Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 41 to 48 of 59

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Posts
    384
    Quote Originally Posted by vader7071 View Post
    can do

    Auto Lock
    BB 4.7 Core App
    BB 4.7 Sys Soft
    BB Applications Center
    BB Attachment Services
    BB Maps
    BB Messenger
    BB S/MIME Support Package
    BBOS
    BrickBreaker
    Browser
    Ascarii
    Docs to GO
    Email Setup App
    MemoPad
    MySpace
    Nav4All
    Phone
    StormSketch
    TwitterBerry
    VCast
    Word Mole
    Yahoo Messenger
    BBOS- delete it, it sucks...lol just playing
    Phone- who needs a phone?

    lol just playing
    its basically what you use and dont use.=...like Klypr was saying what those do, for the most part the rest depends on if u use ut like brick breaker/word mole..etc etc



  2. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    30499B9C
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    ver 113
    Posts
    5
    I installed ver 114 hybrid 3 on our (2) 9530s and all is very well. I particularly like the way the browser is s-o-o-o fast now and that memory recovery is better than any other OS to date. FABULOUS job ... Thank you sincerely for all the hard work. Sincerely appreciate your efforts and sharing results with us of lesser abilities. And no, I will not be jumping on Verizon's new release of ver. 113
    Last edited by Auburn1975; 03-30-2009 at 06:41 PM.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    9530
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by vader7071 View Post
    can do

    Auto Lock - Delete unless you use it
    BB 4.7 Core App - Needed
    BB 4.7 Sys Soft - Needed
    BB Applications Center - Optional (I'd delete it)
    BB Attachment Services - Optional (Only if you need to open all attachments)
    BB Maps - Delete unless you use it
    BB Messenger - Delete unless you use it to chat with other BB owners
    BB S/MIME Support Package - Delete unless you use BES
    BBOS -Needed
    BrickBreaker - Delete unless you play it
    Browser - Needed
    Ascarii
    Docs to GO - Delete unless you need to view MS Office docs
    Email Setup App - Needed for managing BIS and IMAP accounts
    MemoPad - Delete unless you use it
    MySpace - Delete unless you use it
    Nav4All - Delete unless you use it
    Phone - Needed
    StormSketch - Delete unless you use it
    TwitterBerry - Delete unless you use it
    VCast - Delete. Digital music is free after all. Right?
    Word Mole - Delete unless you play it
    Yahoo Messenger - Delete unless you use it
    Give that a go. Delete all the apps you want to and reboot. See how much memory you have after that.



  4. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Blackberry 9530
    OS
    Hybrid v3
    Posts
    4
    no doubt this is the best release yet! I'm on T-Mobile and I just have one request. Could the "EDGE" / "edge" issue please be addressed in the next release? I hear that the .90 version has the stable version of that. Unfortunately, when I download it from this site, I get an installer issue so I can't grab the file from the CDMA folder. Nonetheless, Hybrid v3 is awesome!! Thanks so much for the hard work. it's totally paying off

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpie00 View Post
    no doubt this is the best release yet! I'm on T-Mobile and I just have one request. Could the "EDGE" / "edge" issue please be addressed in the next release? I hear that the .90 version has the stable version of that. Unfortunately, when I download it from this site, I get an installer issue so I can't grab the file from the CDMA folder. Nonetheless, Hybrid v3 is awesome!! Thanks so much for the hard work. it's totally paying off
    .90 sfi file can give you the steady 'EDGE" that you are looking for. The downside is the sfi file is unstable and can cause random reboots and the VSOD. Its a trade off, if you want the solid EDGE, this is a sacrifice you would have to make. But rest assured it is something I am working on.



  6. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Posts
    567
    Originally Posted by vader7071
    can do

    Auto Lock - Delete unless you use it
    BB 4.7 Core App - Needed
    BB 4.7 Sys Soft - Needed
    BB Applications Center - Optional (I'd delete it)
    BB Attachment Services - Optional (Only if you need to open all attachments)
    BB Maps - Delete unless you use it
    BB Messenger - Delete unless you use it to chat with other BB owners
    BB S/MIME Support Package - Delete unless you use BES
    BBOS -Needed
    BrickBreaker - Delete unless you play it
    Browser - Needed
    Ascarii
    Docs to GO - Delete unless you need to view MS Office docs
    Email Setup App - Needed for managing BIS and IMAP accounts
    MemoPad - Delete unless you use it
    MySpace - Delete unless you use it
    Nav4All - Delete unless you use it
    Phone - Needed
    StormSketch - Delete unless you use it
    TwitterBerry - Delete unless you use it
    VCast - Delete. Digital music is free after all. Right?
    Word Mole - Delete unless you play it
    Yahoo Messenger - Delete unless you use it

    I would not recommend removing BB Maps if you use weatherbug as it uses that app for direction, I have found a nice weather app that does not use as much space or memory as weatherbug and almost as nice just not as many bells and whistles, but works well and icon is nice and does not rely on BB Maps
    http://www.tateu.net/software/bb.php?f=BBWeather_alpha

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Coast, CA
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    200
    I'm about to download & install .114 V3 but have a question. I'm currently running .114 V1 but am downloading & installing V3 from a different computer. It says to only downloafd the "megaupload" if u don't already have .114 on your computer, which I don't on this one. But will doing this mess anything up on my phone since I already have V1 on it, or is this just the .114 download from blackberry, like when i did the install of V1? Also, how do I check memory leak, & how my apps are draining the battery?? stupid question, I know, but the only place I see to check this is in options under status, but mine says "file free: 0%" this can't be right, can it? the phone works fine, even faster after the V1 install

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by jpking View Post
    I'm about to download & install .114 V3 but have a question. I'm currently running .114 V1 but am downloading & installing V3 from a different computer. It says to only downloafd the "megaupload" if u don't already have .114 on your computer, which I don't on this one. But will doing this mess anything up on my phone since I already have V1 on it, or is this just the .114 download from blackberry, like when i did the install of V1? Also, how do I check memory leak, & how my apps are draining the battery?? stupid question, I know, but the only place I see to check this is in options under status, but mine says "file free: 0%" this can't be right, can it? the phone works fine, even faster after the V1 install
    You need to download and install the regular .114 to your pc, then unzip the v3 and copy and paste the 144 folder included in the existing one on your pc.

    if you don't get it let us know

    Here are the full instructions from the readme:

    New Installation

    If you are reading this, the file has already been extracted

    1. Download and install the .114.exe OS
    2. Rt click on extracted file 9530-v4.7.0.114_P4.0.0.143
    3. Go to Loader Files (C:/ program files/ common files/ research in motion/ shared/ loader files/ )
    rt click and paste, yes to overwrite
    4. Up 2 levels to C:/ program files/ common files/ research in motion/ apploader/ delete vendor.xml
    5. Same folder double click Loader.exe (looks like a phone)
    6. Yes to downgrade
    7. Back Up
    8. Choose your apps you want installed
    9. Verify installation
    10. Finish

    After install, go to C:/ program files/ common files/ research in motion/ shared/ loader files, rt click on the .114 os
    and "Rename". I would just put an "A" at the end. This will prevent the DM from asking you to update every time you
    connect and eliminate the possibility of you overwriting the Hybrid.
    Last edited by Neolantis; 03-31-2009 at 05:16 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •