Which Hybrid should I install?
I had 22.214.171.124 installed for about 2-3 weeks and just could not stand the reboots. I am currently downgrading to 126.96.36.199 so I can go out tonight with a phone. But I am strongly considering installing one of the OSes... Which one do you guys recommend and why? Also, since I have never used a hybrid OS if you have any tips or pointers they are much appreciated! Thanks!
I personally would recommend V8.5 for the following reasons
Originally Posted by bbprintz215
-BBC's hybrid have been the only ones that worked for my Storm in the sense where I knew my phone would not be prone to random reboots.
-most all apps will work on 8.5
- Most all the 8.5 finding and fixes are located here on BBOS and not spread around the web. So if something does not work you won't need to jump around the web looking for answers.
- And as always every storm is different so what worked best for me might not be the same for you
As far as installing a hybrid I always did the following steps
-back up phone and 3rd party apps
-wipe phone with BBSAK
- delete all other OS's off your pc and then navigate to c-program files-common files-research in motion-shared-loader filers and make sure that folder is empty
-load fresh .151 (base os) onto pc
-install V8.5 on top of .151
-Delete your vendor file and use app loader to install to phone
Hope that helps
How do you install the hybrid? v8.5. I did Lyricidal's hybrid now i want to try the crackman V8.5.
Last edited by rolngsr; 08-28-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Welcome to BBOS.
Originally Posted by rolngsr
1. Uninstall all other OS from PC thru add/remove programs, restart PC
2. Download AND install base OS to PC
3. Download the desired hybrid
4. Double click on hybrid installer and follow instructions to install it over base OS. (Follow specific hybrid installation instructions per hybrid maker's recommendations)
5. Back up your phone AND 3rd party apps (click on guide in my signature and there are steps for each process)
6. When back ups all done, wipe your phone with BBSAK (http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/3...nife-beta.html)
7. If you would like to shrink the OS, here is a link to Shrink-A-OS: http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/Shrink-A-OS.rar
8. Delete vendor.xml file in c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader, scroll to the bottom (if you use shrink a OS, it deletes it automatically)
9. Double click on loader.exe or from shrink, click launch loader.exe
10. Wait for it to be finished, then restore everything through Desktop Manager
11. Do 3 60-second battery pulls (pull battery, wait 60seconds, replace battery, wait till phone boots up, repeat total of 3 times)
12. Set everything up the way you like it and enjoy your phone
Originally Posted by bbprintz215
+1 to Bryan's post. BBC, Lyricidal, and OOAK, all make great hybrids (those are the only three hybrid makers I have tried), but personally BBC's work the best for my phone. And as all BB users know every phone is different. Bryan makes all very good points as to why I like BBC's better as well. Installing BBC's hybrids are super easy too, he always uses a self installer to put the hybrid files in the right place.
Originally Posted by Bryan
BBCMAN 's V8.5 Hybrid..The Absolute best Hybrid OS . No flaws at all..no reboots and lightning fast system...
Oh yea that's a HUGE plus too. I've had v8 and then v8.5 on my phone since they were released to VIP's. In those three weeks I have had NO random reboots. I have only rebooted my phone manually 3 times just to remove/install some apps. No reboot at all in 4 days (had to install Berryscroll...lol). Memory holds strong with this too. Boot up at 49 MB and after 4 days am at 41 MB.
Originally Posted by Prince Jah
BBCs seem to work best for me, too. OOaKPC was pretty good, but BBC's ran just a bit smoother for me. Just get comfortable with the process and try them all until you find one you're happy with. By the time you've got everything working the way you want it to, one of the Hybrid makers will probably have a sweet new hybrid, anyways!
Tags for this Thread