9500 4.7.0.164 Findings and Fixes - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Thread: 9500 4.7.0.164 Findings and Fixes

  1. #21
    DanD120 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dublin Ireland
    Device
    Storm 9520
    OS
    5.0.0.436
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    0 times

    Selection for copy and paste

    Copy and select doesn't seem to work, when you select a second point the whole text is selected, anyone else seeing this?
    DD




  2. #22
    Kiralina is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    20CB625D
    Device
    storm 9500
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    71
    Liked
    0 times
    Installed it today using the loader(no DM) and works fine since morning.
    Memory around 46. All my apps. are still there,no need for the backup.Just had to reenter user name and password for Amaze GPS.
    No major changes compared to 151,but I think it is a little faster.

  3. #23
    cnn888 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    STORM2
    Posts
    128
    Liked
    0 times
    164 is fast, but the color quality seems to be degraded a bit from 151. also, the memory leak is back.

  4. #24
    mcfly27 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Device
    Storm 9500
    OS
    5.0.0.484
    Posts
    58
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    did you delete the rim internal tools?
    Yeah...BBC has given me an option which im considering trying but Ive not read anywhere any advantages of having this update....seems most feedback is a nightmare....

  5. #25
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly27 View Post
    Yeah...BBC has given me an option which im considering trying but Ive not read anywhere any advantages of having this update....seems most feedback is a nightmare....
    It has been a mixed bag with the latest releases. BBC's hybrid seems to come out the winner amongst them all though.

  6. #26
    13furthermores's Avatar
    13furthermores is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Texas
    PIN
    20CC8983
    Device
    BB Storm 9500
    OS
    4.7.0.151/5.0
    Posts
    54
    Liked
    0 times

    Warning? DM 5.0.0.11 QUINCY

    OK, I just plugged in my BB Storm 9500 and went through the update. I was informed the their were new update for my Blackberry I now have 4.7.o.164, Platform 4.0.0.200!

    Guess what I now have Quincy installed on my Storm 9500 and can not get rid of the program? HELP?????

  7. #27
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 13furthermores View Post
    OK, I just plugged in my BB Storm 9500 and went through the update. I was informed the their were new update for my Blackberry I now have 4.7.o.164, Platform 4.0.0.200!

    Guess what I now have Quincy installed on my Storm 9500 and can not get rid of the program? HELP?????
    You should go into your control panel and the add/remove programs area, uninstall any OS you see. Then browse to where the OS files would be install to double check that the OS were fully uninstalled. Once you have done that, download OS .164 from here, install it. Then you can wipe your device using BBSAK and install .164 back to your device.

  8. #28
    mcfly27 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Device
    Storm 9500
    OS
    5.0.0.484
    Posts
    58
    Liked
    0 times
    OK...BBC fix worked...flatten phone then install .164 using apploader only....it puts on ok..have same copy and paste select issue and also my red LED that flashes when i have received an email doesnt work - despite all the settings being spot on.

  9. #29
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast
    Quote Originally Posted by 13furthermores View Post
    OK, I just plugged in my BB Storm 9500 and went through the update. I was informed the their were new update for my Blackberry I now have 4.7.o.164, Platform 4.0.0.200!

    Guess what I now have Quincy installed on my Storm 9500 and can not get rid of the program? HELP?????
    You should go into your control panel and the add/remove programs area, uninstall any OS you see. Then browse to where the OS files would be install to double check that the OS were fully uninstalled. Once you have done that, download OS .164 from here, install it. Then you can wipe your device using BBSAK and install .164 back to your device.
    Just to add to sunkast's suggestions, you must remove Quincy before loading the OS to phone. Once you install the correct OS to pc, go to control panel, add/remove programs and uninstall RIM internal tools, then load OS to phone.

  10. #30
    mcfly27 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Device
    Storm 9500
    OS
    5.0.0.484
    Posts
    58
    Liked
    0 times

    cant forward attachments...

    with .164 I am now unable to forward any attachments...

    grr....

  11. #31
    cnn888 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    STORM2
    Posts
    128
    Liked
    0 times
    anyone experiencing memory leak with this version?

  12. #32
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cnn888 View Post
    anyone experiencing memory leak with this version?
    cnn888, I did hear from a few people that .164 is worse in terms of memory management than .151.

  13. #33
    cnn888 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    STORM2
    Posts
    128
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    cnn888, I did hear from a few people that .164 is worse in terms of memory management than .151.
    thanks olta,

    i found out that my copy of bbm5 is causing so much memory leak. I am now using my own mixed/matched of 4.7.0.151/164/167/4.7.1.40/5.0.0.92/100/130/140 (167 based) and with bbm4. it seems that my memory is holding within -0.1 to -1mb after 1 day usage (with all my fav apps installed). i will try some other bbm5 copy from different source to make sure that the leak is caused by bbm5. i am not sure if there anyone else noticed this or this is just with my phone/copy of bbm5.

    installed apps:
    bbfilescout
    bbreader
    bbm 4
    berrybuzz
    berryweather
    berrypopup
    berryunitconverter
    blink
    docs2go
    fb
    forward/reply/edit
    googlemaps
    iberry black/whitelist
    logmaid
    meterberry
    parkinglot
    patternlock
    smsscheduler
    talklater
    wlm
    xcontact
    ym
    youtube

    themes are not working, and youtube is somehow asking for tcp/ip connection. at the moment of typing, i have got 45.8mb left on the application memory, down -0.3mb. i am not saying this mix is the best, but it fits my need of speed (typing, transition, etc), memory management (i am one of those memory ocd person), batt life and signal quality.
    Last edited by cnn888; 08-18-2009 at 03:17 AM.

  14. #34
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cnn888 View Post
    thanks olta,

    i found out that my bbm5 is causing so much memory leak. I am now using my own mixed/matched of 4.7.0.151/164/167/4.7.1.40/5.0.0.92/100/130/140 (167 based) and with bbm4. it seems that my memory is holding within -0.1 to -1mb after 1 day usage (with all my fav apps installed). i will try some other bbm5 from different source to make sure that the leak is caused by bbm5. i am not sure if there anyone else noticed this or this is just with my phone/copy of bbm5.

    installed apps:
    bbfilescout
    bbreader
    berrybuzz
    berryweather
    berrypopup
    berryunitconverter
    blink
    docs2go
    fb
    forward/reply/edit
    googlemaps
    iberry black/whitelist
    logmaid
    meterberry
    parkinglot
    patternlock
    sharkmodem
    smsscheduler
    talklater
    wlm
    xcontact
    ym
    youtube

    themes are not working, and youtube is somehow asking for tcp/ip connection. at the moment of typing, i have got 45.8mb left on the application memory, down -0.3mb. i am not saying this mix is the best, but it fits my need of speed (typing, transition, etc), memory management, batt life and signal quality.

    Cnn, I am glad you found a solution...as you know each phone reacts differently to OS and apps. I have been running bbm 5 since it leaked without any issues or memory leak. Have you tried going without it, just to confirm that it really is the bbm that's causing the leak?

  15. #35
    cnn888 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    STORM2
    Posts
    128
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Cnn, I am glad you found a solution...as you know each phone reacts differently to OS and apps. I have been running bbm 5 since it leaked without any issues or memory leak. Have you tried going without it, just to confirm that it really is the bbm that's causing the leak?
    olta,

    like i said, i have been using bbm4 for about 1 day and the memory leak is very very minimum and it seems the phone gains the memory back after sometime. for example, it was down about 2.5mb and then it recovers back to 0.8 and back to 0.3 in no time. so, i guess i got lucky to pin point the problem and put the right combination for my phone. i have it on megaupload (i will pm the link if anyone ask for it, as i don't want to be blame for distributing it and ended up bricking somebody's precious) if anyone would like to give it a shot. but keep in mind, i am no pro in this thing. i am just trying to get the most out of my storm.

  16. #36
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cnn888 View Post
    olta,

    like i said, i have been using bbm4 for about 1 day and the memory leak is very very minimum and it seems the phone gains the memory back after sometime. for example, it was down about 2.5mb and then it recovers back to 0.8 and back to 0.3 in no time. so, i guess i got lucky to pin point the problem and put the right combination for my phone. i have it on megaupload (i will pm the link if anyone ask for it, as i don't want to be blame for distributing it and ended up bricking somebody's precious) if anyone would like to give it a shot. but keep in mind, i am no pro in this thing. i am just trying to get the most out of my storm.
    Is .167 radio good for you in terms of signal, etc? As long as it works great for you, that's all that matters. I just love bbm5!!!

  17. #37
    cnn888 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    STORM2
    Posts
    128
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Is .167 radio good for you in terms of signal, etc? As long as it works great for you, that's all that matters. I just love bbm5!!!
    .167's signal is very good indeed. i rarely got 3g in my house, but now, i am getting 3-4 bars on 3g constantly. i am now trying the copy of bbm5 from gabriel's hybrid to see if bbm5 really is the root of the evil. hopefully not, i love bbm5 too....

  18. #38
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cnn888 View Post
    .167's signal is very good indeed. i rarely got 3g in my house, but now, i am getting 3-4 bars on 3g constantly. i am now trying the copy of bbm5 from gabriel's hybrid to see if bbm5 really is the root of the evil. hopefully not, i love bbm5 too....
    I am really glad, as signal is very important. I wish you best luck to get bbm5 working. If you need the links, let us know.

  19. #39
    cnn888 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    STORM2
    Posts
    128
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    I am really glad, as signal is very important. I wish you best luck to get bbm5 working. If you need the links, let us know.
    will do, i am now running bbm5 again. hopefully it doesn't leak. looking good for 5 min.

  20. #40
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cnn888 View Post
    will do, i am now running bbm5 again. hopefully it doesn't leak. looking good for 5 min.
    Give it time

    I usually lose not more than 1mb over days

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •