Restore BBM contacts
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Restore BBM contacts

  1. #1
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times

    Restore BBM contacts

    i have my 4.7 BBM loaded on .191...to get my contacts back do i have to go to a backup when i was running 4.7bbm or can i use a backup from when i was running 5.0bbm?




  2. #2
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i have my 4.7 BBM loaded on .191...to get my contacts back do i have to go to a backup when i was running 4.7bbm or can i use a backup from when i was running 5.0bbm?

    it can be from 5.0

  3. #3
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    it can be from 5.0
    i can't seem to locate them...DM>backup/restore>advanced...open up a backup and cannot find the bbm contacts. what am i missing?

  4. #4
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i can't seem to locate them...DM>backup/restore>advanced...open up a backup and cannot find the bbm contacts. what am i missing?
    just restore contacts, i think, i did a full restore

  5. #5
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i can't seem to locate them...DM>backup/restore>advanced...open up a backup and cannot find the bbm contacts. what am i missing?
    Don't look for BBM contacts, just use the BlackBerry Messenger backup and the contacts are in there along with your other settings.

  6. #6
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    Don't look for BBM contacts, just use the BlackBerry Messenger backup and the contacts are in there along with your other settings.
    bingo..thanks,i saw the 1 record and was thinking it was 1 contact.thanks again....and thanks j

  7. #7
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    bingo..thanks,i saw the 1 record and was thinking it was 1 contact.thanks again....and thanks j
    lol no prob.. i am beat from the camera thing lol...

  8. #8
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    bingo..thanks,i saw the 1 record and was thinking it was 1 contact.thanks again....and thanks j
    Always happy to help, glad you got it

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •