Hybrid 4.7.0.114 V3 problems?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Hybrid 4.7.0.114 V3 problems?

  1. #1
    jpking's Avatar
    jpking is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jpking On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Coast, CA
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    200
    Liked
    0 times
    I decided to start a new thread to address any issues specifically associated with BBCRACKMAN's 4.7.0.114 V3 Hybrid. Hopefully users can post issues here, & we can get solutions from the pro's such as PUPP3T or BBCRACKMAN himself. Or at the very least, just create a forum to bring any issues people are having to BBCRACKMAN's attention so that he may use this information in developing the next, newer, better hybrid as I'm sure this won't be the last!

    And I'll start this off with an issue I'm having:

    I installed BBCRACKMAN's .114 V3 Hybrid last night & it's awesome, with the exception of 1 thing. Whenever I hit the bb button (or menu key, whatever it's called) the "switch application" window pops up. It's not a huge deal, just kind of annoying, when I'm sending a text or something & push the bb key to send my message, then the switch apps window pops up & gets in the way, instead of opening up the menu to select "send" to send my msg. This also happens in other apps, I was just using the messaging as an example.
    Last edited by Neolantis; 03-31-2009 at 04:53 PM. Reason: consolidation




  2. #2
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    189 times
    This will be fine as long as everyone keeps this to ISSUES ONLY.

    Any install/upgrade questions stay to the original thread please.

    Thank you...
    Last edited by Neolantis; 03-31-2009 at 04:48 PM.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  3. #3
    pupp3t Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jpking View Post
    And I'll start this off with an issue I'm having:

    I installed BBCRACKMAN's .114 V3 Hybrid last night & it's awesome, with the exception of 1 thing. Whenever I hit the bb button (or menu key, whatever it's called) the "switch application" window pops up. It's not a huge deal, just kind of annoying, when I'm sending a text or something & push the bb key to send my message, then the switch apps window pops up & gets in the way, instead of opening up the menu to select "send" to send my msg. This also happens in other apps, I was just using the messaging as an example.
    hmm, are you clicking the BB button or pushing down on it for a few seconds?

  4. #4
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    189 times
    go to options/keyboard and change your key rate to normal. you may have to experiment with it


    It registers as a sort of dbl click if the keyrate is set wrong
    Last edited by Neolantis; 03-31-2009 at 05:05 PM.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  5. #5
    jpking's Avatar
    jpking is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jpking On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Coast, CA
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    200
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pupp3t View Post
    hmm, are you clicking the BB button or pushing down on it for a few seconds?
    Ok, so i WAS just clicking it, not holding it down, but you answered my question in a round-a-bout way. When you mentioned about holding it down, I went into options and under screen/keyboard, adjusted the "key rate" from fast to normal. That did it! Guess it wasn't the V3 afterall! But I'm still going to leave this thread up as I said, if there are any issues with this hybrid, people may post here for solutions or bbcrackman can use the input in his next build. Thanks

  6. #6
    jpking's Avatar
    jpking is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jpking On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Coast, CA
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    200
    Liked
    0 times
    oops, Neolantis JUST beat me to it

  7. #7
    pupp3t Guest
    yeah he beat us both to it lol

  8. #8
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jpking View Post
    oops, Neolantis JUST beat me to it
    Quote Originally Posted by pupp3t View Post
    yeah he beat us both to it lol
    .
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  9. #9
    nyckid is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    storm
    OS
    4.7
    Posts
    39
    Liked
    0 times

    phone keypad

    ok so I downloaded the necessary for v3 all work wells except one issue. After my upgrade I had a voicemail. I went to get it and when you know verizon says enter your access code. well the keyboard I get is a full lettered keyboard lol. Even if I hit the numbers key it stays letters. Any ideas? otherwise its great

  10. #10
    RANDYRKELLY's Avatar
    RANDYRKELLY is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow RANDYRKELLY On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oak Cliff, Texas, Un
    PIN
    Not Requir
    Device
    Incredible
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,339
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nyckid View Post
    ok so I downloaded the necessary for v3 all work wells except one issue. After my upgrade I had a voicemail. I went to get it and when you know verizon says enter your access code. well the keyboard I get is a full lettered keyboard lol. Even if I hit the numbers key it stays letters. Any ideas? otherwise its great
    SOUNDS LIE YOU HAVE v2 DOES YOUR PHONE SAYS 114 144 IS V3

  11. #11
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, I believe Randy is correct. If you have the keyboard bug, you didn't paste the hybrid file correctly.

  12. #12
    nyckid is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    storm
    OS
    4.7
    Posts
    39
    Liked
    0 times

    dialpad

    ok so what do I need to do to correct this it says version 4.7.0.114

  13. #13
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nyckid View Post
    ok so what do I need to do to correct this it says version 4.7.0.114
    Now you are going to want to download the files for v3 hybrid to your computer and follow the instructions in the Read Me document contained therein. Make sense?

  14. #14
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nyckid View Post
    ok so what do I need to do to correct this it says version 4.7.0.114
    What does your platform number say?

  15. #15
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nyckid View Post
    ok so what do I need to do to correct this it says version 4.7.0.114
    On your phone go to Options/About. What version/platform does it say? Platform should be .144.

  16. #16
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    On your phone go to Options/About. What version/platform does it say? Platform should be .144.
    If he has the keyboard problem he's probably just on straight 114 and didn't get the hybrid on there.

  17. #17
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    If he has the keyboard problem he's probably just on straight 114 and didn't get the hybrid on there.
    Correct. That's what I was trying to confirm. lol

  18. #18
    nyckid is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    storm
    OS
    4.7
    Posts
    39
    Liked
    0 times

    dialpad

    ok thank you I must of screwed something up but I reloaded the v3 hybrid and then loaded to phone its now correct at .144. tHANKS FOR THE HELP

  19. #19
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nyckid View Post
    ok thank you I must of screwed something up but I reloaded the v3 hybrid and then loaded to phone its now correct at .144. tHANKS FOR THE HELP
    great. You should see a major difference now that you have the Hybrid loaded correctly. Not just in the keyboard. Enjoy.

  20. #20
    jpking's Avatar
    jpking is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jpking On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Coast, CA
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    200
    Liked
    0 times

    Talking

    See, already helping people

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •