Attempting to upgrade to .114 V3 & getting no where fast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Attempting to upgrade to .114 V3 & getting no where fast

  1. #1
    cheech222 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    jerz
    Device
    9530 (Storm)
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    0 times

    Angry Attempting to upgrade to .114 V3 & getting no where fast

    Hello everyone, I hope that someone can help me. I have been attempting to upgrade to 114 V3 for 2 days now. First my problem was that I could not download an installable 114exe. I finally found a good copy that did install. Now, however, (at some point while trying to install one of the bad copies) I managed to somehow effect the communication between my computer and my storm. I have restarted both of these, to no avail. I installed the new 114 OS (hoping that might fix whatever is wrong with DM) but that didnt work either. Any suggestions??

    Thanks in advance




  2. #2
    pupp3t Guest
    ok so it seems like theres no communication between the BB and DM.
    Im gona take you the long way, but its gona work once were done...

  3. #3
    pupp3t Guest
    1. delete any and every OS from add/remove programs from your computer
    2. delete DM and instal the 4.5 version

    start with this and tell me when you're done

  4. #4
    blindman4556's Avatar
    blindman4556 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Posts
    384
    Liked
    1 times
    uninstall DM and the .114 in the control panel> uninstall program then try to reinstall the .114.exe.....also when you plug your BB in, can you go to My Computer>then whatever the BB drive is or on the BB does it ask to enable mass storage?

  5. #5
    cheech222 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    jerz
    Device
    9530 (Storm)
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks, i dont know what happened. I saw on here somewhere that you needed to uninstall a previous 4.0XXX OS from the programs & features (yes im running vista) and once i did that my BB would not talk to my computer. I even tried using the loader exe and that cant detect anything either.

    I'm gonna try what you suggested (you snuck that in as i was typing) haha
    Last edited by cheech222; 03-29-2009 at 10:56 PM. Reason: saw later posting

  6. #6
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cheech222 View Post
    Hello everyone, I hope that someone can help me. I have been attempting to upgrade to 114 V3 for 2 days now. First my problem was that I could not download an installable 114exe. I finally found a good copy that did install. Now, however, (at some point while trying to install one of the bad copies) I managed to somehow effect the communication between my computer and my storm. I have restarted both of these, to no avail. I installed the new 114 OS (hoping that might fix whatever is wrong with DM) but that didnt work either. Any suggestions??

    Thanks in advance
    Welcome to BBOS cheech222. There's a chance that the corrupt OS could have corrupted DM. you might want to try reinstalling DM.

  7. #7
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    oops. Took too long to post.

  8. #8
    pupp3t Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    Welcome to BBOS cheech222. There's a chance that the corrupt OS could have corrupted DM. you might want to try reinstalling DM.
    yeah thats what i thought too. thats why im having him get rid of everything.

    too slow ...brap

  9. #9
    cheech222 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    jerz
    Device
    9530 (Storm)
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    0 times
    I thought I might be able to cheat and just reinstall USB drivers, but of course the file i downloaded from RIM was not the english file it was labeled to be... so im uninstalling DM as i type

  10. #10
    cheech222 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    jerz
    Device
    9530 (Storm)
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't think tho that the corrupt OS could have done anything because it never installed, every file i downloaded (accept for the last one which i think i found here) kept throwing an error message before it did anything

  11. #11
    pupp3t Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cheech222 View Post
    I don't think tho that the corrupt OS could have done anything because it never installed, every file i downloaded (accept for the last one which i think i found here) kept throwing an error message before it did anything
    Its hard to deduct the problem that caused this.
    but were gona get it back running.

  12. #12
    cheech222 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    jerz
    Device
    9530 (Storm)
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks

    of course this is taking forever because the DM cd that came with my phone wouldnt extract a file so it couldnt install. So i am installing from web now.

  13. #13
    pupp3t Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cheech222 View Post
    thanks

    of course this is taking forever because the DM cd that came with my phone wouldnt extract a file so it couldnt install. So i am installing from web now.
    no worries.
    Did you delete the OS's from your pc?

  14. #14
    cheech222 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    jerz
    Device
    9530 (Storm)
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    0 times
    not yet, since this happened before i installed the new OS I'm hoping reinstalling DM will solve it

  15. #15
    pupp3t Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cheech222 View Post
    not yet, since this happened before i installed the new OS I'm hoping reinstalling DM will solve it
    cool, let us know how it goes.

  16. #16
    cheech222 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    jerz
    Device
    9530 (Storm)
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    0 times
    Woohoo... reinstalling DM worked (i stuck with v4.7 since i hadnt had a problem with it until today)

    now, i saw somewhere that if i installed the OS correctly, that it should ask me to upgrade the software on the phone when i connect to DM... it didn't so did i not install it correctly?

  17. #17
    pupp3t Guest
    what does it say in the "about" of your phone?
    114 platmorm 144 is the right one

  18. #18
    cheech222 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    jerz
    Device
    9530 (Storm)
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    0 times
    i didnt get to send the os to the phone yet, so it still says v4.7.0.75, platform 4.0.0.94

  19. #19
    cheech222 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    jerz
    Device
    9530 (Storm)
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    0 times
    i installed the 114 file onto my computer and deleted the vendor file, that was as far as i got because of the connectivity issue

  20. #20
    pupp3t Guest
    ok cool...so now you're good to go with the installation of the Hybrid.
    Follow the steps and you should be fine.
    Keep me updated with the status

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •