9530 5.0.0.230 OS Hybrid Updated #2
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: 9530 5.0.0.230 OS Hybrid Updated #2

  1. #1
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times

    9530 5.0.0.230 OS Hybrid Updated #2

    This is a continuation of the Original Thread 9530 5.0.0.230 OS Hybrid Updated.

    9530 5.0.0.230 OS Hybrid Updated

    This should allow for members to find information easier.




  2. #2
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times

  3. #3
    wolvrne1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    where it is warm...
    PIN
    TO Beans & Rice
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    its a hybrid.. fuel efficient
    Posts
    227
    Liked
    1 times
    reloaded my OS and everything seems to be ok now... I was searching the previous thread for a solution to the Pandora problem and couldn't find anything. Is it possible to just change the radio file to correct the problem or is there something else that is involved? Thanks for everyone's assist.

  4. #4
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wolvrne1 View Post
    reloaded my OS and everything seems to be ok now... I was searching the previous thread for a solution to the Pandora problem and couldn't find anything. Is it possible to just change the radio file to correct the problem or is there something else that is involved? Thanks for everyone's assist.
    .. I cant say that it would help much.. i use slacker and dont have any issues

  5. #5
    wolvrne1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    where it is warm...
    PIN
    TO Beans & Rice
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    its a hybrid.. fuel efficient
    Posts
    227
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    .. I cant say that it would help much.. i use slacker and dont have any issues
    may have to switch even though I would prefer not to... I did search the various threads and have been unable to find a workable solution... thanks for your help! ROCKS! :hail:

  6. #6
    wolvrne1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    where it is warm...
    PIN
    TO Beans & Rice
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    its a hybrid.. fuel efficient
    Posts
    227
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok new challenge I have run into with this hybrid, it appears that my browser will not 'browse'.. I resent my HRT, service books & performed a *22899 after I d/l, when I navigate to a webpage all I get is a blank screen. I checked all my internet settings and they appear to be correct. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Last edited by wolvrne1; 09-29-2009 at 05:29 PM.

  7. #7
    Prince Jah's Avatar
    Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beantown MA
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Posts
    579
    Liked
    0 times
    If you shrunk, that'll happen..I experienced the same thing..I wiped and reloaded w/out shrinking and Voila..Happy blazed speed browsing..Its along procedure but IT WILL WORK(not yelling btw)

  8. #8
    forumguy is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times
    I am experiencing random reboots - any ideas on why this is happening, here are the details of my install:
    * Backed up my BB using DM 5.0.1
    * Downloaded and installed 9530_AMEA_5.0.0.230, then removed the vendor.xml file
    * Wiped my BB 9530 using BBSAK
    * Loaded the OS with the loader application
    * Selected Docs to go, BBM, Maps


    Now I cannot keep my BB up for longer than 5 minutes.
    Last edited by forumguy; 10-03-2009 at 10:13 AM.

  9. #9
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by forumguy View Post
    I am experiencing random reboots - any ideas on why this is happening, here are the details of my install:
    * Backed up my BB using DM 5.0.1
    * Downloaded and installed 9530_AMEA_5.0.0.230, then removed the vendor.xml file
    * Wiped my BB 9530 using BBSAK
    * Loaded the OS with the loader application
    * Selected Docs to go, BBM, Maps


    Now I cannot keep my BB up for longer than 5 minutes.
    Did you restore you info from that back up?

  10. #10
    forumguy is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times
    No, I only changed the keyboard and browser setting while trying to run the vanilla OS first.

    One more thing: could Windows 7 be the culprit?
    Last edited by forumguy; 10-03-2009 at 10:34 AM.

  11. #11
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by forumguy View Post
    No, I only changed the keyboard and browser setting while trying to run the vanilla OS first.

    One more thing: could Windows 7 be the culprit?
    vanilla os?

  12. #12
    forumguy is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    vanilla os?
    I didn't install any third party apps.

  13. #13
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by forumguy View Post
    I didn't install any third party apps.
    what about your contacts and such?

  14. #14
    forumguy is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    what about your contacts and such?
    No contacts: email or BBM, no bookmarks...didn't restore any of the databases.

  15. #15
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by forumguy View Post
    No contacts: email or BBM, no bookmarks...didn't restore any of the databases.
    hmm.. I would wipe and reload the os.. Make sure you are putting in everything need to run.. you didnt use shrink a os did you?

  16. #16
    forumguy is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    hmm.. I would wipe and reload the os.. Make sure you are putting in everything need to run.. you didnt use shrink a os did you?
    Read the warning about shrinking - so I skipped that step.
    I am restarting: uninstalling the BB device OS from my machine, wiping BB...and will post results when finished.

    jnepsa -- were would I find the BB device OS build you used?

  17. #17
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by forumguy View Post
    Read the warning about shrinking - so I skipped that step.
    I am restarting: uninstalling the BB device OS from my machine, wiping BB...and will post results when finished.

    jnepsa -- were would I find the BB device OS build you used?
    that link has long been burnt up.. lol any of these should be the same.. if not it will be late tonite before I even get to think about uploading what I have

  18. #18
    forumguy is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    that link has long been burnt up.. lol any of these should be the same.. if not it will be late tonite before I even get to think about uploading what I have
    No Worries - reloading now; hope this works.

  19. #19
    forumguy is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times
    I uninstalled the BB Device OS, wiped my BB and reloaded the OS and the results are the same.

    I believe I have a dud - this BB refuses to stay on longer than 5 minutes before restarting.
    If anyone has any additional insights that would help, please provide them.

    In the meantime, I am returning to my 4.7 hybrid.

    Thanks for your assistance.

  20. #20
    ail32 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.323
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks everyone... great post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •