How to install 22.214.171.124 on your Storm
Some may consider this to be a hybrid of 191 and 230. Whatever you want to consider it, its better then 191.
This leak does not come with any EXE file, all we had were the files itself. So BBCrackman has created an installer. In order for this to work successfully you need to have 126.96.36.199 installed ON your PC. Does not have to be on your phone but it HAS to be installed on your PC. If you have ever installed one of his hybrids, you would know it usually works, you select the OS folder you want to install it to (so the files get copied over them). Same exact procedure.
1. If you do not already, install 188.8.131.52 onto your computer. - AFTER INSTALL, REMOVE QUINCY/RIM TOOLS
Click here to download 184.108.40.206
2. Run the installer for the 220.127.116.11.
3. You will want to select the 18.104.22.168 folder as the destination folder to write to. This destination may be different for some but the majority will be located at :
c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\loader files\9530AMEA_v22.214.171.124_p126.96.36.199
4. Then hit next and it will 'confirm' your destination folder, then you hit next and the files will be copied into that folder.
5. Then run Apploader and you are done! I did notice that the "connecting to device" phase took a while.
We will be adding a video shortly of this and will update when we do.
Last edited by Brett Wyman; 09-17-2009 at 04:21 PM.
I'm going to get my umbrella ready!
Easy enough, now do you know of a working d/l link for .191? I removed it from my PC in preperation for .230 (old habit I guess)
dangit, i lost my umbrella!
Such a tease..... just give it to us!!!! P-p-p-p-p-p-p-lease!
Originally Posted by BlackberryOS
quick question, if all we are using .191 for is the folder selection, why does it have to be .191? couldn't it be any OS folder?
Tags for this Thread