Help Picking Hybrid
OK guys heres what I'm looking for. With all these new hybrids I dont know what has what in it lol. I'm looking for threaded sms, flick scrolling, my camera to still work, no random reboots, and if possible my Facebook app to still work, oh and if possible bbm 5.0 but thats not a big deal at all. I'm currently on BBC's .132 v4 lol so PLEASE help me pick a new OS. THANKS
Unfortunately there isn't an OS that is going to get you all of that. You could give the 5.0 hybrid a try though.
What does/doesn't that hybrid have
Wirelessly posted (Storm 9530)
You will not get all thtt in a hybrid..if you can deal with not having a camera then the 5. 0. 0. 0 191 leak is a beast. Otherwise I would go with the 141 leak. Those are far he best is around. If you realky want a hybrid then I like nbcrackmand 8.5
Complete NOOB here....
some background...I have a Telus Tour running the stock OS....
I am a Mac guy, and just switched back to the Dark Side and now.....finally have the option to upgrade...
I really don't understand all the different versions and the differences.....
Nor, do I know how to go about installing them.....
If someone could lead the way with the basic ABC's that would be great... I am not a retard when it comes to this, just kinda confused..
This has been a difficult decision, but after the long awaited, then epic fail of the release of Mac DM by RIM, I have had no choice but to put Windows on my Mac.... LOL
After all, I managed to install Parallels, Vista Premium and some other apps, without putting a single dime into Bill's pocket! LOL
Thanks in advance to whatever help you guys can provide!
Last edited by glockguy; 09-06-2009 at 02:59 AM.
Reason: More info
Is there anything in particular you are looking for help with? Basically, what is it you would like to start off with?
well...I guess...now that I have the new DM for windows, what else do I need? I downloaded the .exe file from hybrids.net....
I would LOVE to keep BBM 5 if possible....
What other software do I need? How do I go about installing the hybrid or leaked OS?
Maybe some other noobs could benefit from an explanation of hybrid vs. OS...
Just really need a step by step.
Which hybrid are you installing? Each hybrid maker should have instructions on installing the software in their forum either as a sticky or in the OP for the hybrid.
Originally Posted by glockguy
But just so I don't leave you high and dry as I head off to bed, here are some general instructions I have.
1. Uninstall all other OS from PC thru add/remove programs, restart PC
2. Download AND install base OS to PC
3. Download the desired hybrid
4. Double click on hybrid installer and follow instructions to install it over base OS. (Follow specific hybrid installation instructions per hybrid maker's recommendations)
5. Back up your phone AND 3rd party apps (click on guide in my signature and there are steps for each process)
6. When back ups all done, wipe your phone with BBSAK (http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/3...nife-beta.html)
7. If you would like to shrink the OS, here is a link to Shrink-A-OS: http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/Shrink-A-OS.rar
8. Delete vendor.xml file in c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader, scroll to the bottom (if you use shrink a OS, it deletes it automatically)
9. Double click on loader.exe or from shrink, click launch loader.exe
10. Wait for it to be finished, then restore everything through Desktop Manager
11. Do 3 60-second battery pulls (pull battery, wait 60seconds, replace battery, wait till phone boots up, repeat total of 3 times)
12. Set everything up the way you like it and enjoy your phone
Is there a possibility that we could do a chat walk through?????? I am still unsure of some of the interim steps....and I am really not sure how to pick what is proper for my phone...
Obviously not tonight...unless you are into it!
Let me know
Last edited by glockguy; 09-06-2009 at 04:02 AM.
A lot of what hybrid a person runs is based off of personal preference. Plus the fact that not all hybrids work the same on a device. Which device do you have and do you have any hybrids in mind?
Originally Posted by glockguy
does the 140 leak have bbm 5.0 and will facebook work?
Originally Posted by P3Designs
Also I heard of problems with flickscrolling in sms and email is this true with the 140?
140 does not come with the BBM5 but it does support it. Flick scrolling is not native to the 140 build, but there are post that give directions on how to get it & it does have problems with the flick scrolling in the email and sms and FS does not work at all in the applications menu. (but that is the trade off)
The social networking apps do not work in the 5.0XX builds (facebook, aim, etc.)
cmross97 - This thread is pertaining to a hybrid question, lets please keep it on topic. Please create your own thread if you wish.
Originally Posted by cmross97
Originally Posted by BlackberryOS
Respectfully this is MY thread and I started it to assist me in picking the best OS leak or hybrid that suits my needs. Thank You
Considering all posts have been related to hybrids there is no need for those comments. When you post a thread on a public forum it is for the benefit of all who might have the same questions.
Now let's continue on topic and help as many members as needed
Tags for this Thread