5.0.0.230 Findings and Fixes Discussion thread - Page 20
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 402

Thread: 5.0.0.230 Findings and Fixes Discussion thread

  1. #381
    trunk is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    3059a863
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Some hybrid
    Posts
    190
    Liked
    0 times
    Agreed 100% this os completely rocks. I will definitely have a hard time trying a different one. This one seems like it will put the hybrid builders out of business. One more finding i didnt post earlier,

    seems like video playback quality is improved,

    video camera works much better
    stormlevel still doesnt work




  2. #382
    Italianfro's Avatar
    Italianfro is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ca
    PIN
    306B8EDF
    Device
    StOrm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    43
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmyShine View Post
    Can anyone help me get Pandora running?

    For some reason when I run it, my EDGE goes to edge which doesn't bother me because Opera 5 does that and still has data transfer; But Pandora says it has insufficient coverage. I have tried it with my TCP/IP information filled in and also with it not filled in.

    I have 4 bars also, so I know I have coverage.

    Other than Pandora, this OS is unbelievably fast and responsive. I have not one bad thing to say....yet. Lol

    Thanks,

    Jeff
    Pandora has been very sketchy for me. Besides the -25 freeze, sometimes my songs skip a bit and other times it will say not enough coverage. With 5 bars im sure I had enough, I think the .191 and .230 just is not a good mix for pandora.

    So for a fix, I have not heard of any pandora fixes yet.

  3. #383
    heloguy's Avatar
    heloguy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    5.0.0.732
    Posts
    175
    Liked
    0 times
    i d/l the version with docs to go. installed it and when i try to open up a powerpoint file i get "illegal newsize -1" error, anyone know how to fix this?

  4. #384
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by heloguy View Post
    i d/l the version with docs to go. installed it and when i try to open up a powerpoint file i get "illegal newsize -1" error, anyone know how to fix this?
    Not sure of this fix, but I am sure there is one. One of our team members will be with you to assist you.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  5. #385
    maddog241's Avatar
    maddog241 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Device
    VZW BB Bold 9650
    OS
    Official 6.0.0.431
    Posts
    145
    Liked
    2 times
    A big thanks to all the helpers here who respond so quickly :bigok:

    So far this OS rocks... very smooth !

    Screenlock appears to be working
    Let's Go Pens !!!!!!
    No matter how hard you push the envelope...It will always be stationery

  6. #386
    heloguy's Avatar
    heloguy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    5.0.0.732
    Posts
    175
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    Not sure of this fix, but I am sure there is one. One of our team members will be with you to assist you.
    thanks for the speedy response. i will be standing by.

  7. #387
    ShimmyShine's Avatar
    ShimmyShine is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow ShimmyShine On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gowen, Michigan
    PIN
    Just ask!
    Device
    9800
    OS
    6.0.0.337
    Posts
    242
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Italianfro View Post
    Pandora has been very sketchy for me. Besides the -25 freeze, sometimes my songs skip a bit and other times it will say not enough coverage. With 5 bars im sure I had enough, I think the .191 and .230 just is not a good mix for pandora.

    So for a fix, I have not heard of any pandora fixes yet.
    Okay, thank you! I managed to get it running after a few times rebooting the program. I also set my TCP/IP settings to the full wap.cingular instead of just the first part of it, that seemed to help also.

    Thanks,

    Jeff

  8. #388
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by heloguy View Post
    thanks for the speedy response. i will be standing by.
    The PPT file you are trying to view is it the 2007 format?

    Have you gone to Options/Applications/Core/Highlight Phone do not click/BB Button/Modules and allow on all. Also make sure compatibility mode is diabled.

  9. #389
    xkwwwx's Avatar
    xkwwwx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    chicago burbs
    PIN
    dammoni-uhhhhm
    Device
    Verizon 9530/Droid
    OS
    Lyricidal .238/296 Hybrid/android 2.0
    Posts
    141
    Liked
    0 times

    5.0.0.230 or bust????????

    Should i stay or should i go.......................SORRY GUYS JUST WENT BACK. IT WILL BE A GREAT DAY WHEN A FULLY WORKING OFFICIAL IS OUT FOR ALL TO ENJOY. THANKS FOR THE FUN 230. BUT I REALLY NEED ALL MY MODULES WORKING IN HARMONY......GOODBYE SWEETHEART.
    Last edited by xkwwwx; 09-18-2009 at 12:43 AM.
    FREE 95xx ALIENWARE OMEGA SLIDER BY ZLEE67 http://tinyurl.com/alienware-omega
    VAPE INTELLICIGS AT WWW.INTELLICIG.COM
    BBOS ROCKS

  10. #390
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Stay with it my friend.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  11. #391
    66gt350's Avatar
    66gt350 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, this is my first post...gotta first say thanks for a great sight!!

    Just got this loaded and I'm also getting the error "Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessExceptio n"

    I hit OK and everything seems to run ok.

  12. #392
    Waterboy01 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    9530
    OS
    .230
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bdube View Post
    sounds like a plan, lets us know how it works
    i did a wipe and everything was goin good until i loaded my backup then it rebooted again about 2 min after so gunna go threw and do every manual i guess cuz i do like the this os

  13. #393
    heloguy's Avatar
    heloguy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    5.0.0.732
    Posts
    175
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    The PPT file you are trying to view is it the 2007 format?

    Have you gone to Options/Applications/Core/Highlight Phone do not click/BB Button/Modules and allow on all. Also make sure compatibility mode is diabled.
    hi BBC. i tried that and it still doesnt work. it worked fine on your v8.5 today. once i went to .230 itdoesnt work any more

  14. #394
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 66gt350 View Post
    Well, this is my first post...gotta first say thanks for a great sight!!

    Just got this loaded and I'm also getting the error "Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessExceptio n"

    I hit OK and everything seems to run ok.
    Welcome to BlackberryOS! I hope things continue to run smoothly for you. Any additional questions please feel free to ask.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  15. #395
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterboy01 View Post
    i did a wipe and everything was goin good until i loaded my backup then it rebooted again about 2 min after so gunna go threw and do every manual i guess cuz i do like the this os
    Good idea and please report back your findings.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  16. #396
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by heloguy View Post
    hi BBC. i tried that and it still doesnt work. it worked fine on your v8.5 today. once i went to .230 itdoesnt work any more
    Let me do somemore checking I may have a fix in just a little while or in the morning if you can hold out

  17. #397
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    I am up and running. Had to restore my 3rd party apps one at a time thru BBSAK, a pain, but all seems to be working. Thanks BBOS...and thanks BBC!!

    Y'all are very much appreciated!! :hail:

  18. #398
    heloguy's Avatar
    heloguy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    5.0.0.732
    Posts
    175
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Let me do somemore checking I may have a fix in just a little while or in the morning if you can hold out
    i appreciate it BBC. i can wait for you.

  19. #399
    Waterboy01 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    9530
    OS
    .230
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    Good idea and please report back your findings.

    will do

  20. #400
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Guess we still don't have a "soft-reset" ???

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •