Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 129 to 136 of 244

  1. #129
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Lyridical 6.6
    Posts
    6
    I already installed v8.5 and like it alot however im a bit upset since pandora and slacker dont play too well with 151 and also im having trouble sending and receiving mms. would i be able to install 8.5 on top of the 148 installer?



  2. #130
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Storm 9530/Moto Droid
    OS
    BBC v10
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Italysfinest327 View Post
    I already installed v8.5 and like it alot however im a bit upset since pandora and slacker dont play too well with 151 and also im having trouble sending and receiving mms. would i be able to install 8.5 on top of the 148 installer?
    I don't know for sure, but I don't think that will work because the 8.5 will overwrite the files and replace them with the .151. Back a few posts in this thread Tommy did a swap and replaced the .151 radio with the radio from .132, and that seemed to work for him. There are others that have done it as well. You will have to change the .cod files that are listed in the posts above in order to get it to play nice with 8.5 though.

  3. #131
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by Italysfinest327 View Post
    I already installed v8.5 and like it alot however im a bit upset since pandora and slacker dont play too well with 151 and also im having trouble sending and receiving mms. would i be able to install 8.5 on top of the 148 installer?
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman1987 View Post
    I don't know for sure, but I don't think that will work because the 8.5 will overwrite the files and replace them with the .151. Back a few posts in this thread Tommy did a swap and replaced the .151 radio with the radio from .132, and that seemed to work for him. There are others that have done it as well. You will have to change the .cod files that are listed in the posts above in order to get it to play nice with 8.5 though.
    If you wanna try swapping the radio so Pandora and Slacker will work then I'll help you out if you have any questions. I did it a few days ago and everything is running GREAT for me!

    But like sandman said, you gotta make sure you do it right or you'll end up with a brick! It's not hard though so let me know and I'll stick around for ya!



  4. #132
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Lyridical 6.6
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    If you wanna try swapping the radio so Pandora and Slacker will work then I'll help you out if you have any questions. I did it a few days ago and everything is running GREAT for me!

    But like sandman said, you gotta make sure you do it right or you'll end up with a brick! It's not hard though so let me know and I'll stick around for ya!
    If you dont mind helping me out id appreciate it. Im prob going to do it tomorrow but just wanted a heads up if anyone else did it. would i just have to install 132 installer and then install crackmans installer?

  5. #133
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by Italysfinest327 View Post
    If you dont mind helping me out id appreciate it. Im prob going to do it tomorrow but just wanted a heads up if anyone else did it. would i just have to install 132 installer and then install crackmans installer?
    No, you only need one cod file out of .132. The hybrid is installed over .151

    Here's what I did:

    Download .132 and install to your PC. Go to c/ program files/ common files/ Research in Motion/ Shared/ Loader/ ....132 / Java

    In the .132 java folder find net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_pme12.cod , right click and copy this file, then put it in a new folder on your desktop.

    Once you have this file copied, go ahead and delete .132 OS from your computer by going to control panel / addremove and delete it.

    Download .151 OS and install to your PC. Find its java folder using the same path as above.

    In the .151 java folder copy the following files and paste them in the folder you created with the .132 file in it (the one you just copied and pasted on your desktop):

    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_bundle.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_pme02.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_smil_00.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_smil_format.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_smil_mms.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_themereader.cod
    net_rim_theme_precision_zen_360x480_t.cod


    Now go ahead and download v8.5 and install over .151 like normal.

    Once this is done, go back into the java folder - same path as above - and delete the following files:

    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_pme12.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_bundle.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_pme02.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_smil_00.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_smil_format.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_smil_mms.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_themereader.cod
    net_rim_theme_precision_zen_360x480_t.cod

    Now open your new folder on the desktop and copy all the files in there and paste them in the java folder - they have the same names as the ones you just deleted, but are indeed different files.

    NOW, go ahead and open Shrink-A-OS (I assume you know what this is and how to use it?) Select your OS and shrink if you like (I did),

    Then, select your device from the drop down menu, then select the .132 radio from the other drop down.

    Click "swap radio" button. Shrink will download and install the .132 radio.

    Now go ahead and backup your device and apps, wipe your phone, and load the OS as usual! Don't forget to delete the vendor file and do your battery pulls and all that good stuff.

    Have fun! Let me know if you have any more questions.



  6. #134
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Lyridical 6.6
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    No, you only need one cod file out of .132. The hybrid is installed over .151

    Here's what I did:

    Download .132 and install to your PC. Go to c/ program files/ common files/ Research in Motion/ Shared/ Loader/ ....132 / Java

    In the .132 java folder find net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_pme12.cod , right click and copy this file, then put it in a new folder on your desktop.

    Once you have this file copied, go ahead and delete .132 OS from your computer by going to control panel / addremove and delete it.

    Download .151 OS and install to your PC. Find its java folder using the same path as above.

    In the .151 java folder copy the following files and paste them in the folder you created with the .132 file in it (the one you just copied and pasted on your desktop):

    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_bundle.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_pme02.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_smil_00.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_smil_format.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_smil_mms.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_themereader.cod
    net_rim_theme_precision_zen_360x480_t.cod


    Now go ahead and download v8.5 and install over .151 like normal.

    Once this is done, go back into the java folder - same path as above - and delete the following files:

    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_pme12.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_bundle.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_pme02.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_smil_00.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_smil_format.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_smil_mms.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_themereader.cod
    net_rim_theme_precision_zen_360x480_t.cod

    Now open your new folder on the desktop and copy all the files in there and paste them in the java folder - they have the same names as the ones you just deleted, but are indeed different files.

    NOW, go ahead and open Shrink-A-OS (I assume you know what this is and how to use it?) Select your OS and shrink if you like (I did),

    Then, select your device from the drop down menu, then select the .132 radio from the other drop down.

    Click "swap radio" button. Shrink will download and install the .132 radio.

    Now go ahead and backup your device and apps, wipe your phone, and load the OS as usual! Don't forget to delete the vendor file and do your battery pulls and all that good stuff.

    Have fun! Let me know if you have any more questions.
    Thanks for the write up im going to give it a try tomorrow. also when i swap out the radio to 132 what should the about screen read. will it say 4.7.0.132 or will it still say 151? And does color banding reoccur when swapping radio?

  7. #135
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Storm 9530/Moto Droid
    OS
    BBC v10
    Posts
    173
    Great write up Tommy!

  8. #136
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Italysfinest327
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    No, you only need one cod file out of .132. The hybrid is installed over .151

    Here's what I did:

    Download .132 and install to your PC. Go to c/ program files/ common files/ Research in Motion/ Shared/ Loader/ ....132 / Java

    In the .132 java folder find net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_pme12.cod , right click and copy this file, then put it in a new folder on your desktop.

    Once you have this file copied, go ahead and delete .132 OS from your computer by going to control panel / addremove and delete it.

    Download .151 OS and install to your PC. Find its java folder using the same path as above.

    In the .151 java folder copy the following files and paste them in the folder you created with the .132 file in it (the one you just copied and pasted on your desktop):

    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_bundle.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_pme02.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_smil_00.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_smil_format.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_smil_mms.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_themereader.cod
    net_rim_theme_precision_zen_360x480_t.cod


    Now go ahead and download v8.5 and install over .151 like normal.

    Once this is done, go back into the java folder - same path as above - and delete the following files:

    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_pme12.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_bundle.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_pme02.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_smil_00.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_smil_format.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_smil_mms.cod
    net_rim_plazmic_themereader.cod
    net_rim_theme_precision_zen_360x480_t.cod

    Now open your new folder on the desktop and copy all the files in there and paste them in the java folder - they have the same names as the ones you just deleted, but are indeed different files.

    NOW, go ahead and open Shrink-A-OS (I assume you know what this is and how to use it?) Select your OS and shrink if you like (I did),

    Then, select your device from the drop down menu, then select the .132 radio from the other drop down.

    Click "swap radio" button. Shrink will download and install the .132 radio.

    Now go ahead and backup your device and apps, wipe your phone, and load the OS as usual! Don't forget to delete the vendor file and do your battery pulls and all that good stuff.

    Have fun! Let me know if you have any more questions.
    Thanks for the write up im going to give it a try tomorrow. also when i swap out the radio to 132 what should the about screen read. will it say 4.7.0.132 or will it still say 151? And does color banding reoccur when swapping radio?
    About screen should say:
    V4.7.0.151(platform 4.0.0.162)

    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the .162 platform is the 132 radio.

    I've honestly never noticed color banding before but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

    I'll check back here after work today good luck!

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •