Shrink-A-OS by lyricidal - Page 10
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 304

Thread: Shrink-A-OS by lyricidal

  1. #181
    gordtm's Avatar
    gordtm is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    901
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    Great. Thanks




  2. #182
    Vaffanculo403's Avatar
    Vaffanculo403 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    184
    Liked
    0 times
    I"m having trouble with this for some reason. even though I'm checking off all the boxes and have the right folder selected it's not removing the apps. It's really weird. It says I have the same space available before and after I hit the shrink button and when I load the OS it says that I have 39MB available and none of the apps like facebook or the instant messengers (except BBM) are loaded and none of my 3rd party apps are installed yet. Any ideas here? I'm stumped!

  3. #183
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaffanculo403 View Post
    I"m having trouble with this for some reason. even though I'm checking off all the boxes and have the right folder selected it's not removing the apps. It's really weird. It says I have the same space available before and after I hit the shrink button and when I load the OS it says that I have 39MB available and none of the apps like facebook or the instant messengers (except BBM) are loaded and none of my 3rd party apps are installed yet. Any ideas here? I'm stumped!
    Have you followed these steps?

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...shrink-os.html

  4. #184
    Vaffanculo403's Avatar
    Vaffanculo403 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    184
    Liked
    0 times
    yes. I've tried it on three differant OS versions including .148 from Verizon. I'm using Vista. would that make a difference?

  5. #185
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaffanculo403 View Post
    yes. I've tried it on three differant OS versions including .148 from Verizon. I'm using Vista. would that make a difference?
    No the only step you have to include for vista is choosing run as admin.

    So let me see if I understand

    You are downloading a OS to your PC and installing then running shrink and selecting the OS folder you want to install (in shrink). Then choosing your options you want to remove, then clicking launch loader and then ..

    Does it install the New OS without removing any of the options?
    Or are you not installing a OS and just trying to use shrink to gain memory?

  6. #186
    lyricidal is offline Hybrid Specialist Follow lyricidal On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    PIN
    #PinFriday
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    .1049 hybrid v2
    Posts
    402
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaffanculo403 View Post
    yes. I've tried it on three differant OS versions including .148 from Verizon. I'm using Vista. would that make a difference?
    For Vista users, try running Shrink-A-OS as Administrator (right click it and do so and even if you are Admin) - that usually fixes the issue

    also - for .148 (for example) your Browse box (if you went that route, should read: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.148_P4.0.0.181 - which you seem to have down or the .exe itself has to be in that folder with the checkbox underneath Browse selected
    Last edited by lyricidal; 07-07-2009 at 10:24 PM.
    BlackBerry Hybrids - Check here for the latest hybrids
    Telus 9550 Storm2 running 5.0.0.1015/1049 Hybrid v2 + BBHybrids Tool: Shrink-A-OS
    Follow me on Twitter @theiexplorers

  7. #187
    Vaffanculo403's Avatar
    Vaffanculo403 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    184
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lyricidal View Post
    For Vista users, try running Shrink-A-OS as Administrator (right click it and do so and even if you are Admin) - that usually fixes the issue

    also - for .148 your Browse box (if you went that route, should read: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.148_P4.0.0.181 - which you seem to have down or the .exe itself has to be in that folder with the checkbox underneath Browse selected
    bingo! That worked! Cut my Java folder size in half!!!!

  8. #188
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Wirelessly posted (9530)

    Quote Originally Posted by lyricidal
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaffanculo403 View Post
    yes. I've tried it on three differant OS versions including .148 from Verizon. I'm using Vista. would that make a difference?
    For Vista users, try running Shrink-A-OS as Administrator (right click it and do so and even if you are Admin) - that usually fixes the issue

    also - for .148 (for example) your Browse box (if you went that route, should read: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.148_P4.0.0.181 - which you seem to have down or the .exe itself has to be in that folder with the checkbox underneath Browse selected
    Well there you are I thought you had retired :lmao:

  9. #189
    lyricidal is offline Hybrid Specialist Follow lyricidal On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    PIN
    #PinFriday
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    .1049 hybrid v2
    Posts
    402
    Liked
    7 times
    Updated!
    v3.0.3 - Added Swap My Radio button to avoid confusion
    V3.0.2 - Fixed issue with ringtone shrink some users were having, fixed MsgBox on start-up if you had in the Shrink Dir box checked + 9530 .151 Radio
    BlackBerry Hybrids - Check here for the latest hybrids
    Telus 9550 Storm2 running 5.0.0.1015/1049 Hybrid v2 + BBHybrids Tool: Shrink-A-OS
    Follow me on Twitter @theiexplorers

  10. #190
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lyricidal View Post
    Updated!
    v3.0.3 - Added Swap My Radio button to avoid confusion
    V3.0.2 - Fixed issue with ringtone shrink some users were having, fixed MsgBox on start-up if you had in the Shrink Dir box checked + 9530 .151 Radio
    Thanks Lyricidal as always we appreciate your hard work and dedication :hail:

  11. #191
    lyricidal is offline Hybrid Specialist Follow lyricidal On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    PIN
    #PinFriday
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    .1049 hybrid v2
    Posts
    402
    Liked
    7 times
    Glad to be of service
    just updated
    V3.1 - Fixes to Select All button, Added Default Themes shrink option for 4.5 (4.7 can't remove the default theme), Changed a few looks, Removed some Redundant code
    BlackBerry Hybrids - Check here for the latest hybrids
    Telus 9550 Storm2 running 5.0.0.1015/1049 Hybrid v2 + BBHybrids Tool: Shrink-A-OS
    Follow me on Twitter @theiexplorers

  12. #192
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lyricidal View Post
    Glad to be of service
    just updated
    V3.1 - Fixes to Select All button, Added Default Themes shrink option for 4.5 (4.7 can't remove the default theme), Changed a few looks, Removed some Redundant code
    Lry can you give a quick explanation of what the add all 5.0 files does? I assume it adds in all the working 5.0 files that you have found? Am I correct

  13. #193
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    4 times
    Havent seen this posted, have you thought bout making one for the Tour OS? Or this is universal to all OS's?

  14. #194
    lyricidal is offline Hybrid Specialist Follow lyricidal On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    PIN
    #PinFriday
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    .1049 hybrid v2
    Posts
    402
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Lry can you give a quick explanation of what the add all 5.0 files does? I assume it adds in all the working 5.0 files that you have found? Am I correct
    You are 100% correct

    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler View Post
    Havent seen this posted, have you thought bout making one for the Tour OS? Or this is universal to all OS's?
    I`ve been trying to work on getting this to be more BB universal - as it is now, it is sort of, but there may be some things I might be able to add that are Tour/other BB specific once we see an OS for it (the Tour) and if it is actually needed

    Also, if there are any suggestions, post away!
    I have been looking into an AutoUpdate feature, but it seems a bit advanced (or the one I tried didn`t work properly rather :P)
    Last edited by lyricidal; 07-11-2009 at 08:26 PM.
    BlackBerry Hybrids - Check here for the latest hybrids
    Telus 9550 Storm2 running 5.0.0.1015/1049 Hybrid v2 + BBHybrids Tool: Shrink-A-OS
    Follow me on Twitter @theiexplorers

  15. #195
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lyricidal View Post
    You are 100% correct


    I`ve been trying to work on getting this to be more BB universal - as it is now, it is sort of, but there may be some things I might be able to add that are Tour/other BB specific once we see an OS for it (the Tour) and if it is actually needed
    Thanks Lyr :fing02:

  16. #196
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lyricidal View Post
    You are 100% correct


    I`ve been trying to work on getting this to be more BB universal - as it is now, it is sort of, but there may be some things I might be able to add that are Tour/other BB specific once we see an OS for it (the Tour) and if it is actually needed

    Also, if there are any suggestions, post away!
    I have been looking into an AutoUpdate feature, but it seems a bit advanced (or the one I tried didn`t work properly rather :P)
    Great to hear!! Awesome work! :fing02:

  17. #197
    lyricidal is offline Hybrid Specialist Follow lyricidal On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    PIN
    #PinFriday
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    .1049 hybrid v2
    Posts
    402
    Liked
    7 times
    hate to bump an old topic
    BUT:
    here's a screenshot of the newest Shrink + its proposed change log (most of it is complete, finishing touches/fixes required aswell as adding Gemini/Bold backgrounds, videos, etc. removal)

    Coming to a interweb near you (could always follow me on twitter to be informed of its release)...
    BlackBerry Hybrids - Check here for the latest hybrids
    Telus 9550 Storm2 running 5.0.0.1015/1049 Hybrid v2 + BBHybrids Tool: Shrink-A-OS
    Follow me on Twitter @theiexplorers

  18. #198
    rlervin's Avatar
    rlervin is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow rlervin On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Weber City, Va
    PIN
    310D15AC
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v3.1 .
    Posts
    555
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (Storm 9530)

    Quote Originally Posted by lyricidal
    hate to bump an old topic
    BUT:
    here's a screenshot of the newest Shrink + its proposed change log (most of it is complete, finishing touches/fixes required aswell as adding Gemini/Bold backgrounds, videos, etc. removal)

    Coming to a interweb near you (could always follow me on twitter to be informed of its release)...
    Will this be available from the normal links? What will be the version #?
    OS: Willyboy 95xx v3.1 .580-.734/.743/.758/6.0.0.31 & Shrink-A-OS
    Rules and Guidelines l Help Center

  19. #199
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Very nice Lyr :35: thanks for making a great app that much better

  20. #200
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rlervin View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Storm 9530)



    Will this be available from the normal links? What will be the version #?
    I think from the image, I can tell version 3.5??? Check the lower right hand corner and see if you see the same

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •