09-01-2009, 07:02 AM
It seems for me that this release is just to buggy for now I like the stability of the Hybrids and will wait for the next creation..........
09-01-2009, 07:28 AM
I've been thru most of these pages & I haven't seen any mention this. I downgraded back .151/hybrid & noticed that the yahoo messenger I was using was 2.5 compared to the 2.2 I'm now running with .151. It looked a little polished while I was using it on .191 but paid no attention to it until I was about to downgrade & checked to see if there was a difference. Has anyone tried to get 2.5 working on .151? If that's possible.
Last edited by BDRAGON; 09-01-2009 at 07:36 AM.
09-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by xwera43
X, That was a good find. I am running .140, checked mine , I also have that feature. Thanks,
09-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Is it possible to seperate SMS messages? It now shows all alerts in the same message i.e. Sports scores, news and weather. They are all VZW alerts so I imagine that is the reason. The only way I can think of doing this is to delete every alert as it comes in but I would rather not.
Could it be that I have Verizon Alert as a contact?
09-01-2009, 09:31 AM
do you have your sms separated from your messages?
Originally Posted by berrybreaker
messages>options>general options>sms and email inboxes> separate
09-01-2009, 09:42 AM
That would seperate the emails and SMS messages not the messages themselves. I'm trying to seperate the weather and sports type of alerts from Verizon. Thanks though.
Originally Posted by Laney
09-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Seems like there are too many issues popping up for this OS. That being said do we have a .2xx watch thread going? I'm wearing out my F5 button. :aargh4:
Last edited by soupmeister; 09-01-2009 at 10:41 AM.
09-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Here are my observations after updating last night. I updated from .151.
- Clock and manage connections from the main screen by clicking on the time or signal strength
- 3G instead of IXEV or whatever it used to be, I forgot already.
- Flick Scroll: I guess it's neat, I don't see what all the hype is about. The scrolling that we had all along is more IPhone'ish now. Thats it right? Am I missing something? There are other effects as well. 151 had some of these.
- PopUp Keys: You can enable this in screen/keyboard (and set delay to 0) and it shows you what key you're pressing like an IPhone. I had not seen this mentioned before.
- Browser: Mucho faster
- Camera and Video: Busted as you know
- YIM: Works OK but from the main screen with only one row of icons it looks like it's logged out. Hitting the berry key or rotation to landscape to see all apps and the icon looks like its logged in. Similar to what others are saying about their weather apps not showing the temp from the main screen.
- Volume: Excessively loud!
- Media player: Does not play all the videos I could play before. It only plays sound on about half. I was hoping codec support would be broader in 5.0 allowing more videos to be played. Also, it caches the names of the videos I play, even if they are in a hidden directory. This was not the case before.
- Files: There is now a "Files" app in the applications folder. Not really sure what its for.
- Application Center hates life. 404 error.
- Application World seems to be gone although I know I saw it reload the app during the update process.
- Applications are categorized now
- YouMail works
- Google Maps works fine for me.
I'm on the fence about keeping it...
09-01-2009, 01:03 PM
The flick scrolling, threaded sms, bbm working, and speed are probably the only reasons ive kept this. i like the feel of this overall. i have 300+ contacts and 1100+ songs on my storm, so flick scrolling is a must. it just makes life better. im also an super texter, so the threaded makes things so much easier. bbm is the only way to contact some people so thats also needed. not havin aim i can get by since i have texting set up on it so people can get @ me when im offline newayz. Facebok, i do need that back lol.. i need 1.7 to drop right now lol.. please....
Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
the popup keys are another favorite of mine 2, better feeling when typin, and can c wut i typed.
one thing wit the music, is that the random muting is back but differently, like once i start a playlist with a head phone jack plugged in, and listen to the first song straight thru, the next songs will b muted until i pause then play it again.. weird but ill live for the moment.. but there isnt much that makes me hate this build..
not havin a camera is fine for now, since i carry my regular digital camera around wit me in my bookbag newayz..
once FB 1.7 comes out.. i can see more people jumpin back over to the dark side with me.. and if a camera fix is ever managed (which i doubt since its apart of the sfi.. ) then there wouldnt really be a reason to not have it..
09-01-2009, 01:06 PM
I just installed this the other day! Sorry got a lot of things going on at once lately so I havent been able to jump on as much as I used too.
Anyways I got to say Im impressed with 184.108.40.206 so far so good. But curious does anyone know if there are any themes compatible with the OS?
09-01-2009, 01:09 PM
to my knowledge.. all themes work with this build.. i havent had a prob with ne of them. even ones that didnt work on previous ones..
Originally Posted by Johnny-5
09-01-2009, 01:34 PM
That is exactly what I wanted to hear! Thanks!!!
Originally Posted by liljp41
09-01-2009, 03:47 PM
If I understand you correctly, you are describing the concept of threaded messaging and I don't think you can seperate them without getting rid of the threaded SMS. It combines all SMS's from the same person (ie. VZW in this case), I don't think it is possible to seperate those based on the subject of the SMS/Alert.
Originally Posted by berrybreaker
I don't think it matters if they are a contact or not. My youmail missed calls alerts all get threaded together, and I do not have it as a contact.
09-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Did anyone else notice when doing the camera quickpull, its pretty quick, by the way my quickpull isn't working, it was the free one, anyone else having error problems with quickpull
09-01-2009, 04:17 PM
I have not used it but I did hear of someone figuring out a workaround. Let me see if I can find that.
Originally Posted by gatewayad
09-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Yeah, it's called camera instead of Quickpull now!!:evil: Sorry, had to do it.
Originally Posted by jlevy73
09-01-2009, 04:51 PM
LMAO. You don't know how many times I did that until I removed the camera as my right convenience key.
Originally Posted by Goldwinger
09-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Wirelessly posted (STORM 9530)
I'd becarefull with the camera QuickPull. Someone had said they think that to many resets from accessing the camera in 191 resulted in actual hardware issues.
09-01-2009, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't be surprised, that is why I removed it from my convenience key.
Originally Posted by medic0906
09-01-2009, 05:42 PM
I set my conv. key is set to BBM I reset the phone a lot on accident... "Oh awesome lookin sky, here ill take a pic....damn"
Originally Posted by jlevy73
Tags for this Thread