v8 Findings and Fixes
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 355

Thread: v8 Findings and Fixes

  1. #1
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times

    v8 Findings and Fixes

    Please post all your findings and fixes here.




  2. #2
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Aaahh look at that... Crackman you got findings and fixes up! Lol! This should be a boring thread!

  3. #3
    CAEM's Avatar
    CAEM is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    ASK ME
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.140
    Posts
    70
    Liked
    0 times
    What is the OS version going to show up as on my DM or BB??

  4. #4
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CAEM View Post
    What is the OS version going to show up as on my DM or BB??
    it will show up at v4.7.0.151 and platform 4.0.0.186

  5. #5
    MercKing is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    9530
    OS
    .114 hybrid
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Is there a place that lists what files used for V8? Just curious.

  6. #6
    xwera43's Avatar
    xwera43 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oregon via SoCal
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx
    Posts
    382
    Liked
    0 times
    I like that it's zipped!

    Now to boot to Windows. (YUK!)

    ~X

  7. #7
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MercKing View Post
    Is there a place that lists what files used for V8? Just curious.
    It's a combination of many different files. The best to find out is by going into options, advanced option, highlight core applications, hit BB button then modules. Some files are listed there and the rest are in System Software

  8. #8
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xwera43 View Post
    I like that it's zipped!

    Now to boot to Windows. (YUK!)

    ~X
    Have you installed it yet or still working on it?

  9. #9
    MercKing is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    9530
    OS
    .114 hybrid
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    yeah I know all that. Just trying to figure out with I want this hybird or lyric's. I currently am rocking lyric's but I was gonna update for the new 167 files when I saw this was out. Wondering how they compared.

  10. #10
    MercKing is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    9530
    OS
    .114 hybrid
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Well I've decided to give V8 a try. I'm gonna be that guy.

    installing now!!!!!!

  11. #11
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MercKing View Post
    Well I've decided to give V8 a try. I'm gonna be that guy.

    installing now!!!!!!
    Let us know what you think of it.

  12. #12
    xwera43's Avatar
    xwera43 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oregon via SoCal
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx
    Posts
    382
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9530 Storm)

    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73
    Quote Originally Posted by xwera43 View Post
    I like that it's zipped!

    Now to boot to Windows. (YUK!)

    ~X
    Have you installed it yet or still working on it?
    I'm up & running now and am very pleased by the lack, make that LACK of lag!!!

    All my apps work, and I'm very impressed. I vowed not to mess with betas/leaks and especially hybrids but BBC your the MAN!

    The Tour's in the box, bring on the Storm 2!

    ~X

  13. #13
    ahovis is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    103/106
    Posts
    20
    Liked
    0 times
    So the really important question - is the data streaming problem fixed???? Can we run Slacker, etc. without issues using this hybrid?? Seems to me only a new radio (or an old leaky one solves the important issues also impacting VZNavigator and Vllingo). Any hope here???

  14. #14
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Quote Originally Posted by ahovis
    So the really important question - is the data streaming problem fixed???? Can we run Slacker, etc. without issues using this hybrid?? Seems to me only a new radio (or an old leaky one solves the important issues also impacting VZNavigator and Vllingo). Any hope here???
    Unfortunately no... But I found if you do a batt pull, prior to using something like Slacker, you can get about 4 his. Out of it!

  15. #15
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    We need a different radio... Even though .151 is great with memory management, and signal, it does stream apps very well. Hopefully we will get a .167 leak for 9530 and there will be fix in it!

  16. #16
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Liked
    0 times

    Visual Voice Mail not shrinking out??

    I don't use visual voice mail and I attempted to shrink it out of the OS before installing on my device (Using Shrink-a os). I noticed some real memory shortcomings (contrary to what should be for this hybrid) and looked at the installed modules. Low and behold, three applications appeared which seemed to be related to visual voice mail. ....removed them with crackutil...hopefully this will fix the memory issue.....anyone else notice this?
    Otherwise, this OS runs very nicely. Thanks BBCrackman!

  17. #17
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    I don't use visual voice mail and I attempted to shrink it out of the OS before installing on my device (Using Shrink-a os). I noticed some real memory shortcomings (contrary to what should be for this hybrid) and looked at the installed modules. Low and behold, three applications appeared which seemed to be related to visual voice mail. ....removed them with crackutil...hopefully this will fix the memory issue.....anyone else notice this?
    Otherwise, this OS runs very nicely. Thanks BBCrackman!
    Hey Toy long time no chat. Hope all is well. I did not see the files you mentioned and I typically never Shrink my OS. I also found memory to be extremely stable. After 5 solid days of beating on this hybrid my memory only dropped 0.1mb. In addition, magically this hybrid fixed my BT issues so that alone was worth the price of admission.

    Just out of curiosity did you wipe before doing this install. Could it be possible that those files were lingering from a previous OS/hybrid?

  18. #18
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Liked
    0 times
    I did wipe - using BBSAK but I'm going to reinstall the whole thing from scratch, both on the PC and then onto the device. It's all acting a little strangely, which I've never encounterd in the past. So, I'll remove all device software from the PC, reinstall .151, then install V8, Shrink it with Shrink a os and then go for the install onto the Storm....will let you know the outcome but I think it's quite possible that there are lingering files on the PC which I'll eliminate.

  19. #19
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    I did wipe - using BBSAK but I'm going to reinstall the whole thing from scratch, both on the PC and then onto the device. It's all acting a little strangely, which I've never encounterd in the past. So, I'll remove all device software from the PC, reinstall .151, then install V8, Shrink it with Shrink a os and then go for the install onto the Storm....will let you know the outcome but I think it's quite possible that there are lingering files on the PC which I'll eliminate.
    Sounds good, let us know.

  20. #20
    Geners is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    OCCHIO!! You ARE a real Boy!
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    46
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh..My...GAWD. What a great surprise to wake up to. Like finding out that babe you brought home from the bar last night really is hot! SCORE!

    One question. Is BBM5 in there or do we have to load it?

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •