9530 FULL installer 5.0.0.230 differences and findings. - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 203

Thread: 9530 FULL installer 5.0.0.230 differences and findings.

  1. #61
    Joe
    Joe is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boston MA
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    45
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't see anything different beside the city ID
    I went back to 148 this afternoon because I was have problems with strange sounds when answering the phone on the 230 "hybrid".
    I am hoping the full 230 will work better with my phone.




  2. #62
    porkrind's Avatar
    porkrind is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    LA-Lower Alabama
    Device
    Droid Incredible
    Posts
    314
    Liked
    0 times
    I'll be taking the plunge shortly...will try to report findings.
    From my experience, the problem is usually what you think isn't the problem...NEOLANTIS

  3. #63
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    I have not noticed any differences thus far, but will report back later with any findings.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  4. #64
    trunk is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    3059a863
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Some hybrid
    Posts
    190
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Jah
    Tell me you're kidding...What is the point of leaking an OS that has no difference(s)? I guess we win some and we lose some...take in the good as well as the bad huh? Thanks anyways for the honesty!
    Were you really expecting it to be better? Its the same radio and a couple different modules and that's it. BBC put those 191 files in there for reason

  5. #65
    trunk is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    3059a863
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Some hybrid
    Posts
    190
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Jah
    Tell me you're kidding...What is the point of leaking an OS that has no difference(s)? I guess we win some and we lose some...take in the good as well as the bad huh? Thanks anyways for the honesty!
    Were you really expecting it to be better? Its the same radio and a couple different modules and that's it. BBC put those 191 files in there for a reason I'm sure.

    As the saying goes you can polish a turd but its still a piece of crap.

    But as for me I am happy with the hybrid version of 230 everything I need works except for stormlevel but that's not a must have. I think ill wait for an updated radio file since that's what will most likely give more compatibility with apps I would think

  6. #66
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    In the process of loading now....shrunk down 36.50. We shall see.

  7. #67
    porkrind's Avatar
    porkrind is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    LA-Lower Alabama
    Device
    Droid Incredible
    Posts
    314
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by porkrind View Post
    I'll be taking the plunge shortly...will try to report findings.
    Yeah scratch that...something just came up. It'll be tomorrow.
    From my experience, the problem is usually what you think isn't the problem...NEOLANTIS

  8. #68
    naillady_1's Avatar
    naillady_1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    BBC-V10
    Posts
    167
    Liked
    0 times
    I loaded this new "Full" os. I'm not really noticing anthing all that different. One thing I noticed is when you send an email in landscape mode there is a little envalope in the upper right hand corner that you can click to send the email. I don't remember that being there before. Also City ID is new, and free for 15 days, after that it's $1.99 a month. Not all that important to me, but some may like it. I'll see how this runs and report back in a couple of days.

    I also "Shrunk" down to 38MB before installing. I had no issues with "Shrink". I had shrunk BBC's version as well.
    My Favorite Apps.
    AP Mobile News, AppWorld, bbOSalert, BerryBuzz, Poynt, Google Maps, NFL2009, Facebook, PatternLock, QuickLaunch, SimpleWeather, Storm Yahtzee,Yahoo, BBM & VondafoneUpdate


    My Favorite Blackberry Site....

  9. #69
    trunk is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    3059a863
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Some hybrid
    Posts
    190
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by cj100570
    Quote Originally Posted by E-man View Post
    So there is no benefit of installing this over the hybrid?
    The benefit would be not having a cobbled together OS instead of the real thing.
    As far as being "cobbled together" most of the time good hybrids perform much better than the "real thing" so I don't see how this is a benefit. I'm with everyone else I don't think there will be any benefit in installing this

  10. #70
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by naillady_1 View Post
    I loaded this new "Full" os. I'm not really noticing anthing all that different. One thing I noticed is when you send an email in landscape mode there is a little envalope in the upper right hand corner that you can click to send the email. I don't remember that being there before. Also City ID is new, and free for 15 days, after that it's $1.99 a month. Not all that important to me, but some may like it. I'll see how this runs and report back in a couple of days.

    I also "Shrunk" down to 38MB before installing. I had no issues with "Shrink". I had shrunk BBC's version as well.
    Yes, that is in the original 230 hybrid leak
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  11. #71
    Fletchdude's Avatar
    Fletchdude is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Fletchdude On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Franklin, Indiana
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    .320
    Posts
    158
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Jah
    What else have you find Joe..Am curious to know a lot more than stated here...if I really should load this "full" OS..too much work with setting up phone after loading a new OS...
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this pretty much the same leak except for the rim installer?? You either have the hybrid from or the one that has 9630 files in it..
    If you don't have a Blackberry than your Last!!!

  12. #72
    naillady_1's Avatar
    naillady_1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    BBC-V10
    Posts
    167
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Yes, that is in the original 230 hybrid leak
    LOL I guess I just never paid attention to that!!!
    My Favorite Apps.
    AP Mobile News, AppWorld, bbOSalert, BerryBuzz, Poynt, Google Maps, NFL2009, Facebook, PatternLock, QuickLaunch, SimpleWeather, Storm Yahtzee,Yahoo, BBM & VondafoneUpdate


    My Favorite Blackberry Site....

  13. #73
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by naillady_1 View Post
    LOL I guess I just never paid attention to that!!!
    No Prob. Funny thing is, even with that button I still find myself hitting the BB button twice to send. Old habits die hard.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  14. #74
    Prince Jah's Avatar
    Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beantown MA
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Posts
    579
    Liked
    0 times
    One's a hybrid..the other is a full OS...Not much of a difference from what I've read so far!

  15. #75
    naillady_1's Avatar
    naillady_1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    BBC-V10
    Posts
    167
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    No Prob. Funny thing is, even with that button I still find myself hitting the BB button twice to send. Old habits die hard.
    Yeah I'm thinking that's why I never noticed it!!!
    My Favorite Apps.
    AP Mobile News, AppWorld, bbOSalert, BerryBuzz, Poynt, Google Maps, NFL2009, Facebook, PatternLock, QuickLaunch, SimpleWeather, Storm Yahtzee,Yahoo, BBM & VondafoneUpdate


    My Favorite Blackberry Site....

  16. #76
    BRKDR08's Avatar
    BRKDR08 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    SUNNY FL
    PIN
    ASK ME!
    Device
    9530/9550
    OS
    5.0.0.328/5.0.0.428
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    0 times
    does it fix the high scratchy volume for mp3 ringtones?

  17. #77
    cj100570's Avatar
    cj100570 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cj100570 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Planet Earth
    PIN
    306051B3
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .328
    Posts
    132
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Jah View Post
    Can you check if Voice Dialing works when you get a chance..No one has reported findings for that...TY
    it's working for me on this full OS whereas it didn't on the "hybrid"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Semper Paratus"

  18. #78
    XenonWJ23's Avatar
    XenonWJ23 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    PIN
    30901D58
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    I was scared of bricking my phone while downloading the hybrid so I just downloaded the Hybrid one night day ago and then the Official leak comes out, LOL. Well dont know of any changes cause I didnt use hybrid for long. But .230 is awsome. It actually makes my phone run way faster. One Question is since Im a newbie how does shrink an OS work and what does it do for phone.

  19. #79
    gordtm's Avatar
    gordtm is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    901
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by XenonWJ23 View Post
    I was scared of bricking my phone while downloading the hybrid so I just downloaded the Hybrid one night day ago and then the Official leak comes out, LOL. Well dont know of any changes cause I didnt use hybrid for long. But .230 is awsome. It actually makes my phone run way faster. One Question is since Im a newbie how does shrink an OS work and what does it do for phone.
    I shrank mine with absolutely no problems.

  20. #80
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gordtm View Post
    I shrank mine with absolutely no problems.
    I unfortunately was unable to shrink mine. I still came out with 42MB of memory which I can be pleased with.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •