Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 33 to 40 of 50

  1. #33
    P3Designs's Avatar
    P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    P3 thanks! This is how I got mine to work :banana:
    Anything for you my sweets.:01:
    Last edited by P3Designs; 07-22-2009 at 08:55 PM.



  2. #34
    OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9630
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Posts
    171
    I wiped my device and installed 5.0 OS and then this bbm 5.0 ota and I'm getting:
    "Download Failed"
    and in details "907 invalid COD File not found"

    Anyone know why?

  3. #35
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc View Post
    I wiped my device and installed 5.0 OS and then this bbm 5.0 ota and I'm getting:
    "Download Failed"
    and in details "907 invalid COD File not found"

    Anyone know why?
    You used the link on the first post of this thread?



  4. #36
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc View Post
    I wiped my device and installed 5.0 OS and then this bbm 5.0 ota and I'm getting:
    "Download Failed"
    and in details "907 invalid COD File not found"

    Anyone know why?
    Try again. It also didn't work first time for me....second time froze and third time was charm

  5. #37
    Le0_Br4zuC4's Avatar
    Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    I am posting this here in its own thread because I think that it is a significant issue. Please follow these directions very carefully and you will restore your Blackberry Messenger.

    1) Do not attempt to delete any of your old BBM files (not necessary)
    2) Do go to this link from StormOTA and download using your blackberry browser.
    3) After install perform a battery pull.

    No pictures necessary for this. Good Luck.

    Great info...
    ...The only thing we need to add this information is DO NOT download the Storm version, download the version that says OS 5.0 version then yeah, it will work like it did for me!



  6. #38
    polar135's Avatar
    polar135 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow polar135 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    PIN
    not for sharing
    Device
    Droix X FTW
    OS
    2.2
    Posts
    266
    http://www.stormota.com/download.php?appID=304

    is the link for the bbm 5.0 for 5.0 OS.

    i think my problem is that i was using the 4.7 storm vs of bbs 5.0

    You will want to delete off all 4.7 bbm software off your phone.

    FORE HEAD SLIP! Error by user here. lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Le0_Br4zuC4 View Post
    Great info...
    ...The only thing we need to add this information is DO NOT download the Storm version, download the version that says OS 5.0 version then yeah, it will work like it did for me!
    Last edited by polar135; 07-22-2009 at 10:08 PM.

  7. #39
    quiet1 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NY
    PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Posts
    330
    Ok so i just installed 5.0 OS and also installed BB Messenger 5.0 after. It seems some are having a problem and if i was in their shoe I know I always wanted someone to break it down in detail of what they did to get it working, so that's wat i'm going to do.

    €Deleted .151os from the computer.
    €Restarted the Computer.
    €Downloaded and installed 5.0 to the computer.
    €Connected Phone to the computer.
    €Started JL_Cmder and did a complete wipe, then when the wipe was done, exited the program. (leaving the phone still connected to the computer)
    €Opened BB Desktop Manager, then clicked Application Loader and under Update Software, I clicked the Start button. Then waited till the update was done installing on the phone.
    €Then did the initial tutorial.
    €Once the tutorial finished, I did a battery pull. (I left the phone off for a minute)
    €When the phone restarted I opened up the browser, i put in http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9530-operating-software and then clicked on the forum BBM 5.0 and leaked os 5.0.0.140 SOLUTION.
    €Then clicked on the StormOTA link in the post.
    €Once the program finished installing on to the phone, I did another battery pull.
    €When the phone came back on, I went to the folder "Instant Messaging" and the BB Messenger icon was already in there. (no i didn't check before installing to see if there was an icon)
    €Clicked on the BB Messenger Icon and it was working.

    and that's exactly how I installed it all. I know to some this might seem like a waste of a post, but I know for people like me to see a really stripped down step by step of wat others did always helps trace my steps to see if I did something wrong.
    Hope that helps others.
    Last edited by quiet1; 07-22-2009 at 10:20 PM.

  8. #40
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by quiet1 View Post
    Ok so i just installed 5.0 OS and also installed BB Messenger 5.0 after. It seems some are having a problem and if i was in their shoe I know I always wanted someone to break it down in detail of what they did to get it working, so that's wat i'm going to do.

    €Deleted .151os from the computer.
    €Restarted the Computer.
    €Downloaded and installed 5.0 to the computer.
    €Connected Phone to the computer.
    €Started JL_Cmder and did a complete wipe, then when the wipe was done, exited the program. (leaving the phone still connected to the computer)
    €Opened BB Desktop Manager, then clicked Application Loader and under Update Software, I clicked the Start button. Then waited till the update was done installing on the phone.
    €Then did the initial tutorial.
    €Once the tutorial finished, I did a battery pull. (I left the phone off for a minute)
    €When the phone restarted I opened up the browser, i put in 9530 Operating Software - BlackberryOS.com and then clicked on the forum BBM 5.0 and leaked os 5.0.0.140 SOLUTION.
    €Then clicked on the StormOTA link in the post.
    €Once the program finished installing on to the phone, I did another battery pull.
    €When the phone came back on, I went to the folder "Instant Messaging" and the BB Messenger icon was already in there. (no i didn't check before installing to see if there was an icon)
    €Clicked on the BB Messenger Icon and it was working.

    and that's exactly how I installed it all. I know to some this might seem like a waste of a post, but I know for people like me to see a really stripped down step by step of wat others did always helps trace my steps to see if I did something wrong.
    Hope that helps others.

    This is an awesome informative post!!! I am sure it will help many other members!!! Thank you. You sure are getting rep points from me

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •