Swapping Radio With Lyrics 6.6 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Swapping Radio With Lyrics 6.6

  1. #21
    Tyler1077 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Tyler1077 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay, dont bash me. I am not really 100% on the radio file on the 6.6 but I have been running it since it became available. I hate the 5.0 because I have had so many problems and I dont really want to go through the fix process. But what radio file is on the 5.0 and is there any way to incorporate it with these 4.7 hybrids or is that even possible? Just random questions that have sprung loose in my head!




  2. #22
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1077 View Post
    Okay, dont bash me. I am not really 100% on the radio file on the 6.6 but I have been running it since it became available. I hate the 5.0 because I have had so many problems and I dont really want to go through the fix process. But what radio file is on the 5.0 and is there any way to incorporate it with these 4.7 hybrids or is that even possible? Just random questions that have sprung loose in my head!
    You mean the radio from OS 5.0? It's quite incompatible with older OS versions.

  3. #23
    louwiid's Avatar
    louwiid is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fortress of Gorillatude
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    1.4
    Posts
    639
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1077 View Post
    Okay, dont bash me. I am not really 100% on the radio file on the 6.6 but I have been running it since it became available. I hate the 5.0 because I have had so many problems and I dont really want to go through the fix process. But what radio file is on the 5.0 and is there any way to incorporate it with these 4.7 hybrids or is that even possible? Just random questions that have sprung loose in my head!
    5.0 Radio no like 4.7 files (as sunkast said much more articulately).

    And BBOS is a bash-free haven--welcome to the forums!
    It's still real to me, dammit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI
    Who's awesome? You're awesome!
    NOCJ http://nocj.urbanup.com/4256654
    Any fool knows a Dog needs a home, a shelter from Pigs on the Wing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPAYR5NReE8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Omz...layer_embedded

  4. #24
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1077 View Post
    Okay, dont bash me. I am not really 100% on the radio file on the 6.6 but I have been running it since it became available. I hate the 5.0 because I have had so many problems and I dont really want to go through the fix process. But what radio file is on the 5.0 and is there any way to incorporate it with these 4.7 hybrids or is that even possible? Just random questions that have sprung loose in my head!
    Tyler, how long did you try 5.0 for? What I noticed with every OS, that it takes a good few days to settle in and some of the bugs that are seen initially, disappear. Just words of encouragement.... Because, I am really enjoying 5.0 and would love for everyone to be in same boat!!!

  5. #25
    Tyler1077 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Tyler1077 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay, I didn't think the OS 5.0 and 4.7 would match with the radio files and such.

    I tried 5.0 right when it came out for about 2 or 3 days, mostly before all the fixes came out. The alarm clock and the little stuff like that was killing me. So last night I was going to try it again after reading everyone still sticking it. I couldn't get my BBM 5.0 back after about an hour of trying and I like my Quickpull app and it just freezes me up. I may try it again later tonight if I can read up on more of the fixes and how to get my BBM back. The first install of 5.0 I didn't have a problem with BBM.

  6. #26
    soicyboy's Avatar
    soicyboy is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow soicyboy On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Device
    Blackberry storm 9530
    OS
    238/230 hybrid
    Posts
    75
    Liked
    0 times
    i am not sure if 164 radio which is for the 9500 could be used for the 9530, although i have used shrink a os and used 9500/148radio in 9530/148 os and it worked but still would not keep EDGE. I have heard threw the grape vine that you will be able to swap your radio on BBC's V8
    Last edited by soicyboy; 08-07-2009 at 07:55 PM.

  7. #27
    ahovis is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    103/106
    Posts
    20
    Liked
    0 times
    One of a Kind's latest 7.88 has got the 148 radio running with the .151 hybrid so it can be done. Just have to get the right files to keep the homescreen from going black and the icons working to launch apps. Not sure how much these two guys talk but know they do some so maybe info will be made available to get 6.6 going with .148 radio even though it has big memory leaks.

  8. #28
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by soicyboy View Post
    i am not sure if 164 radio which is for the 9500 could be used for the 9530, although i have used shrink a os and used 9500/148radio in 9530/148 os and it worked but still would not keep EDGE. I have heard threw the grape vine that you will be able to swap your radio on BBC's V8
    Unfortunately you can't use a 9500 radio on a 9530 you can use the java files though

  9. #29
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1077 View Post
    Okay, I didn't think the OS 5.0 and 4.7 would match with the radio files and such.

    I tried 5.0 right when it came out for about 2 or 3 days, mostly before all the fixes came out. The alarm clock and the little stuff like that was killing me. So last night I was going to try it again after reading everyone still sticking it. I couldn't get my BBM 5.0 back after about an hour of trying and I like my Quickpull app and it just freezes me up. I may try it again later tonight if I can read up on more of the fixes and how to get my BBM back. The first install of 5.0 I didn't have a problem with BBM.
    Here is OTA for BBM 5: BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 OTAs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •