for about 2 weeks at least and it has NEVER crashed, I have never had to reboot, memory stays in the 40's, the signal is the best out of ALL the releases 4.7 & 5.0, my battery last for ages and doesn't overheat.... need I say more.

    I had it playing music the other day through the loudspeaker for 4 hours, took 45 mins of calls and sent some e-mails and SMS. Afterwards the battery haden't even dropped 15%.

    5.0
    I think what I'm trying to say here is based on "official" releases of the software, not the hybrids..

    The "official" 5.0.0.216 is up and down like a new brides nightie....
    Last edited by ColinAlbright; 10-12-2009 at 02:53 AM.

  8. #8
    MaxdMerc's Avatar
    MaxdMerc is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow MaxdMerc On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    PIN
    30fa908b
    Device
    Storm 2 9520
    OS
    5.0.0.306
    Posts
    27
    YES!

    Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •