5.0.0.230 Findings and Fixes Discussion thread #2
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 384

Thread: 5.0.0.230 Findings and Fixes Discussion thread #2

  1. #1
    sunkast Guest

    5.0.0.230 Findings and Fixes Discussion thread #2

    This is a continuation of the first findings and fixes thread.

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...on-thread.html




  2. #2
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by heloguy View Post
    i appreciate it BBC. i can wait for you.
    If what I am doing works, then everyone will have the full, outright 5.0.0.230 including the new docs to go

  3. #3
    Waterboy01 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    9530
    OS
    .230
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times
    o yah? that would be awesome. we appreciate it a lot. any eta on the full version?

  4. #4
    dcswenson's Avatar
    dcswenson is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    PIN
    304*****
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    38
    Liked
    1 times
    You are the man BBC! Thank you so much for all you do for us. :hail::hail:

  5. #5
    Bxrider117's Avatar
    Bxrider117 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!
    Posts
    262
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm looking for some help. I have posted my findings and I really like this OS. I just need to have some version of BBM. I can not get BBM 4.7 on my phone. I have stated before that I have tried to load it every way possible. For those that have 4.7 on their phones was there anything special that you did?

    I just loaded .148 with DM and had it on my phone and when I loaded .203 it was not there.

    BBC can you help me?

  6. #6
    nrw2001's Avatar
    nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    If what I am doing works, then everyone will have the full, outright 5.0.0.230 including the new docs to go
    Using 100% storm files unlike the tour/storm .230 monster that is out there!?!:hail:

  7. #7
    bdube's Avatar
    bdube is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow bdube On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lubbock, TX aka Texa
    PIN
    all u gott
    Device
    VZW Storm 9530
    OS
    Changes too often to
    Posts
    518
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bxrider117 View Post
    I'm looking for some help. I have posted my findings and I really like this OS. I just need to have some version of BBM. I can not get BBM 4.7 on my phone. I have stated before that I have tried to load it every way possible. For those that have 4.7 on their phones was there anything special that you did?

    I just loaded .148 with DM and had it on my phone and when I loaded .203 it was not there.

    BBC can you help me?
    did u wipe ur phone before installing .203?

  8. #8
    Bxrider117's Avatar
    Bxrider117 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!
    Posts
    262
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bdube View Post
    did u wipe ur phone before installing .203?
    Yep. I have tried every way I could possibly think to get BBM with this OS. Do you think it will be a long time before BBM 5.0.0.19 will leak?

  9. #9
    BoDiE2003's Avatar
    BoDiE2003 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    .230 install
    Rocks
    Im new at this, but been working for other brands development. Fallen in love with BlackBerry

    Issues: Google Maps - Cant detect the service
    Its like not detecting my position. Settings setted properly.
    Opera 5 Mini not workng
    Last edited by BoDiE2003; 09-18-2009 at 01:25 AM.

  10. #10
    dillweed's Avatar
    dillweed is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North of 49th
    PIN
    eh......
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.580-shrunk
    Posts
    87
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Now that is what we're talking about....thanks BBC

  11. #11
    heloguy's Avatar
    heloguy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    5.0.0.732
    Posts
    175
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    if what i am doing works, then everyone will have the full, outright 5.0.0.230 including the new docs to go
    i'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

  12. #12
    nrw2001's Avatar
    nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BoDiE2003 View Post
    .230 install
    Rocks
    Im new at this, but been working for other brands development. Fallen in love with BlackBerry

    Issues: Google Maps - Cant detect the service
    Its like not detecting my position. Settings setted properly.
    Opera 5 Mini not workng

    How did you load opera mini? I loaded it by downloading it on the puter and installed it thru app loader. if you download it straight from the phone you get the trackball versions of both apps. after you load it from the app loader also it will prolly hang on your first one or two uses. just do a battery pull or two and you should have a working version of both those apps. that is what i did and it works beautifully!!!

  13. #13
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Looking forward to it BBC!
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  14. #14
    newberry's Avatar
    newberry is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    greater seattle area
    PIN
    just ask
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    135
    Liked
    0 times
    whats BBC working on i just got home and flawless so far

  15. #15
    pabase2 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Youngstown, NY
    PIN
    yep
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    49
    Liked
    0 times
    I am glad that BBC is back and talking! Gives my life a whole new level of comfort.

  16. #16
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by newberry View Post
    whats BBC working on i just got home and flawless so far
    He is working on tightening up the phone so docs to go will work properly.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  17. #17
    newberry's Avatar
    newberry is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    greater seattle area
    PIN
    just ask
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    135
    Liked
    0 times
    nice i dont use it but choose to have it installed the download with it just in case i do, does it sometimes not work?

  18. #18
    AisforAustin's Avatar
    AisforAustin is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow AisforAustin On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    PIN
    30FD4240
    Device
    9550/9530/9630/9000
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    0 times
    I miss bbm5 =(

  19. #19
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    [QUOTE=newberry;123573]nice i dont use it but choose to have it installed the download with it just in case i do, does it sometimes not work?[/QUOTE

    Work in what way? This is one of the finest builds I would have to say that has ever been released
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  20. #20
    BoDiE2003's Avatar
    BoDiE2003 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by nrw2001
    Quote Originally Posted by BoDiE2003 View Post
    .230 install
    Rocks
    Im new at this, but been working for other brands development. Fallen in love with BlackBerry

    Issues: Google Maps - Cant detect the service
    Its like not detecting my position. Settings setted properly.
    Opera 5 Mini not workng

    How did you load opera mini? I loaded it by downloading it on the puter and installed it thru app loader. if you download it straight from the phone you get the trackball versions of both apps. after you load it from the app loader also it will prolly hang on your first one or two uses. just do a battery pull or two and you should have a working version of both those apps. that is what i did and it works beautifully!!!
    The problem is that I have 907 Invalid COD error. So I can't download anything using built in browser. Only using app loader - blackberry dsktop manager.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •