well when i deleted the DM it looks like it deleted the OS. I reinstalled 4.7 and it connected. When i reinstalled the OS it brought back the BB/computer connection problem. (i installed the OS by the apploader, it wouldnt go with the DM). I think at this point I am going to call it a night though & try again if i get time tomorrow. Thanks for your help. I will try uninstalling and installing 4.5 tomorrow.
My advise, I would start completely from scratch. Follow these steps to ensure a problem free install.
1. Download DM 4.7 from Blackberry's site.
2. Download .114 and the Hybrid .zip from the links on this site.
3. Uninstall any Previous OS's you have in the application wizard as well as DM. Make sure you don't have any other installs labels "Blackberry" "RIM" or "Verizon" as well. Uninstall those if you do.
4. Open up Device Manager and be sure there are no devices named "Blackberry" under "Disc Drives" and "USB Controllers".
5. Also under "USB Controllers" right click on every "USB Root Hub" entry and go to properties. Under the "Power Management" tab, make sure "Allow Windows to turn this device off to save power" is unchecked.
6. With your Blackberry disconnected from your PC, Install DM 4.7, .114 installer, and apply the V3 Hybrid as per the directions.
8. Ensure Mass Storage Mode is enabled on your Device and connect it to your computer via USB. Give it a second to install the drivers. (These should be supplied from DM 4.7) If you use a password for your device, be sure to input it to activate mass storage mode.
9. Open up DM and tell it to cancel any updates. Perform a backup of your device.
10. Follow the directions for installing the V3 Hybrid using loader.exe.
That should do it. let us know if you still have any issues.
Ok, as it happens, tonight I plugged in my phone (with out doing anything since giving up last night) and it connected ok and i managed to install both 114 OS and the V3 hybrid. Hopefully it all works well with my device