9530 5.0.0.140 Findings Thread #2 - Page 25
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 505

Thread: 9530 5.0.0.140 Findings Thread #2

  1. #481
    medic0906's Avatar
    medic0906 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    CT
    PIN
    311FA49B
    Device
    storm 2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.428 hybrid (428/442/451)
    Posts
    134
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (STORM 9530)

    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    BBM says you are unreachable jlevy. So....Have you had an opportunity to check out some of the newer features. Tabbed Browser, Key Ghosting Options, Today feature for Default Zen Theme, I could go on...
    I think RIM is on the right track. I'm over 48 hours into this OS so I'm hanging on to it. May be a while before any more leaks make it down the pike so I'm going to find the work arounds.
    3rd party apps are sure to follow since this OS is in the wild now
    Maybe because I am rebooting. Give it a few
    What are the "key ghosting options" you had mentioned J?


    ____________________________________

    Apps: eGPS, Quick Pull Pro, Pageonce, Poynt, BBM.57, Ubertwitter, Quick Launch, addonis, Bing, Opera Mini, Score Mobile, Scanner Radio, SmartSig, Mobile Launcher, BerryJoose, You tube, alert, Viigo, BB App World

    "Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast"


  2. #482
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by medic0906
    Wirelessly posted (STORM 9530)

    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    BBM says you are unreachable jlevy. So....Have you had an opportunity to check out some of the newer features. Tabbed Browser, Key Ghosting Options, Today feature for Default Zen Theme, I could go on...
    I think RIM is on the right track. I'm over 48 hours into this OS so I'm hanging on to it. May be a while before any more leaks make it down the pike so I'm going to find the work arounds.
    3rd party apps are sure to follow since this OS is in the wild now
    Maybe because I am rebooting. Give it a few
    What are the "key ghosting options" you had mentioned J?
    If you go to options> screen keyboard and scroll down to bottom, it's the last item in there. Pretty much in addition to predictive text coming up, you get another predictive smaller box "ghosting" typing.

  3. #483
    Pain Producer's Avatar
    Pain Producer is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Posts
    940
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Is anyone having camera zoom issues? When I zoom and take a pic the pic saves all screwed up and choppy. Anyone else?
    UPDATE:
    Verizon Storm 2, Until 4/29 went to "INCREDIBLE"
    Verizon Tour (Wife's)
    OS: 9550--5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK w/all the fixes)
    OS: 9630--5.0.0.643

  4. #484
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain Producer View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Is anyone having camera zoom issues? When I zoom and take a pic the pic saves all screwed up and choppy. Anyone else?
    yep...just tested it

  5. #485
    watkins's Avatar
    watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    VA Beach
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Posts
    735
    Liked
    0 times
    i can't upload pics to ubertwitter

  6. #486
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain Producer View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Is anyone having camera zoom issues? When I zoom and take a pic the pic saves all screwed up and choppy. Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    yep...just tested it
    Hey Pain,

    I found that if you take the zoom all the out as if you were not using the zoom feature, You can take a pic. I know it's a "pain" but it's a workaround for now.

  7. #487
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    Hey Pain,

    I found that if you take the zoom all the out as if you were not using the zoom feature, You can take a pic. I know it's a "pain" but it's a workaround for now.
    splain again pascal...

  8. #488
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Well. I think when you select camera, by default the zoom feature should be all the way out. I could see where some devices may have held the prior zoom position. I would check to see that the zoom position is all the way backed out then take a picture. I had the chopped screen as well however, I backed the zoom feature up and I found that I could take pictures again.

    Is that good cat?

  9. #489
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    Well. I think when you select camera, by default the zoom feature should be all the way out. I could see where some devices may have held the prior zoom position. I would check to see that the zoom position is all the way backed out then take a picture. I had the chopped screen as well however, I backed the zoom feature up and I found that I could take pictures again.

    Is that good cat?
    gotcha...i thought you had a fix to be able to zoom and take a pic...mine saved the zoom also like you mentioned.i didn't know it did that.thanks

  10. #490
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    gotcha...i thought you had a fix to be able to zoom and take a pic...mine saved the zoom also like you mentioned.i didn't know it did that.thanks

    Anytime Catside....Again it's just a work around. I realize like most here in our community the this 9530 5.0 OS has its fair share of cons.....On the flip side, it has great pros. In time these issues will be addressed IMHO.
    Last edited by MePascal; 07-26-2009 at 09:46 AM.

  11. #491
    manofice's Avatar
    manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Posts
    701
    Liked
    3 times
    After another weekend, no random reboots, no shut downs, no restarts. This has been super stable, I checked my memory today and it was at 47.4....after a heavy usage weekend.
    Running BB 9930 7.0.0.353
    BlackBerry Certified Support Specialist (v5.0)

  12. #492
    soupmeister's Avatar
    soupmeister is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlantic Canada
    PIN
    Caution
    Device
    9530 on BELL Canada
    OS
    leaked .591 & Lyricidal's .758 V2 Hybrid
    Posts
    323
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by manofice View Post
    After another weekend, no random reboots, no shut downs, no restarts. This has been super stable, I checked my memory today and it was at 47.4....after a heavy usage weekend.
    Same experinece here. This is by far the best build yet!!!:1244:
    "Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really understand the situation!" - Ed Morrow

  13. #493
    bkrickles is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long Island, N.Y.
    PIN
    305b197e
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.436
    Posts
    101
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by soupmeister View Post
    Same experinece here. This is by far the best build yet!!!:1244:
    I concur. There's a couple of quirks, but overall this is the best yet. I am totally ok with the stock theme and the 3rd party apps I'm using work well. The memory doesn't move at all which is real freaky. I re-downloaded viigo (which I haven't used in a while because of so called memory leaks) and it works flawlessly. I also use berry weather,accelodex,aerize alerts, datavault, bblight,facecall,opera(fantastic),phonelog1.4,poyn t,quicklaunch(reset works great),shortcutmetouch, and the time mobile app.
    I think the only issues I had with apps I was running was with app world (now I can't download the newest version of youmail .96) and vlingo3. Otherwise it's all good.

  14. #494
    bkrickles is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long Island, N.Y.
    PIN
    305b197e
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.436
    Posts
    101
    Liked
    0 times
    Forgot to ask. Has anybody shrunk this with any success? I downloaded newest shrink app but I'm hesitant to try as my memory seems to be perfect.

  15. #495
    louwiid's Avatar
    louwiid is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fortress of Gorillatude
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    1.4
    Posts
    639
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrickles View Post
    Forgot to ask. Has anybody shrunk this with any success? I downloaded newest shrink app but I'm hesitant to try as my memory seems to be perfect.
    I have, but others have reported issues.

    If you are happy with it as-is, just go with it!

    ----------------
    Now playing: Chicago Public Radio - #386: Fine Print
    via FoxyTunes
    It's still real to me, dammit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI
    Who's awesome? You're awesome!
    NOCJ http://nocj.urbanup.com/4256654
    Any fool knows a Dog needs a home, a shelter from Pigs on the Wing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPAYR5NReE8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Omz...layer_embedded

  16. #496
    jarniella's Avatar
    jarniella is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bronx
    Device
    Storm 9550 & Tour 9630
    OS
    Storm .428 Tour 5.0.0.419
    Posts
    39
    Liked
    0 times
    Can someon tell me if MMS works? I read a lot of different threads and no one mentioned it. I create ringtones for my neice and with .151 and BBC hybrid it did not work. Thanks

  17. #497
    Bugfarmer's Avatar
    Bugfarmer is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Bugfarmer On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tacoma Wa
    PIN
    30500fa4
    Device
    storm
    OS
    5.0
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes that all works now had the same problem sending ringtones on the hybrid.:1244:

  18. #498
    Goldwinger's Avatar
    Goldwinger is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canton, GA
    PIN
    30f79184
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The One That Works!!
    Posts
    87
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    Anytime Catside....Again it's just a work around. I realize like most here in our community the this 9530 5.0 OS has its fair share of cons.....On the flip side, it has great pros. In time these issues will be addressed IMHO.
    Pascal you should put all these great workarounds in a single post. They are very helpful. Ahhhh! Did you already do this and I've missed it?

    Anyway, lots of great help coming from you, I thought it would be good for everyone to see all of them in one place.

  19. #499
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
    Pascal you should put all these great workarounds in a single post. They are very helpful. Ahhhh! Did you already do this and I've missed it?

    Anyway, lots of great help coming from you, I thought it would be good for everyone to see all of them in one place.
    I agree Michael has spent a lot of time trying to get 5.0 to work optimally. His advise has helped a many out, including myself.

  20. #500
    del bobo is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow del bobo On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica Cali
    Device
    9530
    OS
    .148 BBCM V7 with Greek input...BBOS rocks
    Posts
    47
    Liked
    0 times

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
    Pascal you should put all these great workarounds in a single post. They are very helpful. Ahhhh! Did you already do this and I've missed it?

    Anyway, lots of great help coming from you, I thought it would be good for everyone to see all of them in one place.
    anyworaround for the keyboard freezing and closing down and having to batt pull...this the biggest problem i have with 5.0
    anyhelp would be appreciated
    thanks

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •