Sending service books and registering
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Sending service books and registering

  1. #1
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times

    Sending service books and registering

    What's the best way to send service books and register (ect) after wiping and installing a new OS?

    Currently I go to options, host routing table, menu key, register. (This sends service books, right?)

    Then I call *228 and do option 1, then call again and do option 2.

    Am I missing anything? Is there more I should do? Is there a better way?

    Thanks for clarifying! Went back to 7.1.4/151 today from 5.0.




  2. #2
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Go to your email settings and hit the BB button then select Service Books. There will be a Send Service Books button at the bottom
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  3. #3
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Liked
    2 times
    you need to either go to setup>email settings and log in and request the service books be sent or go to your carriers bis site and do it

    i would suggest doing it on the website as on the phone doesnt always send the service books or sometimes there is a delay

    im not sure what carrier you are on but he is the verizon one:
    BlackBerry Internet Service

  4. #4
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Go to your email settings and hit the BB button then select Service Books. There will be a Send Service Books button at the bottom
    Hmmm, I don't see this...

    email settings>BB button> then I see Folder Redirection, Save, Show keyboard, Switch app., and Close

  5. #5
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Laney View Post
    you need to either go to setup>email settings and log in and request the service books be sent or go to your carriers bis site and do it

    i would suggest doing it on the website as on the phone doesnt always send the service books or sometimes there is a delay

    im not sure what carrier you are on but he is the verizon one:
    BlackBerry Internet Service
    Hmm, I don't have setup because I shrunk my os. Let me try that link.

    Are my other steps good? *228 and host routing table thingy?

  6. #6
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    Hmm, I don't have setup because I shrunk my os. Let me try that link.

    Are my other steps good? *228 and host routing table thingy?
    ahh, i forgot some people shrink that part off :lmao:

    yep, once you resend your service books you should be good to go

  7. #7
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

    The easiest way to accomplish both sending service and registering your host routing is the following

    Go to manage connections>mobile network options>bb key>choose diagnostic test. That will send your service books and register your table

  8. #8
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    All set! Thanks guys!

    Note to self: Don't get rid of Setup next time!

  9. #9
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

    The easiest way to accomplish both sending service and registering your host routing is the following

    Go to manage connections>mobile network options>bb key>choose diagnostic test. That will send your service books and register your table
    OOOOh! That sounds better!

    So then all I would have to do is call *228?

  10. #10
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

    The easiest way to accomplish both sending service and registering your host routing is the following

    Go to manage connections>mobile network options>bb key>choose diagnostic test. That will send your service books and register your table
    you learn something new everyday :35: thanks bry!

  11. #11
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

    The easiest way to accomplish both sending service and registering your host routing is the following

    Go to manage connections>mobile network options>bb key>choose diagnostic test. That will send your service books and register your table
    Thanks for the tip Bryan, this is a good way to save some time. I had been sending them manually through email set up.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  12. #12
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

    The easiest way to accomplish both sending service and registering your host routing is the following

    Go to manage connections>mobile network options>bb key>choose diagnostic test. That will send your service books and register your table
    Thanks for the tip Bryan, this is a good way to save some time. I had been sending them manually through email set up.
    New note to self: continue removing setup, remember Bryan's tip.

  13. #13
    OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9630
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

    The easiest way to accomplish both sending service and registering your host routing is the following

    Go to manage connections>mobile network options>bb key>choose diagnostic test. That will send your service books and register your table
    Hi Bryan, I tried your tip but this didnt work for me.

    At diagnostics test screen, I hit bb button and options and it was blank. I filled in what I thought was my information and it still fails. I notice my EDGE goes to edge when I try to run this test. Might it have to do with the fact that I'm on an unlocked phone on tmo?

  14. #14
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc View Post
    Hi Bryan, I tried your tip but this didnt work for me.

    At diagnostics test screen, I hit bb button and options and it was blank. I filled in what I thought was my information and it still fails. I notice my EDGE goes to edge when I try to run this test. Might it have to do with the fact that I'm on an unlocked phone on tmo?
    I don't know where Bryan went ....but I the EDGE/edge has to do with the sfi (radio) file and how well it handles GSM network. I would stick with the one you have had the most positive experience with.

  15. #15
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

    Quote Originally Posted by Laney
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

    The easiest way to accomplish both sending service and registering your host routing is the following

    Go to manage connections>mobile network options>bb key>choose diagnostic test. That will send your service books and register your table
    you learn something new everyday :35: thanks bry!
    Thanks Laney it is a nice way to avoid all the different screens

  16. #16
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

    The easiest way to accomplish both sending service and registering your host routing is the following

    Go to manage connections>mobile network options>bb key>choose diagnostic test. That will send your service books and register your table
    Thanks for the tip Bryan, this is a good way to save some time. I had been sending them manually through email set up.
    New note to self: continue removing setup, remember Bryan's tip.
    :lmao: glad I could keep the shrink alive

  17. #17
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

    Quote Originally Posted by olta777
    Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc View Post
    Hi Bryan, I tried your tip but this didnt work for me.

    At diagnostics test screen, I hit bb button and options and it was blank. I filled in what I thought was my information and it still fails. I notice my EDGE goes to edge when I try to run this test. Might it have to do with the fact that I'm on an unlocked phone on tmo?
    I don't know where Bryan went ....but I the EDGE/edge has to do with the sfi (radio) file and how well it handles GSM network. I would stick with the one you have had the most positive experience with.
    Thanks Olta I was on my way to family reunion.

  18. #18
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)



    :lmao: glad I could keep the shrink alive
    Thanks for helping me with my shrinkage problem.. .....:laugh2:

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •