9530 5.0.0.140 Findings Thread #2 - Page 4
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 505

Thread: 9530 5.0.0.140 Findings Thread #2

  1. #61
    Goldwinger's Avatar
    Goldwinger is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canton, GA
    PIN
    30f79184
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The One That Works!!
    Posts
    87
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain Producer View Post
    Yup same here. Sorry watkins. I was hoping it was just mine. Its not a deal breaker, but it will be difficult to set the alarm daily
    I haven't caught up with all of this thread, but I can adjust the hours, minutes and on/off/weekdays with no problems.

    One thing I did find and haven't seen in this thread (remember, I haven't read it all yet) was that sometimes you can't delete emails. At first deleting a single email was fine. Only deleting multiple emails seemed to lock it up. Then deleting emails one at a time it would go through the motion, say it was deleting, but the email was still there, weird.




  2. #62
    causey's Avatar
    causey is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    OOAK's .425 Hybrid
    Posts
    62
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rlervin View Post
    After my restore it shows that Facebook is installed in the application list but it is nowhere to be found on my phone. Has anyone else seen this and what is the fix for it?
    no fix...it shows installed, but facebook doesnt support it. just go to m.facebook.com, and use that...more functional anywho. set it as your homepage
    Fallen, broken. Simply dissolved into an incomplete thought.
    An empty shell, cracked, and disfigured. With no remorse,
    I have been blinded by the darkness. With no disdain,
    I have received my punishment. And with no haste, I await them.

  3. #63
    watkins's Avatar
    watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    VA Beach
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Posts
    735
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rlervin View Post
    After my restore it shows that Facebook is installed in the application list but it is nowhere to be found on my phone. Has anyone else seen this and what is the fix for it?
    Facebook doesn't work with 5.0 as of right now. It shows up in the apps but isn't present on the phone. This is how it has been with everyone that i have heard had facebook(myself included). As soon as there is a fix there will be info on this site to share the knowledge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
    I haven't caught up with all of this thread, but I can adjust the hours, minutes and on/off/weekdays with no problems.

    One thing I did find and haven't seen in this thread (remember, I haven't read it all yet) was that sometimes you can't delete emails. At first deleting a single email was fine. Only deleting multiple emails seemed to lock it up. Then deleting emails one at a time it would go through the motion, say it was deleting, but the email was still there, weird.
    Thats interesting that you can set it by actually clicking on the hours. From the people i have talked with this isn't the case with our phones. The way i found around it was to set the alarm in calander so you don't have to scroll through all the minutes to change the hours.

  4. #64
    BDRAGON's Avatar
    BDRAGON is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BDRAGON On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    PIN
    CUSHION!
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.983
    Posts
    416
    Liked
    0 times
    Not sure if this was mentioned, but security wipe(handheld wipe) is now an option by itself in security options. Missing too many options on my storm right now to enjoy 5.0. Going back to .151.

  5. #65
    mickrg123's Avatar
    mickrg123 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0 HYBRID
    Posts
    145
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having two problems, 1st when I click a web page link in uber twitter it just goes to my home screen with no address link, 2nd camera could not start

  6. #66
    rlervin's Avatar
    rlervin is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow rlervin On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Weber City, Va
    PIN
    310D15AC
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v3.1 .
    Posts
    555
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BDRAGON View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned, but security wipe(handheld wipe) is now an option by itself in security options. Missing too many options on my storm right now to enjoy 5.0. Going back to .151.
    Same here. I had problems with Facebook of course and the browser. I have went back to 151 (Lyricidal Beta 6 v5).
    OS: Willyboy 95xx v3.1 .580-.734/.743/.758/6.0.0.31 & Shrink-A-OS
    Rules and Guidelines l Help Center

  7. #67
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Quote Originally Posted by mickrg123
    I am having two problems, 1st when I click a web page link in uber twitter it just goes to my home screen with no address link, 2nd camera could not start
    Try clicking on you twitter app to launch it, and give it a second, then hit the back button once and it should be there. I noticed the same thing with bbos launcher.

  8. #68
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rlervin View Post
    Same here. I had problems with Facebook of course and the browser. I have went back to 151 (Lyricidal Beta 6 v5).
    Unfortunately Facebook is not working with 5.0. Not sure what issues you are having with your browser though.

  9. #69
    miami1683's Avatar
    miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    278
    Liked
    0 times
    First of all Simple Weather ans Storm Slider both work. Nice for that. I also had to remove Facebook. Now I am still only booting up with 38 mb's available. Any idea how I can get better memory available

  10. #70
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Quote Originally Posted by miami1683
    First of all Simple Weather ans Storm Slider both work. Nice for that. I also had to remove Facebook. Now I am still only booting up with 38 mb's available. Any idea how I can get better memory available
    Ya get rid of a bunch of apps. J/k! No no, is that with apps or after you loaded it?

  11. #71
    miami1683's Avatar
    miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    278
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)



    Ya get rid of a bunch of apps. J/k! No no, is that with apps or after you loaded it?
    That's w/ apps but only bbm, storm slider, Simple weatehr. NO other IM no facbook...it was booting around 46 but I can't seen to get over 40 now. I also found and remover the rim tools file

  12. #72
    cscotty is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    52
    Liked
    0 times
    Has this been uploaded to the server yet? If so, please post a link. I am at work now and would like to download it but our security policy does not let us download from megaupload.com

    Thanks,
    Scott

  13. #73
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by miami1683 View Post
    That's w/ apps but only bbm, storm slider, Simple weatehr. NO other IM no facbook...it was booting around 46 but I can't seen to get over 40 now. I also found and remover the rim tools file
    I also found that I once I installed my apps my memory was much lower than it was with let's say 151. I was down near 30mb when normally I would have closer to 40mb. Not sure what this is attributed to.

  14. #74
    sseguin is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    PIN
    none
    Device
    storm
    OS
    depends if you can help
    Posts
    63
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok. I tried to find it on a few threads - just installed 5.0 and don't have my browser...surely a simply fix to get it back...anyone know how?

  15. #75
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cscotty View Post
    Has this been uploaded to the server yet? If so, please post a link. I am at work now and would like to download it but our security policy does not let us download from megaupload.com

    Thanks,
    Scott
    Sorry we cannot upload this to our server. RIM is none to happy that this OS leaked and those responsible are facing big issues with RIM. Therefore, we need to stay clear of any legal implications but not hosting the leak on our server. Sorry for the inconvenience but am sure you understand.

  16. #76
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sseguin View Post
    Ok. I tried to find it on a few threads - just installed 5.0 and don't have my browser...surely a simply fix to get it back...anyone know how?
    What carrier are you on?

    You can re-send service book or just do a battery pull

  17. #77
    miami1683's Avatar
    miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    278
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I also found that I once I installed my apps my memory was much lower than it was with let's say 151. I was down near 30mb when normally I would have closer to 40mb. Not sure what this is attributed to.
    I am still seeing others report high memory at start up. See thing is. My device restarted4 times in the initial hours. Then I found and removed the RIM help tool. It stopped. I am wondering now if it settles in a little will it get better. The OS is quick, but the memory is lower than it should be

  18. #78
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    any one eles find it funny that one of the biggest improvements with this release is how it looks after a reboot...
    It's just a frustrating but at least now it looks cool

    :lmao:
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

  19. #79
    miami1683's Avatar
    miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    278
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Sorry we cannot upload this to our server. RIM is none to happy that this OS leaked and those responsible are facing big issues with RIM. Therefore, we need to stay clear of any legal implications but not hosting the leak on our server. Sorry for the inconvenience but am sure you understand.
    I knew RIm wouldn't be happy once this leaked and they got all of the email back from the devices beofre the RIM Internal tools were found and removed. FYI neither would another company I do some BETA testing for. The would be PO'd and my BETA privilages would be stopped immediately :no:

  20. #80
    miami1683's Avatar
    miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    278
    Liked
    0 times

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    any one eles find it funny that one of the biggest improvements with this release is how it looks after a reboot...
    It's just a frustrating but at least now it looks cool

    :lmao:
    Yep it's a very nice splash screen. It still reboots slow as molassess

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •