Oneofakinddpc 5.0 beta tester report findings here. - Page 13
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 359

Thread: Oneofakinddpc 5.0 beta tester report findings here.

  1. #241
    sezaro21's Avatar
    sezaro21 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Palm Coast, Florida
    PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Posts
    209
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RANDYRKELLY View Post
    check op
    Hate to ask a dumb question but will that link be the most up to dtae with all the new .191 files?




  2. #242
    mattyg151's Avatar
    mattyg151 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow mattyg151 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    PIN
    Keeps changing plz ask
    Device
    9700 / 9630 / 9550 / 9530
    Posts
    34
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sezaro21 View Post
    Hate to ask a dumb question but will that link be the most up to dtae with all the new .191 files?
    the link is updated with the 191 files ... if you grabbed it before make sure to refresh and if using IE may even have to clear cache. you can always check in loader by clicking on core apps/system software, then the details button, then the modules tab to make sure you see 191 files in there.

  3. #243
    markdental's Avatar
    markdental is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    285
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sezaro21 View Post
    Hate to ask a dumb question but will that link be the most up to dtae with all the new .191 files?
    Yes, this includes 125 .191 files

  4. #244
    sbain1's Avatar
    sbain1 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow sbain1 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    PIN
    306E23D1
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    81
    Liked
    0 times

    Arrow

    Here's what I would like to see from Hybrid makers (once you release).

    I would like to see a "table" format of comparisons. I really think that would be very helpful to those of us trying to decide whether to use the hybrid or not.

    (Sorry if this seems like too much work, but man it would help).

    Example:

    Function.........5.0.0.140......|...5.0.0.191..... |...My Hybrid

    Camera.......Yes (no zoom)............No.............Yes (Perfectly)
    Themes..............No...............Yes (some)........Yes (all)

    And so on through the functions.
    Well, something like that anyway..just a thought
    Sorry about all the dots, couldn't figure out how to do tables here with lines

    Anyway, once the original table is created with all the functions, all that would need to be done is to fill in the blanks with the new hybrid.

    What do you think

  5. #245
    markdental's Avatar
    markdental is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    285
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sbain1 View Post
    Here's what I would like to see from Hybrid makers (once you release).

    I would like to see a "table" format of comparisons. I really think that would be very helpful to those of us trying to decide whether to use the hybrid or not.

    (Sorry if this seems like too much work, but man it would help).

    Example:

    Function.........5.0.0.140......|...5.0.0.191..... |...My Hybrid

    Camera.......Yes (no zoom)............No.............Yes (Perfectly)
    Themes..............No...............Yes (some)........Yes (all)

    And so on through the functions.
    Well, something like that anyway..just a thought
    Sorry about all the dots, couldn't figure out how to do tables here with lines

    Anyway, once the original table is created with all the functions, all that would need to be done is to fill in the blanks with the new hybrid.

    What do you think
    Maybe after they are done with that table they can wash your cat and iron your jeans. j/k

  6. #246
    Storm5150's Avatar
    Storm5150 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Storm5150 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boynton Beach,FL
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .713 based Hybrid
    Posts
    446
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sbain1 View Post
    Here's what I would like to see from Hybrid makers (once you release).

    I would like to see a "table" format of comparisons. I really think that would be very helpful to those of us trying to decide whether to use the hybrid or not.

    (Sorry if this seems like too much work, but man it would help).

    Example:

    Function.........5.0.0.140......|...5.0.0.191..... |...My Hybrid

    Camera.......Yes (no zoom)............No.............Yes (Perfectly)
    Themes..............No...............Yes (some)........Yes (all)

    And so on through the functions.
    Well, something like that anyway..just a thought
    Sorry about all the dots, couldn't figure out how to do tables here with lines

    Anyway, once the original table is created with all the functions, all that would need to be done is to fill in the blanks with the new hybrid.

    What do you think
    Sounds like a great idea and would greatly reduce the length of the threads related to the hybrid with everyone asking the same questions over and over because there are too many pages to sifft through. Good Idea :fing02:
    When in doubt, pull the battery out!

  7. #247
    sbain1's Avatar
    sbain1 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow sbain1 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    PIN
    306E23D1
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    81
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markdental View Post
    Maybe after they are done with that table they can wash your cat and iron your jeans. j/k
    Just the cat please :laugh2:

  8. #248
    Thanontos is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    9530
    OS
    Lyricidals 6v9
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    0 times
    I have some comparison set up at CB. It has a lot of latest OS's for the 9530 with pro's and cons as well as other useful information. Here is the link if you want to check it out.
    INFO: Choosing an OS to fit your needs! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

    I like the table Idea though, seems a lot cleaner.

  9. #249
    brookj1986's Avatar
    brookj1986 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow brookj1986 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey.
    Device
    Storm 9530 (Verizon)
    OS
    who knows... it's been changing a bunch lately
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh yeah... The one other thing i noticed that this hybrid doesn't have that .191 does: Enhanced gmail ability. From the start of .191 it uses Enhanced gmail without needing to download or install it. It would be nice to see that become native to this hybrid, though not necessary.
    Apps: AddOnis, CopyAll, QuickLaunch, Slacker Radio, BeeTagg, SmrtGuard, GoogleSync
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #250
    Storm5150's Avatar
    Storm5150 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Storm5150 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boynton Beach,FL
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .713 based Hybrid
    Posts
    446
    Liked
    0 times
    Did the keypad problem in the phone get resolved with this version? The one where the keys were not responding until you pressed them several times for phone calls with prompts (ex. press 1 for english, etc.)
    When in doubt, pull the battery out!

  11. #251
    brookj1986's Avatar
    brookj1986 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow brookj1986 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey.
    Device
    Storm 9530 (Verizon)
    OS
    who knows... it's been changing a bunch lately
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm5150 View Post
    Did the keypad problem in the phone get resolved with this version? The one where the keys were not responding until you pressed them several times for phone calls with prompts (ex. press 1 for english, etc.)
    Nope, this issue has not been rectified yet. Good call, I didn't even check that part yet! But that is another issue that must be fixed!
    Apps: AddOnis, CopyAll, QuickLaunch, Slacker Radio, BeeTagg, SmrtGuard, GoogleSync
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  12. #252
    cicciav's Avatar
    cicciav is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow cicciav On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GA
    PIN
    305D8B07
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    39
    Liked
    0 times
    hmmmm... wonder if I can just load that file onto my existing .140 phone to add flick scroll then? I can't do the full hybrid until tonight

  13. #253
    mattyg151's Avatar
    mattyg151 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow mattyg151 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    PIN
    Keeps changing plz ask
    Device
    9700 / 9630 / 9550 / 9530
    Posts
    34
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by sbain1
    Quote Originally Posted by markdental View Post
    Maybe after they are done with that table they can wash your cat and iron your jeans. j/k
    Just the cat please :laugh2:
    Hahahahaha

  14. #254
    mattyg151's Avatar
    mattyg151 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow mattyg151 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    PIN
    Keeps changing plz ask
    Device
    9700 / 9630 / 9550 / 9530
    Posts
    34
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by brookj1986
    Oh yeah... The one other thing i noticed that this hybrid doesn't have that .191 does: Enhanced gmail ability. From the start of .191 it uses Enhanced gmail without needing to download or install it. It would be nice to see that become native to this hybrid, though not necessary.
    Enhanced Gmail was on mine but I rolled back from 191

  15. #255
    mattyg151's Avatar
    mattyg151 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow mattyg151 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    PIN
    Keeps changing plz ask
    Device
    9700 / 9630 / 9550 / 9530
    Posts
    34
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by cicciav
    hmmmm... wonder if I can just load that file onto my existing .140 phone to add flick scroll then? I can't do the full hybrid until tonight
    Should be able to do that

  16. #256
    sezaro21's Avatar
    sezaro21 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Palm Coast, Florida
    PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Posts
    209
    Liked
    1 times
    I've heard that the .191 radio is much better then the .14 radio. If so, why is this hybrid not using that radio?

  17. #257
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sezaro21 View Post
    I've heard that the .191 radio is much better then the .14 radio. If so, why is this hybrid not using that radio?
    Compatibility issues most likely.

  18. #258
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sezaro21 View Post
    I've heard that the .191 radio is much better then the .14 radio. If so, why is this hybrid not using that radio?
    I'm not sure to be honest with you, but a large part could be compatibility issues.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  19. #259
    porkrind's Avatar
    porkrind is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    LA-Lower Alabama
    Device
    Droid Incredible
    Posts
    314
    Liked
    0 times
    Doin batt pulls and crossin fingers!
    From my experience, the problem is usually what you think isn't the problem...NEOLANTIS

  20. #260
    Thanontos is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    9530
    OS
    Lyricidals 6v9
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    I'm not sure to be honest with you, but a large part could be compatibility issues.
    Im not 100% on this so someone correct me if im wrong, but I think by using the .191 radio you will lose the camera function also.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •