v8 Findings and Fixes - Page 18
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Results 341 to 355 of 355

Thread: v8 Findings and Fixes

  1. #341
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    And when did you install v8?




  2. #342
    sandman1987's Avatar
    sandman1987 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Storm 9530/Moto Droid
    OS
    BBC v10
    Posts
    173
    Liked
    0 times
    This sounds like a problem someone else was having that had to do with the .151 sfi... I have not had this problem but if I remember correctly someone suggested swapping the radio files to the .132 sfi.

    Don't know if that will help or not, but good luck with this. I am interested in what will fix this for you in case it happens to me...lol

  3. #343
    GQman is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    blackberry storm
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times
    i installed v8 8/10/2009..tomorrow i am going to do the installation all over again.. i cant stand this its really bad

  4. #344
    GQman is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    blackberry storm
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times
    while i am here i might as well tell you more issues i encountered.. Pandora has some issues..i get an error every once in awhile starting stations. i dont remember what it says when it comes up ill update it.. also blackberry messenger.. i cant open conversations just by clicking it. i have to use menu button then open chat..

    you about these also?

  5. #345
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GQman View Post
    while i am here i might as well tell you more issues i encountered.. Pandora has some issues..i get an error every once in awhile starting stations. i dont remember what it says when it comes up ill update it.. also blackberry messenger.. i cant open conversations just by clicking it. i have to use menu button then open chat..

    you about these also?

    Ok, just a suggestion... Wipe your phone from your phone, then wipe using bbsak! you know the rest on install, so I won't bore you with that... But instaed of doing a full back up and reinstall, do an advanced install and pick and chose the things you put back on your phone. I realize this is a longer process, but well worth it. When your done with that... Add back all your apps manually! This will keep you from having any app errors!

    As for Pandora... The .151 radio doesn't do well with streaming apps, like pandora, slacker, nobex, etc. The error you probably saw, was a memory error. Everybody is having this problem and there is no solution as of yet!

    Where are we here? Hmmm.. Oh ya, The problem you are having with bbm... Im guessing you have the 5.0 version? I have this problem also and a few others. Many people have reverted back to the 4.7 version because of the bugs in 5.0! Remember, 5.0 is a leak and it is buugy. I like it enough I deal with the bugs.
    I hope I have givin you something you can use here, and if you have any more problems or questions, don't hesitate to ask!

  6. #346
    GQman is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    blackberry storm
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times
    awesome thanks for your help.. yea its the 5.0 bbm i think the new one.. must have game with new software..i used the advance restore when installed the stuff time. the only thing going different this time is the manually from the phone wiping it.

    how is the v8.5? if i am going to install this stuff all over.. anyway i can get v8.5?

  7. #347
    CAEM's Avatar
    CAEM is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    ASK ME
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.140
    Posts
    70
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GQman View Post
    awesome thanks for your help.. yea its the 5.0 bbm i think the new one.. must have game with new software..i used the advance restore when installed the stuff time. the only thing going different this time is the manually from the phone wiping it.

    how is the v8.5? if i am going to install this stuff all over.. anyway i can get v8.5?

    Unless ur a VIP member which u can be one real easy just go here VIP MEMBER .
    Or you just have to wait like the NON-VIPs around here :crazy:... but dont worry it will be out soon for us poor folks.:laugh2:

  8. #348
    sandman1987's Avatar
    sandman1987 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Storm 9530/Moto Droid
    OS
    BBC v10
    Posts
    173
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    Ok, just a suggestion... Wipe your phone from your phone, then wipe using bbsak! you know the rest on install, so I won't bore you with that... But instaed of doing a full back up and reinstall, do an advanced install and pick and chose the things you put back on your phone. I realize this is a longer process, but well worth it. When your done with that... Add back all your apps manually! This will keep you from having any app errors!

    As for Pandora... The .151 radio doesn't do well with streaming apps, like pandora, slacker, nobex, etc. The error you probably saw, was a memory error. Everybody is having this problem and there is no solution as of yet!

    Where are we here? Hmmm.. Oh ya, The problem you are having with bbm... Im guessing you have the 5.0 version? I have this problem also and a few others. Many people have reverted back to the 4.7 version because of the bugs in 5.0! Remember, 5.0 is a leak and it is buugy. I like it enough I deal with the bugs.
    I hope I have givin you something you can use here, and if you have any more problems or questions, don't hesitate to ask!

    Great advice Jason. Hope that works for him. I hate doing the advance restore cause there are some of those entries that I have no idea what they are, and I always have to go back and assign ring tones again for everyone and all that little stuff, but I agree about doing it if you are having issues.

    My question for you, sir, what do you mean add apps manually? I think you mean add them new from where ever you downloaded them originally so you aren't using a back up that is corrupted, but I'm not sure. Is that what you are saying or something else?

  9. #349
    sandman1987's Avatar
    sandman1987 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Storm 9530/Moto Droid
    OS
    BBC v10
    Posts
    173
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypto View Post
    Hey guys, question... has anyone had issues answering the phone when a phone call comes in? This is my second Crackman Hybrid, and I noticed the same problem with the first one... you go to press the answer key, no response, try the on screen key, same, try holding the answer key, dead. The person calls back, then you can answer. It's a bit bizarre...

    I'm debating whether to simply reload the OS, or leave it behind... lets see if any of you have suggestions. I've just reformatted my computer (time to finally say goodbye to the Windows 7 RC partition until it's officially released), so I'll be doing some sort of load later tonight once I have everything reinstalled.
    Krypto I have had a similar issue at times, but I had it running straight .151 as well. The issue I had wasn't quite as bad as what you describe though because it would eventually answer after a few presses. Also I always use the hard key to answer and not the answer button on the screen. On mine when it does this it also sometimes takes a long time to rotate to portrait mode if the call comes in while in landscape. But like I said I had this same issue running the straight .151, and I never had it on any other OS. I don't know what the fix is for this so I'm not much help, but at least you know its not just you

  10. #350
    sandman1987's Avatar
    sandman1987 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Storm 9530/Moto Droid
    OS
    BBC v10
    Posts
    173
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by soundman4507 View Post

    Battery does not hold as well as past hybrids.
    Twitterberry notification icon will not clear (I have to do a battery pull)
    MMS will not allow attaching an audio file (MAJOR disappointment for me)


    Thanks for helping me make my STORM fun to use.

    Soundman4507[/COLOR]

    My battery holds about the same, but that is something that has always been bad for my phone. I live in an area where 1XEV comes and goes so battery life for me is never the same.

    I don't use twitter so I don't know about that. The MMS issue I had not seen because I hadn't tried sending any. I tried a few after reading your post though. What I found on mine is I can attach an audio file and send it fine. (I sent it to myself to make sure it went through ok) When I received it and opened it, it looked like no file came with it. There was no "play" or "open attachment". BUT if I clicked on the BB button and selected Save Ring Tone, it saved the file and I was able to play the saved audio just fine. That is a bit weird.

  11. #351
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    That's exactly what I'm saying sandman! Download them one by one!

  12. #352
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times

  13. #353
    chef's Avatar
    chef is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NJ/NYC/FL
    Device
    storm
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    74
    Liked
    0 times
    My BBM has been working for 2 days without any issues...hopefully it stays that way...no switching hybrids for me (for now)...

  14. #354
    rcs800's Avatar
    rcs800 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PIN
    3066D13B
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rcs800 View Post
    My phone stopped uploading the phonebook to my car via bluetooth after upgrading to V8. Can make calls, just have to dial from the phone. BMW335i

    Still having problems with uploading phone book to the car via bluetooth. Same issue now with BBCM 8.5. I try to force the upload via the Transfer contacts menu option in bluetooth menu, but get an error.

    Anyone else with this problem?

  15. #355
    sandman1987's Avatar
    sandman1987 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Storm 9530/Moto Droid
    OS
    BBC v10
    Posts
    173
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    That's exactly what I'm saying sandman! Download them one by one!
    Cool....I guess I did understand then...lol....thanks for the clarification.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •