Please help with .114
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Please help with .114

  1. #1
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times

    Please help with .114

    I have downloaded and installed .114 and have the v3 hybrid ready but i cannot get .114 to install through dm or even for dm to find it ne suggestions




  2. #2
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    I have downloaded and installed .114 and have the v3 hybrid ready but i cannot get .114 to install through dm or even for dm to find it ne suggestions
    Do you have any other OS's installed on your PC?

  3. #3
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    no and the only way i can get DM to even find .114 is to leave it connected to the internet....can i install on my phone using the loader file in apploader?

  4. #4
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    no and the only way i can get DM to even find .114 is to leave it connected to the internet....can i install on my phone using the loader file in apploader?
    Yes, that is the preferred way. What OS is your PC running jnepsa? Also whats your phone carrier?

  5. #5
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    the pc i think is xp sp 2 maybe 3 and verizon.

    edit how do i check the pc?
    Last edited by jnepsa; 04-03-2009 at 02:38 PM.

  6. #6
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    then after i get .114 installed i go back and paste the hybrid files in and reinstall right?


    and do i close the Dm and is there by chance a step by step somewhere?
    Last edited by jnepsa; 04-03-2009 at 02:40 PM.

  7. #7
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    then after i get .114 installed i go back and paste the hybrid files in and reinstall right?
    You don't need to reinstall 114 on your phone just your computer. Then copy the hybrid files over 114 then use apploader to install. Make sure you to delete the vendor.xml file in the apploader file.

    If you need any other help just let us know.

  8. #8
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    i have .113 on my phone right now and want to upgrade to .114 so i have to load .114 on phone then the hybrid copy and paste and install again right?

  9. #9
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    i have .113 on my phone right now and want to upgrade to .114 so i have to load .114 on phone then the hybrid copy and paste and install again right?
    Don't worry about installing 114 on your phone. Just install 114 on your COMPUTER ONLY then copy and paste the v3 hybrid files in the appropriate location in 114 and install that to your phone. Make sense?

  10. #10
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    i did that once and installed through the apploader and it didnt take my phone still says im running .113

  11. #11
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    i did that once and installed through the apploader and it didnt take my phone still says im running .113
    This could be due to a number of reasons:

    1. That 113 is still installed on your PC. Go into control panel - add/remove programs and make sure that 113 is NOT installed on your PC. If it is remove it.

    2. You did not copy and paste the v3 hybrid files correctly. For example, when you copied the files over 113 did it ask you to overwrite all files?

    3. Before installing the hybrid make sure to remove the vendor.xml file

  12. #12
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    did all 3.....113 is gone...asked me to overwrite told it yes to all....and vendor is gone...i will retry to confirm but after i do the overwrite use apploader correct? I am pretty good with computers and this stuff but right now i feel like a dumb @$$

  13. #13
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    did all 3.....113 is gone...asked me to overwrite told it yes to all....and vendor is gone...i will retry to confirm but after i do the overwrite use apploader correct? I am pretty good with computers and this stuff but right now i feel like a dumb @$$
    No worries we'll get you through it.

    Everything looks good and yeah use apploader to now load v3 onto your phone.

  14. #14
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    ok this is crazy...everything was the same last time now it seems to be working lol this is nutty

  15. #15
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    ok this is crazy...everything was the same last time now it seems to be working lol this is nutty
    Sometimes this stuff can be a bit hair pulling. Glad to hear that it seems to be working. If you have any other questions let us know.

  16. #16
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    wow that is weird just like trying to reformat windows three fatal errors and a 5th of bacardi later you just buy a new one lol no its workin thank you guys so much. i tried so hard for help at CB but they are too worried about whose brothers best friend's aunt's dad's cousin's girlfriend slept with a rim guy and said the new update will be out in a week lol

  17. #17
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    wow that is weird just like trying to reformat windows three fatal errors and a 5th of bacardi later you just buy a new one lol no its workin thank you guys so much. i tried so hard for help at CB but they are too worried about whose brothers best friend's aunt's dad's cousin's girlfriend slept with a rim guy and said the new update will be out in a week lol
    Glad we could be of assistance. We think of ourselves as a more user friendly site without all the flaming.

  18. #18
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    wow that is weird just like trying to reformat windows three fatal errors and a 5th of bacardi later you just buy a new one lol no its workin thank you guys so much. i tried so hard for help at CB but they are too worried about whose brothers best friend's aunt's dad's cousin's girlfriend slept with a rim guy and said the new update will be out in a week lol
    lol... that's some funny siht.

    good to hear you got it.

  19. #19
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    lol... that's some funny siht.

    good to hear you got it.
    lol thank you....and thanks again you can close delete what ever you want this it was a huge help though thnx..

  20. #20
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    lol thank you....and thanks again you can close delete what ever you want this it was a huge help though thnx..
    We don't delete. People with your same problems will find this helpful. Glad we got you fixed up... enjoy.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •