90 radio not working on BBC V8 and BBC V8.5
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 90 radio not working on BBC V8 and BBC V8.5

  1. #1
    edemunsta is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow edemunsta On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    CA
    PIN
    THIS!!!
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    OS BBC Hybrid v10! Tmobile
    Posts
    136
    Liked
    0 times

    90 radio not working on BBC V8 and BBC V8.5

    I have been able to change it no problem on up to .148 base but since .151 it will not work. My icons disappear. Any Ideas why? Just curious. I have been using 90 in all of the OS's i have installed since im on tmobile. But i have ditched it because it has been unstable recently. Id rather have stable phone. Sorry 90. Thanks.


    PBJ | PBJ Gear | M1926 Tech News Blog
    Storming on Tmobile - 9530


  2. #2
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Your correct in the 90 not working with the new files above .151... I'm not sure exactly why but we have had some of the members go to v8.5 with 132, and that was mainly to get the streaming apps to work. Have you tried 5.0.0.191 or 141? Both are stable and work with other carriers than VZW. The down side is... With 191 you lose your camera and some apps. You can flickscolling that isn't glitchy and memory stability. I have also found that the reception is one of the best!

  3. #3
    edemunsta is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow edemunsta On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    CA
    PIN
    THIS!!!
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    OS BBC Hybrid v10! Tmobile
    Posts
    136
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Your correct in the 90 not working with the new files above .151... I'm not sure exactly why but we have had some of the members go to v8.5 with 132, and that was mainly to get the streaming apps to work. Have you tried 5.0.0.191 or 141? Both are stable and work with other carriers than VZW. The down side is... With 191 you lose your camera and some apps. You can flickscolling that isn't glitchy and memory stability. I have also found that the reception is one of the best!
    Thanks. i will try out 132 and see if it works out for me. I probably will not try 191 since the cam will not work. i use my cam all the time. is it possible to get flickscrolling and the cam to work? And when you say reception is one of the best, did you mean for 191 or 141?

    Update: I just installed V8.5 with 132, same as 90, icons doing disappearing act...lol. Could it be me shrinking the OS with 3.9?
    Last edited by edemunsta; 09-12-2009 at 04:37 PM.
    PBJ | PBJ Gear | M1926 Tech News Blog
    Storming on Tmobile - 9530

  4. #4
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Quote Originally Posted by edemunsta
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Your correct in the 90 not working with the new files above .151... I'm not sure exactly why but we have had some of the members go to v8.5 with 132, and that was mainly to get the streaming apps to work. Have you tried 5.0.0.191 or 141? Both are stable and work with other carriers than VZW. The down side is... With 191 you lose your camera and some apps. You can flickscolling that isn't glitchy and memory stability. I have also found that the reception is one of the best!
    Thanks. i will try out 132 and see if it works out for me. I probably will not try 191 since the cam will not work. i use my cam all the time. is it possible to get flickscrolling and the cam to work? And when you say reception is one of the best, did you mean for 191 or 141?
    There was some members that figured out that of you downgrade from .191 to .140 without wiping (just install over the top) you will retain the flickscroll... The .140 also has a working camera. As for the reception... I was referring to .191. I travel for work regularly and have had the least amount of problems with it. I an not sure about the .140 since I only kept it on my phone for 24hrs. I have not heard anything bad about the reception on the VZW network with the .140 radio.

  5. #5
    jcorv58's Avatar
    jcorv58 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MN
    PIN
    223A7502
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    .743
    Posts
    146
    Liked
    0 times
    So has anyone been able to use .90 on v8 or 8.5? I was told by BBC that I could change the plazmic files (all of them or ??) to .148 in the .151 OS but I dont see the difference since I used .90 on .151 in his v7.1.4 with no problems, I was also told I didnt even need .90 to get full EDGE which turned out to be false-at least for me....I have full EDGE but no data service whatsoever- been tring everything everyone told me to do and have been trying for the past 3 hours to see if I can get my data...nope
    Ya know what's funny... I always thought that umm... dogs laid eggs, and I learned something today!!! :-)
    http://www.blackberryos.com/image-fi...tterbanner.png
    Rules and Guidelines l Upgrade Your OS | Resource Center

  6. #6
    edemunsta is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow edemunsta On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    CA
    PIN
    THIS!!!
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    OS BBC Hybrid v10! Tmobile
    Posts
    136
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jcorv58 View Post
    So has anyone been able to use .90 on v8 or 8.5? I was told by BBC that I could change the plazmic files (all of them or ??) to .148 in the .151 OS but I dont see the difference since I used .90 on .151 in his v7.1.4 with no problems, I was also told I didnt even need .90 to get full EDGE which turned out to be false-at least for me....I have full EDGE but no data service whatsoever- been tring everything everyone told me to do and have been trying for the past 3 hours to see if I can get my data...nope
    Having the same problem. It just does not hold like 90. I am planning on going back to BBC v7 since it takes 90. Had no problems at all with this combo. I am on OS 5.0.0.230 update by BBC and it seems to be all good. But there are times that it does drop to small edge. Just wanted to try out the new Hybrids.
    PBJ | PBJ Gear | M1926 Tech News Blog
    Storming on Tmobile - 9530

  7. #7
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by edemunsta View Post
    Thanks. i will try out 132 and see if it works out for me. I probably will not try 191 since the cam will not work. i use my cam all the time. is it possible to get flickscrolling and the cam to work? And when you say reception is one of the best, did you mean for 191 or 141?

    Update: I just installed V8.5 with 132, same as 90, icons doing disappearing act...lol. Could it be me shrinking the OS with 3.9?
    There is a specific way to swap the .132 radio - a couple files need to be swapped or it won't work. Check the v8.5 findings and fixes thread for directions.

    Also, the flick scroll on .140 is done by backing up while on .191 and then restoring this backup file after wiping and loading .140.

    .230 is the ish though...

  8. #8
    Jbermudez's Avatar
    Jbermudez is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    Ask It
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.230 by BBCrackman
    Posts
    179
    Liked
    0 times
    I see you are a GSM user. If is your case, you can choose 5.0.0.230. It's the best radio (.SFI) file at far. And believe me I tried so many. You will get your EDGE immediatly, and the best part you will get all new features 5.0 OS

    Apps:
    SmartAlerts, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, MeterBerry, QuickLaunch, BBFileScout, XContact, GoogleSync, IM+, S4A, CopyAll, Forward with Edit, Wallpaper Shuffle, ScoreMobile, Sensobi

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •