Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 73 to 80 of 176

  1. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny-5 View Post
    So what do you all think? Worth the jump? Any improvements over the .230 to make the jump? I was going to but got to head to bed. Got to get up early so maybe tomorrow at work I can do the install but till than I wouldnt mind getting some feed back from the ones who have already took the dive into it!
    I am running it and would say it's so close to .230 pure, that it's almost difficult to notice differences. Also, remember that a lot of bb function is controlled by sfi, so just mixing java won't help much...I "think" I may have noticed a little more snappiness...but again .230 is awesome by itself too. mfg: :crazy: :cool2:



  2. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Posts
    463
    Wirelessly posted

    Could someone post a list of the things we
    Should`nt shrink out of the OS?

  3. #75
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a dirty dust bowl in the SW
    PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P
    Posts
    176

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    I read your post and am lost as to why you are having the issue. You have done everything right. My browser works fine. Have you tried loading the hybrid without shrinking? Also is there a browser alx in the OS folder?
    Yep.
    Loaded without shrinking, and the browser alx is there in the OS folder.
    Just junked and re-D/L'd OS .230 and Xtasy's .238 hybrid. Finished doing a complete wipe via BBSAK. Installed OS .238 via BBSAK/AppLoader. Did a Storm security wipe... still having the browser issue!!! :17:

    I give. I do believe I'm just going to go back to BBC's 8v5. At least the browser worked (can't say much for the MMS though ).



  4. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by cmorty72 View Post
    Yep.
    Loaded without shrinking, and the browser alx is there in the OS folder.
    Just junked and re-D/L'd OS .230 and Xtasy's .238 hybrid. Finished doing a complete wipe via BBSAK. Installed OS .238 via BBSAK/AppLoader. Did a Storm security wipe... still having the browser issue!!! :17:

    I give. I do believe I'm just going to go back to BBC's 8v5. At least the browser worked (can't say much for the MMS though ).
    Most people are reporting absolutely no issues with Lyricidal's 238 hybrid.
    Give it a try.
    I also shrank it down to the bare minimum with Shrink A OS before installing without any problems at all

  5. #77
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PIN
    3050XXXX
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Running OS 5.0.0.3XX
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by gordtm View Post
    Most people are reporting absolutely no issues with Lyricidal's 238 hybrid.
    Give it a try.
    I also shrank it down to the bare minimum with Shrink A OS before installing without any problems at all
    Could I have the link???



  6. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by bb9530 View Post
    Could I have the link???
    It is currently only available for VIP members at bbhybrids.net
    You can read the posts there about the findings in the meantime until it gets released to everyone or join up and download it now.

  7. #79
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PIN
    3050XXXX
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Running OS 5.0.0.3XX
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by gordtm View Post
    It is currently only available for VIP members at bbhybrids.net
    You can read the posts there about the findings in the meantime until it gets released to everyone or join up and download it now.
    That's a hybrid??? how difference from .230???

  8. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by bb9530 View Post
    That's a hybrid??? how difference from .230???
    I had no issues with 230 except for the weather app not updating properly. 238 runs just as well, but the memory is slightly more stable (only lose at the most 1 mg in 24 hour period), runs a little snappier.
    Otherwise, if you're happy with 230, stay with it

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •