Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 313 to 320 of 499

  1. #313
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9530
    Posts
    20
    Does this hybrid take care of the random restarts i was experiencing with the first version of .230?

    My Storm is through my company and therefore have a BES and IT policies, etc. When I tried to put the original .230 on my phone, it worked great for 5 minutes, but then it just restarted on its own, and continued to restart on its own every 5 minutes. I wiped my phone and did a factory reset, and the wiped again, and tried again to put .230 on my phone, and it still restarted every 5 minutes.

    Believe me, i followed the directions of how to put this OS on my phone to the "T".

    Does this new version take care of that problem? Thanks



  2. #314
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    BOLD 9650
    OS
    6.0.0.333
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by smarkow View Post
    Does this hybrid take care of the random restarts i was experiencing with the first version of .230?

    My Storm is through my company and therefore have a BES and IT policies, etc. When I tried to put the original .230 on my phone, it worked great for 5 minutes, but then it just restarted on its own, and continued to restart on its own every 5 minutes. I wiped my phone and did a factory reset, and the wiped again, and tried again to put .230 on my phone, and it still restarted every 5 minutes.

    Believe me, i followed the directions of how to put this OS on my phone to the "T".

    Does this new version take care of that problem? Thanks
    Hi did you do a restore of all your third party apps and a restore of your backup. I had the same problem, however, after I quit restoring data and 3rd party apps, and then I did a restore of just my calendar and address book, and then downloaded all third party apps fresh, I did not restore any backups for the 3rd party apps and all is well.
    Let me know if this works, it could be that when you reconnect to BES and all your some of your data or policies are not compatible with OS 5...

  3. #315
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by spm903
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    unfortunately yes...just make a new media folder and stick em in there
    Well for some reason on my .230 I have a media folder with everything in it. i didn't do anything to it. It even had my video camera in it already
    I believe having a folder or not having a folder is theme related.



  4. #316
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago 'Burbs †
    PIN
    ch me
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v2.3
    Posts
    322

    Smile Do not shrink!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by futurePharmD View Post
    I had the same issue and had to reload 4 times before I got it fixed. I was shrinking the os prior to install initially, but when I loaded the last time I didn't shrink and I didn't use bbsak to reload my apps I loaded them one by one. I don't know if it was just luck that it finally fixed or if it actually was the order in which I did things but give that a try. This OS is SICK!!!
    Thank you...I was just about to post the same thing. I installed with shrink three times...with obviously the same result - no I am not completely insane, just a little!
    :haha:

    The 4th try - no shrink and all is fine.

    Thanks to all at especially BBC!

  5. #317
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9530
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by basilb View Post
    Hi did you do a restore of all your third party apps and a restore of your backup. I had the same problem, however, after I quit restoring data and 3rd party apps, and then I did a restore of just my calendar and address book, and then downloaded all third party apps fresh, I did not restore any backups for the 3rd party apps and all is well.
    Let me know if this works, it could be that when you reconnect to BES and all your some of your data or policies are not compatible with OS 5...
    Here are the steps I took:
    1. Using Desktop Manager - Synchronized
    2. Using Desktop Manager - Backup
    3. Using BBSAK - backed up 3rd party application
    4. Using BBSAK - Factory Reset
    5. Using BBSAK - Wipe to get the 507 screen
    6. Installed .191 onto my computer
    7. Deleted the RIM Internal Files from the Control Panel
    8. Installed .230 onto my computer
    9. Shrunk an OS using Lyricidals app.
    10. Plugged in my device and installed the OS on my device.
    11. Using Desktop Manager - Restore
    12. Using BBSAK - reloaded 3rd party application

    Result was a device that seemed to work great, EXCEPT it restarted every 5 minutes.

    Should I not do some of the steps above? Please let me know which I should cut out.

    Thanks
    Last edited by smarkow; 09-22-2009 at 09:57 AM.



  6. #318
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Tour 9630
    Posts
    8
    Thanks for the link!

  7. #319
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    BOLD 9650
    OS
    6.0.0.333
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by smarkow View Post
    Here are the steps I took:
    1. Using Desktop Manager - Synchronized
    2. Using Desktop Manager - Backup
    3. Using BBSAK - backed up 3rd party application
    4. Using BBSAK - Factory Reset
    5. Using BBSAK - Wipe to get the 507 screen
    6. Installed .191 onto my computer
    7. Deleted the RIM Internal Files from the Control Panel
    8. Installed .230 onto my computer
    9. Shrunk an OS using Lyricidals app.
    10. Plugged in my device and installed the OS on my device.
    11. Using Desktop Manager - Restore
    12. Using BBSAK - reloaded 3rd party application

    Result was a device that seemed to work great, EXCEPT it restarted every 5 minutes.

    Should I not do some of the steps above? Please let me know which I should cut out.

    Thanks
    Try cutting out steps 11 and 12. The old settings are not compatible with the new operating system, well that is what worked for me.

  8. #320
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9530
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by basilb View Post
    Try cutting out steps 11 and 12. The old settings are not compatible with the new operating system, well that is what worked for me.
    OK. going to try that now. really hope this works as .230 has some things that I really like...

Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •