Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 257 to 264 of 500

  1. #257
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    19
    Ok, need some help still... I did as suggested by uninstalling 5.0 from my PC, restarting, reinstalling, and then load to device... Still no camera. It says "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again".... I have no other apps running besides default things. The camera worked fine before attempting the 5.0 OS install. Now, I have even wiped and installed 4.7.0.167 and still have no camera. My device does show running 4.7.0.167 on platform 4.0.0.205... However, I still have some of the 5.0 attributes like being able to hit the time to get clock and the signal meter to manage connections...

    I have even tried the camera before and after restoring my back up file just to see if there was an error in there and have wiped using BSAK each time.

    Any ideas? Doesn't seem like it has fully gone back down to 4.7... At this point I dont care if I am on 4.7 or 5.0 (would prefer 5/230) but do need my camera to work.

    Please help!
    Last edited by polosport; 09-26-2009 at 04:37 PM.



  2. #258
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    7
    Is anyone having issues with mms .... on AT&T... every time I send a message with a picture it will not send ? goes from EDGE to edge, when I was on 151 with bbc v8.5, I did not have this issue. Thanks.... running 230

  3. #259
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    India
    Device
    9860
    OS
    7.0.205
    Carrier
    Vodafone
    Posts
    90
    I found that following apps have an issue with 230
    1. Empower SMS - The keyboard is always visible. ALso the background pattern is no longer available. Thus it is a pain to type SMS or view SMS. ANy fix will be great.

    2. Storm SLider - No longer works with 230. The slider freezes frequently. U need to remove battery for a reboot. I found a simpler way. Make a call to the 230 BB from another phone & when 230BB is ringing, disconnect & u may just get control before slidertakes over.. A fix is urgently reqd.
    3. Password keeper - One u open a topic, KB pops up & then u just can;t make it go away...



  4. #260
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by polosport View Post
    Ok, need some help still... I did as suggested by uninstalling 5.0 from my PC, restarting, reinstalling, and then load to device... Still no camera. It says "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again".... I have no other apps running besides default things. The camera worked fine before attempting the 5.0 OS install. Now, I have even wiped and installed 4.7.0.167 and still have no camera. My device does show running 4.7.0.167 on platform 4.0.0.205... However, I still have some of the 5.0 attributes like being able to hit the time to get clock and the signal meter to manage connections...

    I have even tried the camera before and after restoring my back up file just to see if there was an error in there and have wiped using BSAK each time.

    Any ideas? Doesn't seem like it has fully gone back down to 4.7... At this point I dont care if I am on 4.7 or 5.0 (would prefer 5/230) but do need my camera to work.

    Please help!
    I had this same error with my camera and actually had to get the phone replaced.. Beginning to wonder what is causing this

  5. #261
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    184

    Question

    Does QUINCY/RIM TOOLS need to be removed still from the 230 version in the link bellow? I don't see it in the control panel anywhere.

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...-software.html



  6. #262
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beantown MA
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Posts
    579
    If you dont see it..Don't sweat it..If you do, be sure you do remove it..dont forget the "vendor" file as well

  7. #263
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Jah View Post
    If you dont see it..Don't sweat it..If you do, be sure you do remove it..dont forget the "vendor" file as well
    I see Blackberry internal apps for RIM version 5.0 in the control panel..Is this what I should be removing?

  8. #264
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by rufunky View Post
    I see Blackberry internal apps for RIM version 5.0 in the control panel..Is this what I should be removing?
    Yes.

Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •