Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 32

  1. #9
    soupmeister's Avatar
    soupmeister is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlantic Canada
    PIN
    Caution
    Device
    9530 on BELL Canada
    OS
    leaked .591 & Lyricidal's .758 V2 Hybrid
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    I lose about 20mb a day using stock theme and running no apps in the background. But I can live with it as long as the phone keeps on doing its thing.
    Wow. That's drastic. While I boot with 5 mb less that what I had with V8.5 I've only lost .5MB in 4 days with no reboots. There's something going on with your phone.



  2. #10
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Wirelessly posted (Storm 9530 )

    Quote Originally Posted by soupmeister
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    I lose about 20mb a day using stock theme and running no apps in the background. But I can live with it as long as the phone keeps on doing its thing.
    Wow. That's drastic. While I boot with 5 mb less that what I had with V8.5 I've only lost .5MB in 4 days with no reboots. There's something going on with your phone.
    I am siding with you soup. While I boot with less app memory, (approximately 36Mb), I don't drop below 33Mb. Add the fact that I have not experienced 1 random reboot. Stellar build.

  3. #11
    miami1683's Avatar
    miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    278
    I also only boot with 35 or so. Have all my apps running but I believe storm Slider doesn't function correctly on 5.0. I never got below 32 yesturday. My Storm ( I know they are all different) still runs very well. With the FB app being updated all I need is BBM 5.0 for this build and it's perfect. Even if my memory seems low to me. On V8 I was always in the mid 40's.



  4. #12
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    yes,there is a memory issue with .230 . i start at around 37mb and drop 15-20 mb within a day or so. i suspect that it is a problem with the combination of .230 and some 3rd party apps. while my 3rd party apps didn't leak with .140 they are not performing the same with .230 so it is a compatibility issue. they work fine but some(or one) are leaking with .230 . with the problems we have had between custom themes and 5.0 os,i suspect that might be a problem here.

    it is not a big enough issue for me to start deleting apps to find out which one is the culprit. i'll just wait for another leak,updated apps or storm2.
    Last edited by catstide; 09-23-2009 at 07:07 AM.

  5. #13
    cnn888 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    STORM2
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    yes,there is a memory issue with .230 . i start at around 37mb and drop 15-20 mb within a day or so. i suspect that it is a problem with the combination of .230 and some 3rd party apps. while my 3rd party apps didn't leak with .140 they are not performing the same with .230 so it is a compatibility issue. they work fine but some(or one) are leaking with .230 . with the problems we have had between custom themes and 5.0 os,i suspect that might be a problem here.

    it is not a big enough issue for me to start deleting apps to find out which one is the culprit. i'll just wait for another leak,updated apps or storm2.
    i don't think it is the culprit, but try getting rid of the weather application (berryweather) and the lock software (i don't see that you have it listed), but if you do, try getting rid of it too. see if it helps.



  6. #14
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by cnn888 View Post
    i don't think it is the culprit, but try getting rid of the weather application (berryweather) and the lock software (i don't see that you have it listed), but if you do, try getting rid of it too. see if it helps.
    thanks...but like i said,it's not that big of a deal for me...especially not big enough to dump berryweather. i'll just pull the battery every day or so.

  7. #15
    miami1683's Avatar
    miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    thanks...but like i said,it's not that big of a deal for me...especially not big enough to dump berryweather. i'll just pull the battery every day or so.
    I use the same system

  8. #16
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by cnn888 View Post
    i don't think it is the culprit, but try getting rid of the weather application (berryweather) and the lock software (i don't see that you have it listed), but if you do, try getting rid of it too. see if it helps.
    good point...after thinking about it,it very well could be the weather apps causing the problem.it could be the issue of the icon not updating on the home screen eating up memory.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •