Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 129 to 136 of 215

  1. #129
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pretoria, South Africa
    PIN
    20E74314
    Device
    9500
    OS
    4.7.0.173
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by wisnu235 View Post
    Have you try to send your service books?
    It's on your email settings - login - click on bb menu - service books - send service books
    Let's see if that works
    Sent service books, 2 clean installs and many battery pulls. None of it works.



  2. #130
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eternal Summer
    Device
    9520, 9700
    OS
    5.0.0.669, 5.0.0.656
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiralina View Post
    It seems Lyricidal has already made brand new hybrid with .230 and .216 files,that contains both installers,9500 and 9530.
    I did not try it yet,but later today I'll give it a spin.
    Heard about it! But still need some more specific info about the basic OS for this hybrid. As far as I understood for 9530 users it's .191. And for us 9500 users it would be .216?

  3. #131
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    20CB625D
    Device
    storm 9500
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Kandriahn View Post
    Heard about it! But still need some more specific info about the basic OS for this hybrid. As far as I understood for 9530 users it's .191. And for us 9500 users it would be .216?
    Yes.When you choose 9500 installer says must be installed over.216. I installed it on the PC, but have no time to load it on the BB since I'm at work. Somebody on BBHybrids reported it to work fine. I can't wait to get home and load it.



  4. #132
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Heaven
    Device
    Blackberry Storm
    OS
    Own Hybrid
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by waylonp View Post
    Sent service books, 2 clean installs and many battery pulls. None of it works.
    try this

    1. Downgrade to your previous OS 4.7

    2. Open c:\program files\common files\...\java and look for net_rim_bb_browser_daemon.cod

    3. Move the file to your desktop, DO NOT DELETE

    4. Run your loader to update your device.

    5. After your device restarted, there will be a javalang error.

    6. Backup your service books only with "advance backup".

    7. Move your previous net_rim_bb_browser_daemon.cod to your java folder.

    8. Update your device with loader.

    9. Upgrade your device to OS 5.0.0.216

    10. Do exactly same thing as in OS 4.7 with the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon.cod, move it, update, restart.

    11. Restore your service books backup.

    12. Move net_rim_bb_browser_daemon.cod to your java folder, then update your device.

    13. Do a battery pull, check your browser icon


    These steps work on BlackBerry Bold with the same problem in OS 5, I hope it'll works on your 9500. Good Luck

  5. #133
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pretoria, South Africa
    PIN
    20E74314
    Device
    9500
    OS
    4.7.0.173
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by wisnu235 View Post
    try this

    1. Downgrade to your previous OS 4.7

    2. Open c:\program files\common files\...\java and look for net_rim_bb_browser_daemon.cod

    3. Move the file to your desktop, DO NOT DELETE

    4. Run your loader to update your device.

    5. After your device restarted, there will be a javalang error.

    6. Backup your service books only with "advance backup".

    7. Move your previous net_rim_bb_browser_daemon.cod to your java folder.

    8. Update your device with loader.

    9. Upgrade your device to OS 5.0.0.216

    10. Do exactly same thing as in OS 4.7 with the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon.cod, move it, update, restart.

    11. Restore your service books backup.

    12. Move net_rim_bb_browser_daemon.cod to your java folder, then update your device.

    13. Do a battery pull, check your browser icon


    These steps work on BlackBerry Bold with the same problem in OS 5, I hope it'll works on your 9500. Good Luck
    Will definitely give this a try. Will let you know, thanks!



  6. #134
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    that would be scotland
    Device
    9500 voda uk
    OS
    5.0.0.238 ly/brid
    Posts
    100
    i had bbm5 on before i used this and backed up contacts to mem card but this version doesnt have the same back up restore option any ideas any 1 how to restore them.

    also the browser has a bug that the search paart only shows script but the address part at top is ok .
    fix = google as home page
    after 12 hours no reboots
    memory down 42mb to 30 but expected after a pull 0nly gained 5mb

    installed all working

    google maps
    bbmaps
    facebook
    ubertwitter
    bb appworld
    crackberry appstore= cant login but can still download apps
    sensobi
    googlesync
    zonasnap
    windowslive msgr
    bbmsgr
    youtube
    vodafindgo
    berryos launcher
    bbhybrid launcher
    thompsons reuters news
    vlingo plus
    storm slider 4.3.1

    not working meter berry 1.5.8

    overall very good build
    Last edited by ajthescot; 09-28-2009 at 05:29 AM.

  7. #135
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    sydney, australia
    Device
    9500
    OS
    5.0.0.484
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by alisneaky View Post
    FINDINGS:

    So far it's been THE BEST os i've ever installed....although my memory has been around the 23mb, i've got heaps of crap.....dont judge me...


    Apps and functions that work:

    facebook 1.6.0.22 Works
    Google Maps 3.0.2 Works, (Landscape and Portrait) i didnt change any security stuff
    threaded sms Fantastic
    Flick Scroll - Addictive (Sms emails, anywhere really it simply works)
    Browser - Snappy
    Time Mobile - (Time magazine App) works
    BetaMe (Thanx to the boys here for putting it in the previous hybrids) works
    DocsToGo 1.0008.005 (updated since previous OS's)
    Viigo 3.1.330 works
    QuickPull Works
    BBM4.7 works (waiting on 5 Leak still)


    Things That dont work Well:

    I've got WeatherBUG and it does not update the icon which makes it useless. it works fine when you go into the app...


    Functions:
    there's new options available for texting and using the keyboard which works like the iphone where it shows you the letters you're hovering on top of the keyboard so you know what you're pressing rather than hit and hope which is pretty useful if you're a newby....but i'm sure most storm users are pretty good at typing by now....when you type a word and the dictionary comes with choices it's horizontal now rather then vertical and it works with flick scroll as well...

    i havent tried any third party themes yet and i dont know how well they will work, but everytime i've used one the email notifications and sms always stuff up and stay on there....i dont know if i wanna use one yet...happy with the default...

    hope all this helps....im happy to test out apps for people if you'd like me too...just pm me here....with the link for the app....

    good work guys...
    really well done...

    Alisneaky
    BB Addict....not officially in here yet though...
    Australia..Vodafone
    you mentioned sometin about keyboard ghosting , how do i activate that option?

  8. #136
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    that would be scotland
    Device
    9500 voda uk
    OS
    5.0.0.238 ly/brid
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by ganjaweed View Post
    you mentioned sometin about keyboard ghosting , how do i activate that option?

    screen/keyboard options, popup keys turn on

    you may want to turn off predictive in language text input it uses alot of wrong words when typing which is anoying trying to fix
    Last edited by ajthescot; 09-28-2009 at 05:33 AM.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •