5.0.0.230 Findings and Fixes Discussion thread #2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 384

Thread: 5.0.0.230 Findings and Fixes Discussion thread #2

  1. #21
    Spidersweb's Avatar
    Spidersweb is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    EST
    PIN
    312C58A8
    Device
    Strom 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607/672
    Posts
    175
    Liked
    1 times
    I must say that this one might be the one. :arms::arms::arms:

    I need some help family:
    When I sync my new OS it reloaded my theme and icon layout. I think the 5.0 layout had a media folder. Can someone tell me what folders are standard in this new OS? There are many new icons, I want to make sure I still have them all and nothing is hidden.

    Thanks all.


    All the World is a Stage..., and if you don't act right, I'm cutting off your Mic. :147:


  2. #22
    nrw2001's Avatar
    nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BoDiE2003 View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    The problem is that I have 907 Invalid COD error. So I can't download anything using built in browser. Only using app loader - blackberry dsktop manager.
    huh... Im guessing that you followed the installation directions correctly right? my browser is working fine and i can install things just fine from the browser. you might just have to do a wipe and re-install... that is what i did and it just works amazing!!! I am loving this os.

  3. #23
    nrw2001's Avatar
    nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidersweb View Post
    I must say that this one might be the one. :arms::arms::arms:

    I need some help family:
    When I sync my new OS it reloaded my theme and icon layout. I think the 5.0 layout had a media folder. Can someone tell me what folders are standard in this new OS? There are many new icons, I want to make sure I still have them all and nothing is hidden.

    Thanks all.
    why dont you just hit the bb key, and check mark show hidden!? :bigeyes:

  4. #24
    bdube's Avatar
    bdube is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow bdube On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lubbock, TX aka Texa
    PIN
    all u gott
    Device
    VZW Storm 9530
    OS
    Changes too often to
    Posts
    518
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bxrider117 View Post
    Yep. I have tried every way I could possibly think to get BBM with this OS. Do you think it will be a long time before BBM 5.0.0.19 will leak?
    i havent heard anything bout a bbm leak in the near future, but i really havent been lookin for one...ill try and think of some solutions for u tonight and hit u up tomorrow

  5. #25
    bdube's Avatar
    bdube is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow bdube On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lubbock, TX aka Texa
    PIN
    all u gott
    Device
    VZW Storm 9530
    OS
    Changes too often to
    Posts
    518
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nrw2001 View Post
    why dont you just hit the bb key, and check mark show hidden!? :bigeyes:
    haha yea hes got a point, ive noticed that with 5.0 some icons skinned in 4.7 arent skinned in 5.0 but thats a plazmic update need

  6. #26
    gardobus is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.151 lyr hybrid
    Posts
    42
    Liked
    0 times
    The only apps I use on a semi-regular basis are:

    Flickr
    Where
    QuickLaunch
    Slacker/Pandora/iHeartRadio
    GoogleTalk/YahooMSNGR/AIM

    Can you guys help me verify some of these as working before I move away from my .173

    The only problems I had when I earlier tried 5.0 were that the flickr scrolling was sometimes screwy and for some reason it LOVED to not tell me when I got new messages. I would unlock the phone and see no new message indicators, but then I click SMS and I have like 2 or 3 msgs

  7. #27
    nrw2001's Avatar
    nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bdube View Post
    haha yea hes got a point, ive noticed that with 5.0 some icons skinned in 4.7 arent skinned in 5.0 but thats a plazmic update need

    sorry, it just sounded like a /facepalm moment to me. no offence intended tho :laugh2:

  8. #28
    nrw2001's Avatar
    nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gardobus View Post
    The only apps I use on a semi-regular basis are:

    Flickr
    Where
    QuickLaunch
    Slacker/Pandora/iHeartRadio
    GoogleTalk/YahooMSNGR/AIM

    Can you guys help me verify some of these as working before I move away from my .173

    The only problems I had when I earlier tried 5.0 were that the flickr scrolling was sometimes screwy and for some reason it LOVED to not tell me when I got new messages. I would unlock the phone and see no new message indicators, but then I click SMS and I have like 2 or 3 msgs
    so far out of your list are:
    Flickr yes
    where - i will test in a seccond
    quicklaunch - i will test in a seccond
    slacker - yes
    pandora - freezes at :26 or :25
    iHeart - i dont use it
    all messengers work!

  9. #29
    nrw2001's Avatar
    nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    could you post a link to the where app you requested testing gardobus?

  10. #30
    nrw2001's Avatar
    nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    also im about 95% sure quicklaunch works as well i just use it personaly. i do know it worked in .191 and if it worked there then they have already used the 5.0 dev tools already and therefor should be no problem at all!

  11. #31
    SFEdward's Avatar
    SFEdward is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow SFEdward On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hamilton Ontario
    Device
    Telus 9530
    OS
    Lyricidal's Beta 6v10
    Posts
    20
    Liked
    0 times
    hey everyone... I'm happy with my storm right now... I'm really really happy

    Was there a Pop up Keys option on any other 5.0 builds. It works really well and i like what it brings to typing on the storm. Also editing a contact on the phone is alot easier. All the contact info is nicely spaced out
    Read My Blog|Follow Me
    Current OS 5.0.0.230 (Technically Hybrid)
    Storm 9530|Swapped x 4)

  12. #32
    f-castrillo is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow f-castrillo On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    88
    Liked
    0 times
    So the Music player works the same as it did in .191. If sound is outputting through the headphone jack, then skipping forward to the next track or letting the current track play into the next track causes the sounds to mute.

    The only fix/workaround that I am aware of us unpausing/pausing the music, but that results in sound outputting via speakerphone at first - I have to open up the BB menu in order to Activate Headset.

  13. #33
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nrw2001 View Post
    so far out of your list are:
    Flickr yes
    where - i will test in a seccond
    quicklaunch - i will test in a seccond
    slacker - yes
    pandora - freezes at :26 or :25
    iHeart - i dont use it
    all messengers work!
    Your Pandora freezes at 26 seconds. That's odd I just listened to a 4 minute song and did not have any issues.

  14. #34
    nrw2001's Avatar
    nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Your Pandora freezes at 26 seconds. That's odd I just listened to a 4 minute song and did not have any issues.
    :26 seconds remaining in the song that is.

  15. #35
    Italianfro's Avatar
    Italianfro is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ca
    PIN
    306B8EDF
    Device
    StOrm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    43
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Bxrider117
    Quote Originally Posted by bdube View Post
    did u wipe ur phone before installing .203?
    Yep. I have tried every way I could possibly think to get BBM with this OS. Do you think it will be a long time before BBM 5.0.0.19 will leak?
    bbm on .230 requires .191. also if you had bbm 5.0 on your phone you need to make sure in DM it is removed. then use app loader and select bbm install. there is a write up in the first thread that i put up. it is totally possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :1244:

  16. #36
    nrw2001's Avatar
    nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Your Pandora freezes at 26 seconds. That's odd I just listened to a 4 minute song and did not have any issues.
    it works but i have to hit pause and then play again after it freezes.... it is just a minor inconvenience. I like it just to play thru like it used to. i like to just like to let it play in my holster when i am on the disk golf course.

  17. #37
    nrw2001's Avatar
    nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    so i was wondernig... i cant get my mass storage mode to work... that part i dont understand.

  18. #38
    Llcouttien is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    CA
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    46
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nrw2001 View Post
    so i was wondernig... i cant get my mass storage mode to work... that part i dont understand.
    I am sorry to hear that but what setting do you have mass storage mode set to? I have mine set to prompt and so everytime I connect it to my computer, it asks me if I want it to connect. Maybe give that a try.
    -Lamarr

  19. #39
    nrw2001's Avatar
    nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Llcouttien View Post
    I am sorry to hear that but what setting do you have mass storage mode set to? I have mine set to prompt and so everytime I connect it to my computer, it asks me if I want it to connect. Maybe give that a try.
    tried that... someone posted to set it to no - save - yes - save. tried that. diddnt work. bat pull. no luck. prompt. still no luck. plug in my old pearl and it works just fine. interesting.

  20. #40
    gardobus is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.151 lyr hybrid
    Posts
    42
    Liked
    0 times
    My flickr disappeared after clicking the icon. Has anyone got it to work 100%?
    Quote Originally Posted by nrw2001 View Post
    so far out of your list are:
    Flickr yes
    where - i will test in a seccond
    quicklaunch - i will test in a seccond
    slacker - yes
    pandora - freezes at :26 or :25
    iHeart - i dont use it
    all messengers work!
    I got impatient and just installed it haha! So far:

    Flickr - NO (how did you get it to work? I got the icon after install but when I click it and install the app, it disappears)
    Where - Works!
    QuickLaunch - Works!
    Slacker - Works!
    Pandora - Haven't tried it yet but it installed fine, hope mine doesn't freeze like that
    iHeart - I'll try it later
    Messengers - Sounds good, I'll set them up later. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by nrw2001 View Post
    could you post a link to the where app you requested testing gardobus?
    WHERE GPS Mobile Application for the iPhone, BlackBerry, Google Android & Palm Pre its a great app for finding things near you
    Quote Originally Posted by nrw2001 View Post
    also im about 95% sure quicklaunch works as well i just use it personaly. i do know it worked in .191 and if it worked there then they have already used the 5.0 dev tools already and therefor should be no problem at all!
    QL appears to be working just fine
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Your Pandora freezes at 26 seconds. That's odd I just listened to a 4 minute song and did not have any issues.
    Hopefully I have your luck

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •