.191 Telus Browser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: .191 Telus Browser

  1. #1
    michaelwpg's Avatar
    michaelwpg is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    9530
    Posts
    22
    Liked
    0 times

    .191 Telus Browser

    Resend your service books. Browser will now work on .191 with Telus.

    Just passing the message on, I don't take credit for discovering this.




  2. #2
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    You are gonna make a lot of people happy... When they wake up! Great find! :fing02:

  3. #3
    t bizkit is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow t bizkit On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Device
    Blackberry Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.246
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times
    For me however its still not the real Internet browser. This is what is usually known as the Blackberry Browser. Anyone else getting this?

  4. #4
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630)

    No you may get a telus WAP browser. I had a conversation yesterday with a contact at telus and she told me it's a network compatibility issue.





    I questioned the service books and she said no that will not resolve the issues.


    The telus network needs to be upgraded and will not be until the soft roll out of HSDPA.


    I've heard a few different release dates but most say 4-6 weeks



    That being said telus over the last few nights have been doing upgrades to their systems.



    I tried a few service books 2 nights ago and was still unable to get the browser to open. So if you have just tried and succeeded. Great I would love to have been mis-informed.
    Last edited by smcoldbb; 09-10-2009 at 07:25 AM.
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

  5. #5
    Cyco is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times
    Just thought I would sign up and let you Vancouver telus users know that I just reinstalled 5.0.0.191 and I do infact have the Internet browser and not just the telus wap browser. Things are looking up for us!

    Cheers,
    Chris

    P.S. thanks to the guys who make this site what it is!

  6. #6
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    Just thought I would sign up and let you Vancouver telus users know that I just reinstalled 5.0.0.191 and I do infact have the Internet browser and not just the telus wap browser. Things are looking up for us!

    Cheers,
    Chris

    P.S. thanks to the guys who make this site what it is!
    Well now that sounds promising! Thanks for posting. I'm in vancouver as well and have heard that toronto telus may be up and running on .191

    I guess we all know what I'm doing after work. :lmao:
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

  7. #7
    Cyco is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    Wirelessly posted (9630)



    Well now that sounds promising! Thanks for posting. I'm in vancouver as well and have heard that toronto telus may be up and running on .191

    I guess we all know what I'm doing after work. :lmao:

    I even am able to have Windows Live messenger up and running with 5.0.0.191. Now if facebook would only work, this would be an OS I am really happy with!

    Cheers,
    Chris

  8. #8
    ruffhunter is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.122 Hybrid
    Posts
    23
    Liked
    0 times
    Kinda weird that you can and others can't.... because even after the shortage of yesterday the services book didn't got updated... so unless you get me a video of it i will still say bullshit because i know that RIM still didn't update Telus service Books..... and if you really can well why not share your service books with us

    Thanks.

  9. #9
    michaelwpg's Avatar
    michaelwpg is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    9530
    Posts
    22
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffhunter View Post
    Kinda weird that you can and others can't.... because even after the shortage of yesterday the services book didn't got updated... so unless you get me a video of it i will still say bullshit because i know that RIM still didn't update Telus service Books..... and if you really can well why not share your service books with us

    Thanks.

    Can't do video right now, I'm at work. However, I have had confirmation of the browser now working from several users.

    As for the WLM now operating on .191, I have been told that an update went out this morning for most of the major IM apps, which seems to be allowing functionality on 5.0.

  10. #10
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Good to see that we can all appreciate the news on the Telus front. You guys and gals north of the border sure take your lumps well.

  11. #11
    ruffhunter is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.122 Hybrid
    Posts
    23
    Liked
    0 times
    I wish you guys are right because even right now when on the phone with my buddy who's tech vl3 at telus and he can't get it to work even for his own device... And the update part for IM i can confirm it yep the updates are out but not avaible yet to donload from rim help website nor the application center.

    For the browser it's still suspended in the air to see what rim will do!

  12. #12
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630)

    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal
    Good to see that we can all appreciate the news on the Telus front. You guys and gals north of the border sure take your lumps well.
    Copy that! someone forgot to tell rim that canada has a couple blackberry users as well.
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

  13. #13
    Bookers's Avatar
    Bookers is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Bookers On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    PIN
    scan if barcode is avatar
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    428
    Posts
    173
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    Just thought I would sign up and let you Vancouver telus users know that I just reinstalled 5.0.0.191 and I do infact have the Internet browser and not just the telus wap browser. Things are looking up for us!

    Cheers,
    Chris

    P.S. thanks to the guys who make this site what it is!
    Welcome to BBOS cyco!

  14. #14
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630)

    Quote Originally Posted by ruffhunter
    I wish you guys are right because even right now when on the phone with my buddy who's tech vl3 at telus and he can't get it to work even for his own device... And the update part for IM i can confirm it yep the updates are out but not avaible yet to donload from rim help website nor the application center.

    For the browser it's still suspended in the air to see what rim will do!
    Hey ruff,

    You got time to try it? I'm not able to until later tonight
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

  15. #15
    glockguy's Avatar
    glockguy is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    5.0.0.415
    Posts
    347
    Liked
    1 times
    Sorry....just jumping in here...

    I am in Calgary, have .191 on a Tour, and only have access to the WAP browser. This is an improvement though. I had .191 on the phone about a week ago, and took it off because the WAP browser wouldn't work at all.

    So, at least I can browse a bit, but I would love to know how to get the other browsers back.

  16. #16
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glockguy View Post
    Sorry....just jumping in here...

    I am in Calgary, have .191 on a Tour, and only have access to the WAP browser. This is an improvement though. I had .191 on the phone about a week ago, and took it off because the WAP browser wouldn't work at all.

    So, at least I can browse a bit, but I would love to know how to get the other browsers back.
    Have you tried to register your Host Routing Tables?
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  17. #17
    glockguy's Avatar
    glockguy is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    5.0.0.415
    Posts
    347
    Liked
    1 times
    I just did it again......resent my service books too....

    no dice

  18. #18
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glockguy View Post
    I just did it again......resent my service books too....

    no dice
    Not to sure what to say. I am unfamiliar with Telus. Have you tried calling Telus up to see if there is a way for them to fix the issue on your hand held?
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  19. #19
    ruffhunter is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.122 Hybrid
    Posts
    23
    Liked
    0 times
    @Seanren78 i just tried once again and even on the phone as i write and nothing on both side i think i will need to get switched over to RIM directly to have my PIN removed from BIS and ask for service books update to push us the lastest version avaible for 5.0 OS

  20. #20
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Have you tried logging into the bis site from the pc and sending? or is one of the people having this problem on BES possibly?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •