09-09-2009, 07:42 PM
So I tried the Loubrid today. Here are my steps and my results:
- Already had 191 loaded on my device
- Un-installed 191 from PC
- installed 140 to PC
- Un-installed internal apps
- Connected to DM 5.0 and was not prompted to up or downgrade
- Went into app loader, upgrade device software or whatever it is and downgraded
- downgrade successful, EA successful
(note no wipes)
- Lost YIM and pattern lock lite; they show installed in the apps list but there are no icons (not they're not just hidden)
- Messages app is jacked up. It's like it's trying to flick scroll but can't. Whatever e-mail I tap (not click) goes to the top of the screen. There is no old skool scrolling or flick scrolling. Other menus the flick scrolling works like 191.
- media player played a lot of WMV's that it would not in 191 and did not list previously played videos
- Tabbed browser - sweet
- 1XEV - yuk, but clickable to manage connections
The jacked up message selection thing was a deal breaker so I went back to 191. Got YIM and patttern lock back. All is good 'cept no camera. It was worth a shot but 140 is no 191...
Last edited by 5 Liter Eater; 09-09-2009 at 07:51 PM.
09-10-2009, 07:28 AM
Does this wreck still have the updated phone app?
I have .191 and the UI of the phone app is updated, and the green button responds a lot faster to call up the phone keypad. This is my favorite part of .191 and I can't go without it.
09-10-2009, 09:15 AM
I believe this reverts back to the 140 UI for the phone.
Originally Posted by Rednukleus
09-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Thank you for your feedback! As with many Storms, we are seeing different results on a device-by-device basis.
Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
09-10-2009, 09:22 AM
I have been getting reboots only when using Twitter apps, but I feel your pain.
Originally Posted by curtcrack88
Thank you again for your contributions, effort and feedback!
Tags for this Thread