A Cautionary Tale from still scared...
This is a long story so please bear with me.
I decided that I was going to do what I did before the Hybrid Kings started doing their work. Make my own.
So I started by backing up everything and I mean everything.
Then I moved all browser and browser related files from 5.140 to 4.151. I then hooked up and ran apploader.
This is where it goes a little south. Phone will not reboot gives 523 error. Its okay I have my backup.
I hook up the phone, delete the 4.7.151 OS and ran it with .140 installed. Everything goes well but then BAM. Error apploader hangs at Connecting to RAM. Okay I start it again. Starts working, working. and then my laptop turns off, the dog ran into the cord and I forgot to plug it back in. Aargh.
Get it back on start again and this time .140 loads. I start DM to restore apps and information but nooo that gives me errors.
The 3rd party apps says "no compatibale apps found", the information restore gives me a Database error as soon as it starts.
danggg...well now i know for sure ill wait for them hybrid pros to work their magic lol
i would just send the 3rd party apps back to your phone..
So now I'm about an hour into this and phone is still bricked (no info, no 3rd party apps) and I can't get the service books so no browser.
I am near tears by now.
So here is how I spent my next hour.
I first went into advanced restore and restored each item one at a time. Those that did not work I skipped. This took some time.
Next I tried the 3rd party apps again and it worked except for BBM 5.0.
I then went back and tried the items that would not restore and now they loaded but stll no BBM 5.0.
Next I installed BBM 5.0 and went back to advanced restore and now the last item restored.
This all took 2 and a half hours.
The morale of this story is DON'T DO THIS.
Hey P3...I'm not going to do that...Thanks for the warning....
Wow, I would like to see what you call fun...
at least your back up and running.. If you want to do a hybrid with .151/140 check out one of a kind V 7.11
Last edited by mmanuel552; 07-26-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Originally Posted by mmanuel552
Thanks I have created my own, ran others. The fun is in the tinkering..Yeah I was the kid who took everything apart and had pieces left over when it was put back together.
My real goal was to get the tabbed browsing in the 151 OS. I am going to keep playing around.
I was that kid, too! Funny thing is...most of the time things worked better without those "extra parts"....
lol....dont feel bad man I tried this also...except i tried it four diff times, once with the radio file, one time with browser files, and some of the resource files, and a couple of the media loader files....needless to say i was using the command prompt method of completely wiping and restoring my phone because bbsak and apploader were not accessing the rom before the phone boot up 1/3rd of the way only to crash lol what a fun filled day i had yesterday but....alas it was fun and worth it. even though it was frustrating as hell
Tags for this Thread