Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 128 of 355

  1. #121
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Quote Originally Posted by sgapp View Post
    I need some help. I've removed old OS's from my computer, downloaded the zip file and run. I then navigate to apploader and run. It updates my apps, but does not install v8. What am I doing wrong?
    Did you reinstall a new OS onto your computer? Do you have a previous hybrid on your computer and phone?



  2. #122
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by sgapp View Post
    I need some help. I've removed old OS's from my computer, downloaded the zip file and run. I then navigate to apploader and run. It updates my apps, but does not install v8. What am I doing wrong?
    sgapp, Make sure you have deleted the vendor file. You might have to use the search on you PC. Search for all things labeled "vendor" Also include hidden file in your search. Delete anything it finds that is related to blackberry. I had the same problem befoer, and this fixed it.

  3. #123
    thetruth's Avatar
    thetruth is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    PIN
    304C7468
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0 Hybrid
    Posts
    279
    I've been running V8 since last night and my memory is rock solid even with all my apps installed. Very happy with this hybrid.



  4. #124
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
    I've been running V8 since last night and my memory is rock solid even with all my apps installed. Very happy with this hybrid.
    You're speaking the truth! This is a great hybrid....glad you are so happy with it.

  5. #125
    sgapp is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    sgapp, Make sure you have deleted the vendor file. You might have to use the search on you PC. Search for all things labeled "vendor" Also include hidden file in your search. Delete anything it finds that is related to blackberry. I had the same problem befoer, and this fixed it.

    I checked for vendor file before doing apploader the first time and not there and have since done a search for hidden files with no success. I am now runnig the most recent official release from Verizon. Do I need to wipe and start over with v8?



  6. #126
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Quote Originally Posted by sgapp View Post
    I checked for vendor file before doing apploader the first time and not there and have since done a search for hidden files with no success. I am now runnig the most recent official release from Verizon. Do I need to wipe and start over with v8?
    I would suggest to reload your base platform, do a clean wipe and then start over with the V8 install. Keep us updated with your results. Make sure any previous hybrid installed is also uninstalled in your loader file, it can hang around some times and create issues.

  7. #127
    str8crazzy is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Device
    Storm (9530)
    OS
    5.0.0.323
    Posts
    13

    Having Issues

    Ok, first off this is not my first rodeo installing os's. Now every time I try to load V8 I can not remove the blackberry messenger from the app loader. I don't use BBM and I don't want it. Second every time I try to install the hybrid over the original .151 I keep getting a fatal error and my phone is locked in a white screen of death. I have wiped, set to factory reset, and tried not installing my apps to no avail. I keep getting the following error.

    A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.
    Unspecified error encountered [J:0x0000000A]

    I have repeated wiping the phone and installing the base os's then installing the hybrid about seven times and can't figure out whats going on. The last hybrid (v7) installed great for me.

  8. #128
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by str8crazzy View Post
    Ok, first off this is not my first rodeo installing os's. Now every time I try to load V8 I can not remove the blackberry messenger from the app loader. I don't use BBM and I don't want it. Second every time I try to install the hybrid over the original .151 I keep getting a fatal error and my phone is locked in a white screen of death. I have wiped, set to factory reset, and tried not installing my apps to no avail. I keep getting the following error.

    A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.
    Unspecified error encountered [J:0x0000000A]

    I have repeated wiping the phone and installing the base os's then installing the hybrid about seven times and can't figure out whats going on. The last hybrid (v7) installed great for me.
    did you use shrink a os?

Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •