v8.5 findings and fixes - Page 9
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 244

Thread: v8.5 findings and fixes

  1. #161
    cmorty72's Avatar
    cmorty72 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cmorty72 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a dirty dust bowl in the SW
    PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P
    Posts
    176
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    good luck and make sure you report back.
    Will do!




  2. #162
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Quote Originally Posted by cmorty72
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    good luck and make sure you report back.
    Will do!
    How did you delete the previous OS? Did you uninstall it then go to where the file was and delete it from there and then empty the trash?

  3. #163
    cmorty72's Avatar
    cmorty72 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cmorty72 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a dirty dust bowl in the SW
    PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P
    Posts
    176
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)



    How did you delete the previous OS? Did you uninstall it then go to where the file was and delete it from there and then empty the trash?
    Yep.
    Did all that, and yet again I still get platform 181.
    Wierd.
    Let me try something....

  4. #164
    cmorty72's Avatar
    cmorty72 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cmorty72 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a dirty dust bowl in the SW
    PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P
    Posts
    176
    Liked
    0 times

    Question

    o.k....
    I've done everything as mentioned by everyone on this thread... and still no joy.
    Platform .181 is still being shown instead of platform .186.

    This is very odd indeed.

    I even went as far as to do a complete wipe with JLCmdr... installed without shrinking the O.S., and I still can't seem to get platform .186.

    Anyone have any ideas???

  5. #165
    sandman1987's Avatar
    sandman1987 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Storm 9530/Moto Droid
    OS
    BBC v10
    Posts
    173
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by billr View Post
    Ok.... It's working now. I'm not sure what I did that fixed it, but for future reference, here's what I did:

    1. Download fresh copies of 151 and v8.5 (file sizes were identical to what I had before)
    2. Remove 151 using Add/Remove Programs
    3. Install 151 then v8.5; delete vendor.xml file
    4. Wipe device using BBSAK
    5. Install OS using loader.exe (did not include 3rd party apps)
    5.5. verified Ring Tones menu worked
    6. After OS loads, do the three battery pulls
    7. Install 3rd party apps using loader.exe
    7.5. verified Ring Tones menu still worked
    8. Start DM and let it do the Enterprise activation
    8.5. verified Ring Tones menu still works
    9. One last battery pull

    All seems to be working fine now. My guess is, it was loading the 3rd party apps later that fixed it.
    Glad you got it working again! It could be the 3rd party loading, but I always load mine at the same time and have never had an issue. The fresh d/l combined with the 3rd party load after prob fixed it for you, but the important thing is that it is fixed!

  6. #166
    sandman1987's Avatar
    sandman1987 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Storm 9530/Moto Droid
    OS
    BBC v10
    Posts
    173
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cmorty72 View Post
    o.k....
    I've done everything as mentioned by everyone on this thread... and still no joy.
    Platform .181 is still being shown instead of platform .186.

    This is very odd indeed.

    I even went as far as to do a complete wipe with JLCmdr... installed without shrinking the O.S., and I still can't seem to get platform .186.

    Anyone have any ideas???
    Platform .181 is for the .148 radio code and BBC's v7 for .151 used that and had the platform .181....the only thing I can think of is when you downloaded 8.5 something got you linked to a different hybrid. I would uninstall the OS from your PC and re-download a new copy of v8.5 here. Then install .151 again and then install this new download of 8.5 over that. Load on your phone and see if that fixes it. Good luck.

  7. #167
    cmorty72's Avatar
    cmorty72 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cmorty72 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a dirty dust bowl in the SW
    PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P
    Posts
    176
    Liked
    0 times

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by sandman1987 View Post
    Platform .181 is for the .148 radio code and BBC's v7 for .151 used that and had the platform .181....the only thing I can think of is when you downloaded 8.5 something got you linked to a different hybrid. I would uninstall the OS from your PC and re-download a new copy of v8.5 here. Then install .151 again and then install this new download of 8.5 over that. Load on your phone and see if that fixes it. Good luck.
    Done everything that has been suggested on this thread... and I still keep getting .181 for my frickin platform!!! (wtf?)

    This is really driving me nuts!!!

  8. #168
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cmorty72 View Post
    Done everything that has been suggested on this thread... and I still keep getting .181 for my frickin platform!!! (wtf?)

    This is really driving me nuts!!!
    go to program files>common files>RIM>shared>loader files....makes sure that you have uninstalled your previous version. If, you have not uninstalled it then you could be having problems from that.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  9. #169
    cmorty72's Avatar
    cmorty72 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cmorty72 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a dirty dust bowl in the SW
    PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P
    Posts
    176
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    go to program files>common files>RIM>shared>loader files....makes sure that you have uninstalled your previous version. If, you have not uninstalled it then you could be having problems from that.
    Did that from the get go... still have the issue of the .181 platform.

  10. #170
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cmorty72 View Post
    Did that from the get go... still have the issue of the .181 platform.
    You may just need to uninstall and install again. That platform should not be an issue, but it is. I am sure you are frustrated, but be patient and it will work itself out.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  11. #171
    cmorty72's Avatar
    cmorty72 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cmorty72 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a dirty dust bowl in the SW
    PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P
    Posts
    176
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    You may just need to uninstall and install again. That platform should not be an issue, but it is. I am sure you are frustrated, but be patient and it will work itself out.
    I've been very patient... and yes, I'm just a tad bit frustrated.... just a little.:1244:

  12. #172
    cmorty72's Avatar
    cmorty72 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cmorty72 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a dirty dust bowl in the SW
    PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P
    Posts
    176
    Liked
    0 times

    Wink

    Well wuddayaknow...
    After a couple of wipes (using JLCmdr, and giving BBSAK a shot.... great app by the way), and uninstalling/reinstalling .151 and BBC V.8.5 a couple of times, as well...
    My Storm decided to allow platform .186.

    What a PITA!

    I hope the Storm2 isn't as temperamental as my Storm1 is.:chairshot:

  13. #173
    clive is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    India
    Device
    9860
    OS
    7.0.205
    Carrier
    Vodafone
    Posts
    90
    Liked
    24 times
    Hi
    Can someone comment on Battery life with V8.5. I am running .151 & my battery needs to be charged every 4-6 hrs..I read that with os 5.x, battery life has trebled but I need the camera
    So I am willing to goto v8.5 if this improves Batery life..PL let me know asap so I can do the upgrade tonight itself.
    Cheers!!!!

  14. #174
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by clive View Post
    Hi
    Can someone comment on Battery life with V8.5. I am running .151 & my battery needs to be charged every 4-6 hrs..I read that with os 5.x, battery life has trebled but I need the camera
    So I am willing to goto v8.5 if this improves Batery life..PL let me know asap so I can do the upgrade tonight itself.
    Cheers!!!!
    with the v8.5 battery life should be good. There are some 5.0 files in there, but I am not sure which one affects battery life. the new 5.0xxx have a lot of bugs. I say be patient and wait for the next hybrid. You may also be running some programs that are draining your battery. What 3rd party apps are you running?
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  15. #175
    clive is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    India
    Device
    9860
    OS
    7.0.205
    Carrier
    Vodafone
    Posts
    90
    Liked
    24 times
    Actually it will help if somone can post the 2 set of files for swapping. The prcess shoudl work like this :-
    1. Install OS .151
    2. Unrar the folder posted in the correct dir.
    3. Wipe device
    4. Fire apploader to load OS

    Now can someone pl post teh reqd files of radio etc to overwrite 151 files pls
    Thanks in adv

  16. #176
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by clive View Post
    Actually it will help if somone can post the 2 set of files for swapping. The prcess shoudl work like this :-
    1. Install OS .151
    2. Unrar the folder posted in the correct dir.
    3. Wipe device
    4. Fire apploader to load OS

    Now can someone pl post teh reqd files of radio etc to overwrite 151 files pls
    Thanks in adv

    1. Install .151 OS
    2. Back Up Phone
    3. Wipe Phone
    4. Install BBC 8.5v ontop of .151 OS
    5. Run Loaderer.exe

    and you should be good to go.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  17. #177
    cmorty72's Avatar
    cmorty72 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cmorty72 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a dirty dust bowl in the SW
    PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P
    Posts
    176
    Liked
    0 times

    Thumbs up

    Really liking V.8.5!
    By far the best battery and memory yet.
    Just did a test with my Storm's memory, by loading some memory hungry apps, as well as couple of themes to top it off (viigo, BB App World, YouMail Pro, QuickPullPro, B Weather, Poynt, Where, TellMe, Vlingo, QuickLaunch, MeterBerry, Trapster, BBMessenger, Buzzd, Travel Genius, VCast SongID, Slacker, Pandora, PattenLock, iBeFarting, LaunchPad, BBRobotSched., Candi, Berry Weather Dark, Grantberry Pop Up (Green & Original), Xune, SideKick, and Slideberry Zoom)... and after four hours, my memory is holding strong at 47!!!!:hail:

    Great Job!!

  18. #178
    Oobie's Avatar
    Oobie is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SC
    PIN
    3062CBE3
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    BBCM V 8.5
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a question to see if anyone is having this issue as well. When I set a background image on my home screen it doesn't resize it to fit the screen. It makes it oversized. Unlike when you view the picture in the media section. I can post a picture up if anyone needs to see what Im talking about. I went ahead and posted 2 pictures so you can see my dileema.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails v8.5 findings and fixes-capture20_55_44.jpg   v8.5 findings and fixes-capture20_56_26.jpg  
    Last edited by Oobie; 09-02-2009 at 09:01 PM.

  19. #179
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Quote Originally Posted by Oobie
    I have a question to see if anyone is having this issue as well. When I set a background image on my home screen it doesn't resize it to fit the screen. It makes it oversized. Unlike when you view the picture in the media section. I can post a picture up if anyone needs to see what Im talking about.
    No picture needed... I know exactly what your talkin about... Couple of questions... Are the pictures your tryin to use, something that you dl or something you took a pic of?

  20. #180
    Oobie's Avatar
    Oobie is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SC
    PIN
    3062CBE3
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    BBCM V 8.5
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    0 times
    I took the pictures from the phone.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •