Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 33 to 40 of 64

  1. #33
    soupmeister's Avatar
    soupmeister is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlantic Canada
    PIN
    Caution
    Device
    9530 on BELL Canada
    OS
    leaked .591 & Lyricidal's .758 V2 Hybrid
    Posts
    323
    Can someone tell me what the big deal is about increased memory if your not maxed out to begin with? What difference is it going to make if you have 45mbs or 35mbs? As long as you stay above 12-15mbs what's the problem? Why is everyone getting bent out of shape over a little memory loss???
    Last edited by soupmeister; 04-05-2009 at 06:48 PM.



  2. #34
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by soupmeister View Post
    Can someone tell me what the big deal is about increased memory if your not maxed out to begin with? What difference is it going to make if you have 45mbs or 35mbs? As long as you stay above 12-15mbs what's the problem?
    It's really more of an infatuation since everybody is always fixated on that. It is talked about it so much it has become the holy grail. the bottom line is that it doesn't matter at all. As long as your phone performs well it's irrelevant whether you have 50mb or 20mb of available memory. Once you get below 5mb you will see a performance drop off but besides that it's something people should stop fixating on.

  3. #35
    Sooner33's Avatar
    Sooner33 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    California
    PIN
    Ask and I Might Tell
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    .131 + 5.0 Hybrid
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    What would you like to see improved or fixed or added in the hybrid v3.5. Post them in here.
    i dont think you can but memory drain is huge ...



  4. #36
    T-Rob's Avatar
    T-Rob is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    PIN
    LOL...yeah, right!
    Device
    BB Storm 9550 - Verizon
    OS
    v5.0.0.607
    Posts
    246
    Yeah, I would have to say that the memory drain is my biggest problem. The OS is very stable, but I find myself at least one SoftReset a day if not two. The only thing I really have running is BerryWeather...and that might be the problem. Everything else is great for me...just the memory drain. I start the day off with about 40 (7AM) and by 3 or 4PM it's down to about 20.

  5. #37
    Brian.Tufo's Avatar
    Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kittery, ME
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rob View Post
    Yeah, I would have to say that the memory drain is my biggest problem. The OS is very stable, but I find myself at least one SoftReset a day if not two. The only thing I really have running is BerryWeather...and that might be the problem. Everything else is great for me...just the memory drain. I start the day off with about 40 (7AM) and by 3 or 4PM it's down to about 20.
    thats odd. i start out at 54.5MB (slimmed down v3) and after 2 days of not being turned off or anything and using iheartradio/media player/bbm/phone a lot i still had 49MB of memory.



  6. #38
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    It's really more of an infatuation since everybody is always fixated on that. It is talked about it so much it has become the holy grail. the bottom line is that it doesn't matter at all. As long as your phone performs well it's irrelevant whether you have 50mb or 20mb of available memory. Once you get below 5mb you will see a performance drop off but besides that it's something people should stop fixating on.
    Exactly!!

    I wish more members would understand that.

    Someone made a huge deal in the beginning and it snow balled from there. lol

  7. #39
    T-Rob's Avatar
    T-Rob is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    PIN
    LOL...yeah, right!
    Device
    BB Storm 9550 - Verizon
    OS
    v5.0.0.607
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    Exactly!!

    I wish more members would understand that.

    Someone made a huge deal in the beginning and it snow balled from there. lol
    Okay...that's cool. Didn't know this. Then I will sit back, enjoy v3 and keep my mouth shut.

  8. #40
    jmiller98's Avatar
    jmiller98 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    PA
    Device
    9550/9530/9630/8330
    OS
    All running 5.0.0.XX
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    What would you like to see improved or fixed or added in the hybrid v3.5. Post them in here.
    New to BBOS. Wanted to thank crackman for his hybrids. The v3 works great, I dont know what else could be done.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •