That's strange as I don't see you showing up in "blue". Wonder if one of the mods needs to update your profile, or maybe it's just me now seeing you active as VIP.
Originally Posted by Brian.Tufo
At any rate, welcome to VIP!!
working good on my phone as of now. my memory is no different then it was on .113 which is odd since i deleted languages and a few other files i will never use. my memory after battery pull was 40.4MB. build seems pretty dang good so far though. thanks again bbcrackman!!!
I'm downloading v3 right now and I am excited.
I'll give feedback either later tonight (going out with the wife) or tomorrow am comparing v3 to 113 which is what I've been running for a few days with success.
Thanks to all
1 week subscribers dont get changed to V.I.P Member in their title.
Originally Posted by statustray
just to clarify a little...i only did a 1 week due to it being the end of my pay period haha. also im new to this site so i wanted to make sure it wasnt as bad at a certain other site has been lately which it is NOT at all. to make a dull story more interesting i will be getting a bigger VIP VERY SOON!!! this site is night and day to the other one!!!
Originally Posted by BlackberryOS
anyone with v3 i have a quick question. my memory as stated before (which got lost due to useless posts) started at 40ishMB after my initial battery pull. it has moved all the way down to 32MB in a matter of 15 minutes just sitting locked. i will then do something on the phone and close it when done like always and it goes back to 34MB. is it odd that it is dropping 8MB just sitting locked on my couch? i understand it will gain again once you close an APP. also i had deleted the locked images when i loaded .113. v3 has them gone as well and i also deleted the languages i wont ever use which was roughly 3MB. why is it that .113 started me at 40MB and with more MB deleted with v3 it still starts me out at 40MB? i see people above the 50's and im not even close.
again i know memory doesnt mean much unless it goes way down to like 4MB im just curious is all...trying to learn a bit more
Well, there are some things you can do to keep your memory up.
1. only have one theme installed, if any. I dont use one.
2. The less apps the better
3. Click on the BB button and make sure there are no apps running.
4. disable memory cleaner from options > security options
5. go to application center and disable "auto refresh list"
6. battery pull
thanks for the welcome!
Originally Posted by pupp3t
1. only have stock theme
2. i have a few games (brick,mole,parking lot, and useless apps like fart,tazer,saber,shotfun,level,etc) also have weatherbug
3.always do that im overly paranoid haha
4.will check on
6. will do also have quickpull but i tried to have it do it at 1am and it wouldnt due to the phone being locked. i guess i have to get out of the habit of locking it when i go to bed.
v3 Finding after 2 hours
Here are my initial impressions after using v3 for about 2 hours (compared to v2, v1 and 113):
1. Smoother transitions from program to program
2. Browser is lightning fast
3. No keyboard lag when typing or when typing in the browser
4. MMS - no issues
5. Camera is amazing, much better than anything before
6. Memory is quite good. Started off at 45mb holding steady at 40.5mb
Will report back on battery life and memory after giving it a full 24 hours. So far so good. Thanks again crackman for the awesome hybrid.
Tags for this Thread