Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 25 to 32 of 32

  1. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by quiet1 View Post
    lol well think of it like this, and i say this to everyone who relates age to eye sight and hearing, now a days all the younger generation do is stare at computer screens then tv's then cell phones and ear buds pushed into the ears, i'm not talking about headphones but ear buds. So I see it like this, in about 15yrs the old and the young r going to have the same eye sight, and same hearing... it'll all even itself out..hahahah
    Damn fine point :lmao:



  2. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    117
    okay my first attempt at installing .191 was FUBAR! Im trying again now...when you guys say you installed the os and did shrunk it..you mean you installed it straight up and then what? Hooked the phone back up opened Shrink took what you wanted out and ran the loader from within shrink?

  3. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boynton Beach,FL
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .713 based Hybrid
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by curtcrack88 View Post
    okay my first attempt at installing .191 was FUBAR! Im trying again now...when you guys say you installed the os and did shrunk it..you mean you installed it straight up and then what? Hooked the phone back up opened Shrink took what you wanted out and ran the loader from within shrink?
    Exactly, I waited a day or so then ran shrink and launched the app loader from shrink and for the most part all it is doing is updating the core applications by removing the items you included within Shrink an OS. It didn't run a full OS install again, only took a few minutes, in fact I removed a few small apps that I never used at the same time since all I had to do was check them off.



  4. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    117
    aright thanks im about to give it another try, i uninstalled and reinstalled .191, right now im uninstalling 5.0 dm and im gonna install 5.0.1 dm and i also upgraded to the 3.9Shrink...should be good right?

    Any suggestions of what not to shrink would be great also..thanks a lot

  5. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    9630 Tour
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    25
    It ran fine for me on vista and seems to work fine on win 7.



  6. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boynton Beach,FL
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .713 based Hybrid
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by curtcrack88 View Post
    aright thanks im about to give it another try, i uninstalled and reinstalled .191, right now im uninstalling 5.0 dm and im gonna install 5.0.1 dm and i also upgraded to the 3.9Shrink...should be good right?

    Any suggestions of what not to shrink would be great also..thanks a lot
    That sounds right, now I used 3.7 since that was the latest at the time last week. The newest has "Attachment Service" removed which seemed to be the kulprit at that time.

    I removed everything but : Blackberry Messenger, Attachment Service, Blackberry Maps, Default Fonts and Default Themes.

    Now anything that you do use that is included on the Shrink an OS should not be checked off, those were just my own preferences.

  7. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm5150 View Post
    That sounds right, now I used 3.7 since that was the latest at the time last week. The newest has "Attachment Service" removed which seemed to be the kulprit at that time.

    I removed everything but : Blackberry Messenger, Attachment Service, Blackberry Maps, Default Fonts and Default Themes.

    Now anything that you do use that is included on the Shrink an OS should not be checked off, those were just my own preferences.

    right right, thanks 5150 youve been a big help all day, gotta close out all this stuff now to try..bbl with my findings...wish me luck

  8. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boynton Beach,FL
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .713 based Hybrid
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by curtcrack88 View Post
    right right, thanks 5150 youve been a big help all day, gotta close out all this stuff now to try..bbl with my findings...wish me luck
    Fingers crossed but It'll work just fine, enjoy!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •